Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Review on exedy hd, custom flywheel, cmc, heaps of other stu

Postby scott_drake » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey thought i would give you my review on these items

1. Custom flywheel, this flywheel is heavier than stock but its rotational mass is less becuase all the weight is in the centre...i dont need to rev the car as much to get going, power almost feels like a n/a car, it comes on very very smooooooth, Very good flywheel from scotty at western clutch union

2. Exedy HD clutch kit, Surprisingly not that heavy on the leg mabey about 10-$15% stiffer than stock, it is not all that GRABBY on take off, better than oem but they may be due to the flywheel, the overall engaugment is not that differnt from stock

3. TWM Cable bushes and gate Selector, this made the shifting feel much more crisp and the springy-ness of the side to side motion was more responsive

4. Map Clutch master cyclinder, this is a MUST, the second gear crunch we all dread is GONE.....I mean GONE....This has made the clutch pedal feel soo soo CRISP and it feels like how a clutch should feel like, install tip on this the brake booster needs to come off, and the plate we found it has to be mounted differntly to the lhd, took us a fair bit of head scrating to figure out, requires alot of fab work to make it fit and work, you also ditch the clutch restrictor, part of the hardline will stay there only way to get it out is if you cut it to bits, has made shifting feel similar to a evo 7,8,9

5. Map Oil feed line, this is a real PITA the t case came off 3 times to make it fit to perfection, this seems to make my turbo run cooler, i could not tell if there was any glow but will test later on tonight...install tip, turbo needs to come off or you can take the manifold off and work with around it, Now the oil filter it comes with and the adapter it comes with throw this thing in the damn bin they are not needed, the oil feed line is about 3mm in diamaiter as the stock feed line is about 1.5mm in diamiter, overall pretty happy with it,

6. Nissan coolant, THIS IS A MUST, just by changing the coolant i got 10deg lower temps once the motor got to its normal temp we used computer to test and confirm it, the nissan coolant can even be mixed yes that is right mixed with the mitsubishi coolant no issues what so ever, the nissan coolant can be mixed to what ever ratio you wish instead of rip off cheap ass mitshi pre mix

7. Innovate air fuel gauge, is a must if you have had a tune

Tip, the ACD Fluid (the gearbox) gets thrashed very quickly, i mean very quickly,

The gearbox, t case, rear diff oils, need to be changed every 10,000kms i use amsoil svg 75-90 for t case and diff and no metal flakes, they run quiter and cooler, the gearbox i use amsoil 75-90 api gl4 mtf, this oil is very good and came out bloody clean after 5000kms of testing it HARSHLY... mobil is dirt compared to these oils

The ACD/AYC fluid should be changed and bleed every 5000kms, i only use oem ATF SP III....this fluid for some reason is clean in the resivour but it is black in the diff and gearbox it seems to be heat related for the oil to be turning black that quickly, now i am currently doing some testing to find a oil that can replace the oem to something FULLY synthetic, the trick is to find an oil that holds the same propeties as oem but have viscosity better than oem at operating temps, i am sending the oem oil to get tested and messure its viscosity so i know what fluids i can work with,

The power steering fluid should be changed to the red oem ps fluid, you only need 2 bottles to flush the system out complety, this has made my steering feel lighter and quieter, the oem your car comes with is a very dark colour from factory, change this fluid every 20,000kms

Engine oil, AMSOIL 5-40w, my engine loves me for this, enough said, change every 2,500kms harsh driving or 5,000kms normal usage

Any questions please ask

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:40 am

Agree with your choice of AMSoil
very good stuff :)
and you just reminded me, I need to change my TC and diff fluids very soon :(
dammit.
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

Return to “Evolution X Performance”