***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

interesting faults found on the 10, even from showroom

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

efod3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby efod3 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Jason-VR wrote:Scott are you at fault at all? Do you want to drag every other car at the lights? Are you are car enthusiast or hoon? With maturity you hopefully will change your attitude. Hopefully before that happens you dont kill someone else on the road. Luckily for me you dont live in my state.

Jason, you jump very quickly from asking questions to making conclusions. Is Scott at fault? We don't know. Does he drag race at the lights? We don't know. And then bang... with maturity... Scott's 12? And...

Context is really difficult online, I ain't on anyone's side, but the history of Scott's issue should be taken into account when reading his posts on this. And right or wrong they've been worth reading.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Thu May 22, 2014 8:51 am

So what you really sayin... RA > Evo :D
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu May 22, 2014 9:18 am

el3ment wrote:So what you really sayin... RA > Evo :D

Well the s-awc sounds like it does some great things, and I've been following an EVO X and seen it go through a 90 deg corner quite amazingly, but with this (however unlikely) risk of failure, I think I'm glad I don't have it!
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm

i dont know im not making or passing judgement on anyone here all i can say is if you were driving straight and then u lost control then its probably bad luck with poor driving conditions, but if you were going into a corner and caused that much damage to your car then i can only assume black ice was on the road.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Thu May 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Dude! Seriously now: i cant explain this shit any more simple

Road conditions: STRAIGHT, DRY, TRAVELING SPEED LIMIT, NO OTHER CONTRIBUTING FACTORS!

1.There was a mechanical failure while driving straight (shit breaks on cars, weather wear and tear or fault or abuse PERIOD!!!!)

2. The S-AWC ECU did NOT recognize it as a failure/broken part, the s-awc ecu recognized it as a VARIATION AND SENT THE CAR HAY WIRE! (THIS IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING INTO AND WHY DOESNT IT HAVE A "SAFE MODE")

3. Driver CORRECTIVE ACTIONS where CONFLICTING with S-AWC ECU vis-versa!

The IMPACT DAMAGE ON CAR IS NO MORE THAN 57-63km/h! INTO 2 SOLID OBJECTS. SPEED WAS NOT A FACTOR OF THIS CRASH!

If you cant understand the above then you should really learn to read and understand!
Last edited by scott_drake on Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Thu May 22, 2014 2:28 pm

oh and my insurance got denied not because of ANYTHING relating to the crash it self what so ever, it got denied for other various reasons that have nothing what so ever to do with the crash, i am smashing this in court bit by bit,

in the mean while i have a team working on my car to find why WHY THE HELL DID THE CAR BEHAVE LIKE IT DID DURING A FAILURE!!!

And black-art!

You have read beebles post propley, :one of hes wires came loose while driving (TRACK, NO TRACK IT DOESNT MATTER THE CAR WAS IN MOTION PERIOD).....It was loose becuase of a brace rubbing on it, (AS I SAY AGAIN WHY DOESN'T THE CAR JUST GO INTO SAFE MODE?)

We are going to test a brand spanka evo 10 in controlled conditions and environment and start trying "VARIOUS TESTS" and see how the car behaves.......But first we need to find out the BRAKE DOWN OF THE S-AWC ECU and how it communicates with the main ECU....(and the reason to understand the brake down before we test it is so that we know WHAT TO EXPECT during a failure)

But dont worry im sure you already knew all of this about how a ECU brake down works

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu May 22, 2014 2:45 pm

scoot tbh sounds a bit far fetched but i hope you prove me wrong.
would mean a massive recall world wide for mmc if ur theory is correct
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors

K&N Panel Filter Replacement

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Firstly, sorry to hear about your accident Scott.
Secondly, I'm glad to of seen this post as I have a new 2014 Evo X.
I will be keeping an eye on this post for sure!

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu May 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Well as I said before we don't know as we weren't there - however you'd have to be pretty sure you were in the right if you were going to take it up in the courts, with all the associated costs etc. I mean if I was even a bit unsure if I was at fault I wouldn't push it, but that's just me.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote: then there is a lot of reverse engineering to be done....

thats what we are doing! first understand the brake down of the ecu and learn from it and know 110% what to expect, then purposely run "faults to confirm how it behaves"

well im not sure if they have spoken to mitshi designers, mabey they have im not too sure, but i know im doing my process which will be 110% correct and accurate facts that will stand in court!

They have a BRAND SPANKA with them to run these tests!

Could take years who knows?

Return to “Evolution X Performance”