68%
Ralliart
32%

Total votes: 22

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 am

if you are living in NYC good luck with a car, you will have no where to park it. public transport is the way to go.

only plus for a ralliart is the rear folding seats otherwise Evo is better in every other way.

Performance wise the 10K is worth it, will cost you more than that to get a ralliart to the same spec.

TheDirkDiggler
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby TheDirkDiggler » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 am

As long as your not in Mahattan parking isn't that bad, even if you are in Mahattan parking is only about $400 per month.

The biggest thing over there is the quality of the roads. Forget about lowering the car, and forget about having nice rims. Also get used to swapping between summer and winter tyres.

Keep in mind gas is over there is about $1 a litre so fuel consumption shouldn't be of too much concern.

zxssded
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby zxssded » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks for the help peps. Will probs get a RA, but will see what happens.

Anyone know where to buy parts in the US?

Custom Exhaust
Suspension
Bodykits

these are the main 3 il be looking at. rims will be fairly easy to find, ebay and all, but these 3 are my main focus.

Also are there sites like carsales.com.au in america? cant seem to find any good websites, all the sites iv looked at so far look...kinda...dodgy.
Real first name: Marcus
Model: 2010 CJ ES
Colour: Effect Grey
General interests: Music, Art, CAR
Current mods: Some Kind of Bodykit, 2.25' Catback, 3' Tip, Speedy 18' Rims
Planned mods: Suspension
How you found out about ClubCJ: Google

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 pm

zxssded wrote: Anyone know where to buy parts in the US? Custom Exhaust Suspension Bodykits these are the main 3 il be looking at. rims will be fairly easy to find, ebay and all, but these 3 are my main focus.

HEAPS of good parts for the EVO/RA over there mate, I sometimes wish I lived there just to get easy access to that stuff - its cheaper, and there is a waaay bigger 2nd hand market also. You're going to be in mod heaven in USA.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Look on EvoM or EvoX for secondhand parts

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

my14Evo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby my14Evo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:42 pm

I can now say that I have had both. Just traded our RA on an Evo MR. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that there IS no comparison. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I always wanted an Evo, bought a RA loved it then got my Evo. Biggest drawback with the Evo is the Recaros. Don't get me wrong, once your in your in and they are super comfortable but, can be a pain when you only want to go to the corner shop. You can't really compare the two as the driving experience is so different in each. RA was nice but the Evo is a different animal entirley.

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:24 am

my14Evo wrote:I can now say that I have had both. Just traded our RA on an Evo MR. Im pretty sure I can safely say that there IS no comparison. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I always wanted an Evo, bought a RA loved it then got my Evo. Biggest drawback with the Evo is the Recaros. Dont get me wrong, once your in your in and they are super comfortable but, can be a pain when you only want to go to the corner shop. You cant really compare the two as the driving experience is so different in each. RA was nice but the Evo is a different animal entirley.

I <3 the Recaros
For a quote I saw the other day which I liked very much from troy
It's like comparing an orange to a mandarin, look similar and share many things alike but are very different. A Ralliart is a turbocharged lancer and an Evo is a car designed for a purpose. Completely different body structure, suspension, brakes etc. . . .
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:21 pm

sleeper wrote:yeah, lol, i`m not buying into this :)

LOL...I think its a bit of "But this one goes to Eleven" huh Steve...LMAO :)

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:21 pm

RA owners think evo owners are EGOmaniacs........lol

Return to “Evolution X Performance”