***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

FAQ for living with the Evo X MR

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

i paid cash so no repayments for me. and insurance is $1100 a year for full comp and thats with all of my modifications listed as well
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Blakey wrote:so did you pay cash or get a loan? if loan how much you pay off a week?

Paid in cash. And no, I did not carry a suitcase to the dealer with money in it (despite what my mates thought when they asked me how I paid for it and I responded with cash lol) :)

As for insurance, I am with Just Car. It's around $2100 a year with the $4300 excess I think? Or is it $4500? Can't remember but the car is fully insured to the purchase price of $70k. I figured since this is my weekend car and won't be used that often there is no point spending more on premium to reduce the excess.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:14 pm

holy s#$! thats incredible. im with just car as well. just goes to show that location makes a huge difference on insurance premiums. my excess is only.... carry the one.... 1900. at least your ctp is cheaper than mine Jace

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:44 pm

bloody hell where do you work jace to pay for an evo in cash?

plus the suitcase would of been an awesome thing just walk in with it and the dealer goes how will you pay for this and you lift up the brief case spin it around and go is cash ok. you pop it open and lift the lid as he looks at you stunned. but yer wow cash lol. but then again i am a 2nd year apprentice earning just under 50grand a year lol so by the time im 21 3years ill have enough to buy one in cash. lol so its not that hard really.

Also i got a quote on my N/A lancer when i first got it from allians they wanted my to pay $3500 for ctp plus 2500 excess. so i think i win for a n/a insurance quote literally more then a V8 insurance, modded, with other insurers

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:19 pm

arutha wrote:holy s#$! thats incredible. im with just car as well. just goes to show that location makes a huge difference on insurance premiums. my excess is only.... carry the one.... 1900. at least your ctp is cheaper than mine Jace

That's the thing... I thought I would be in the cheapest category of insurance considering I have a secure apartment in Pyrmont on the harbour and I walk to my office in the Sydney CBD... so even if I do happen to drive the car to work, it's parked in a secure place! *shrugs*

And I agree it is very achievable if you are young and willing to work hard for something (before you get a gf/family). That being said I did do a bit of stuff on the side on top of my full time job (and full time studies) which was very profitable at the time to pay for the Evo :) There are a few very young Evo X drivers (mostly small business entrepreneurs) around surprisingly.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:18 pm

yo jace , how much did you pay for your MR and how new was it ?
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Hey Jace/Arutha

How you guys finding the turbo lag, particularly in traffic? Have you done anything to correct it? When I test drove the Evo, one of the things that put me off spending the extra $$ was the noticeable lag as opposed to the RA...
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Hecky wrote:Hey Jace/Arutha

How you guys finding the turbo lag, particularly in traffic? Have you done anything to correct it? When I test drove the Evo, one of the things that put me off spending the extra $$ was the noticeable lag as opposed to the RA...

turbo lag? whats turbo lag? im making 10psi @ 2000 rpm's lol

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:17 pm

JaCe wrote:
Blakey wrote:so did you pay cash or get a loan? if loan how much you pay off a week?

Paid in cash. And no, I did not carry a suitcase to the dealer with money in it (despite what my mates thought when they asked me how I paid for it and I responded with cash lol) :)

As for insurance, I am with Just Car. It's around $2100 a year with the $4300 excess I think? Or is it $4500? Can't remember but the car is fully insured to the purchase price of $70k. I figured since this is my weekend car and won't be used that often there is no point spending more on premium to reduce the excess.

.... Um how old are you Jase?? lol
that is absolutely insane... i'm paying 1k a year only because i'm under 25. With all my mods listed, and 1 $350 excess
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:22 pm

NSW is dreadful when it comes to insurance in the cities. My RA would have been around $1600 if I was in some places both in and outside of the city, but up here its only $515 and $350 excess. Must go on congestion of traffic. More cars in a smaller area = more chances of accidents occuring.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:30 pm

whitemonster wrote:yo jace , how much did you pay for your MR and how new was it ?

$69k drive-away in May 2009 for a 2008 plated model with <20km on it. Brand new model not yet registered.

Hecky wrote:Hey Jace/Arutha

Unlike Arutha, mine is stock. I think the lag isn't that prevalent but the Ralliart definitely feels like it spools up faster in NORMAL mode. However if you drive in SPORT or S-SPORT it's a lot better. As I'm often stuck in traffic I tend to leave the SST in Normal and my throttle controller to economy mode which means that a small little Jazz can probably pop it's head in front of me at the lights but then I rarely use more than 20% throttle. If I switch the throttle controller up (even in NORMAL mode) the car can become bloody sensitive (twitchy is the word I'd use to describe the highest sensitivity setting).

mr_evo wrote:
JaCe wrote:

.... Um how old are you Jase?? lol
that is absolutely insane... i'm paying 1k a year only because i'm under 25. With all my mods listed, and 1 $350 excess

I bought it when I was 21 and had just gotten my full licence less than a week before. Didn't have much choice since most places were >$5k p/a (e.g. NRMA) or touching on $4k (e.g. AAMI). Pretty shocking considering I have a perfect driving & claims record, and the car is parked in my secure apartment in Pyrmont or in my office in the Sydney CBD.

Fingers crossed now that I'm 22 my insurance will be cheaper.

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 pm

I am amazsed how much you guys pay for insurance... my GSR is covered to $71k and only costs me $650 a year with a $450 excess... then again i am 30...
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:12 am

JaCe wrote:
arutha wrote:holy s#$! thats incredible. im with just car as well. just goes to show that location makes a huge difference on insurance premiums. my excess is only.... carry the one.... 1900. at least your ctp is cheaper than mine Jace

That's the thing... I thought I would be in the cheapest category of insurance considering I have a secure apartment in Pyrmont on the harbour and I walk to my office in the Sydney CBD... so even if I do happen to drive the car to work, it's parked in a secure place! *shrugs*

lol at you guys fuming for insurance. i have a $4400 excess and a monthly repayments of $130. but in saying that i just turned 21 and a male driving in victoria + a turbo car doenst help at all. i figured if i can afford a $47k car i could affored the repayments for insurance and stuff.

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 am

Just because we can afford it, doesn't mean we want to pay for it if we can get it cheaper :P

zeroshift
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby zeroshift » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:27 am

I'd like to know how the hell someone that's 21 can afford $69K car...

Return to “Evolution X Performance”