Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Braided lines for turbo

Postby BST50N » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:05 am

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has been answered/covered before, but I've searched here and at EvoM and EvoX and can't get a straight answer. I'm swapping over to an Evo X frame turbo (MAP EF2) and all I need now really is the oil and water lines. I've read a bit about the swap, and issues people have had snapping oil lines etc. I want to get some braided lines made up.

Can someone tell me what size the lines are? I've found a kit on ebay USA that is supposed to be for both, and it says that both oil and water lines are AN4. I've also looked at other turbo kit suppliers etc and they all seem to supply AN4 lines for oil supply. It just seems to me this might be a bit small.

Can someone please confirm? Are both oil and water the same? Just looking at the pics, the water lines seem a bit bigger. It seems like the drain line needs to be kept standard however as it has that push - in type fitting.

Cheers!
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:14 am

cant help u sorry Nick, i used solid lines, no problems though.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Bro your in Sydney, if you are doing it by your self, temp bolt up the turbo so you can measure it up, then measure your lines to give you just enough lee-way for engine movement during shifting and heat expansion, install/removal etc........right down the length, size, and fittings you want and go to any shop that car parts/autobarn or even a mechanic and they will get the parts you need, spend $3 on plumbing tape, put the kit together your self and bobs your uncle (if you cant do this you should not be modifying a car and should really let professionals do it for you,

btw you want to remove the oil restrictor going to the turbo so it can actually by HIGH FLOWING and not have a fat line limited by the bango bolt hole going in.....if you got faith you can open the hole with a dremel and allow more oil to flow.. and dont run any filters in the braided lines what so even even those metal mesh once in alloy cases, the are useless JUNK and will leak over time....

Return to “Evolution X Performance”