EVOX mr sst build ???

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Rob x mr
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

EVOX mr sst build ???

Postby Rob x mr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi there I would like to ask has anyone built a evo x mr sst 20 12/13 up to around 300/350 kw with street and track in mind ... I am totally new to cars always had bikes when I say new I mean preformance build
The car has only 4500 k,s on it I bought it new in Brisbane QLD
I HAVE had some work done as follows

Ecutek firmware. .. MRT preformance fule pump
MRT rear mufflers .. fuse rail
Mrt center. .. ID1000 injectors
Mrt engine and high flow cat. .. GBF. BOV
MRT dump Pipe. ..SST Upgrade
MRT preformance cams
forced Preformance FP red Turbo upgrade. .. Tein super street coil overs edfc
Upgrade bost solenoid White line sway bars
K&n cold air intake
Question is am I on the right track
.,,..,.,., I Forgot all being put togeather by murcey Motorsport.
Wheels gold 6 spoke advan ao08 semi slick tyers
And I know it may be a little to late to ask but
To be honest im sitting here tonight OMG what have I done.????

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:07 am

adam / beeble is the man to ask, he's pretty much built a Bulletproof evo x mr.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:26 am

mercury motorsport are a good tunehouse although u were probably done like a dinner price wise with the ecutek tune and the MRT hardware.

whats the peak KW reading now?
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:41 am

LaNcE wrote:adam / beeble is the man to ask, hes pretty much built a Bulletproof evo x mr.

+1 - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=11807 ... ght=beeble

I would strongly advise speaking with Adam before going further. His knowledge of tuning and good honest advice will be invaluable in helping you achieve your goals without being ripped off
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 am

Wow you've pretty much ticked all the boxes with your current build.

You're probably close to the maximum that the stock block/SST can handle, you may want to do some research on either SSP or Dodson performance clutch packs for an SST.

Beeble will see this thread anyway so he'll know what you need.

Unfortunately my experience with ECUTEK is that the tuner can lock the ECU so you can't just get another tuner to come along and alter things or read the map.

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Tada! :)

so... you've got a stock motor. planning to build it? you're right on the limit (probably over it) with a Red and 26-27+psi really.
as a general rule, taking a stock 4B block, well rods in particular, you're stuck around 300kw on a sensible reading dyno.
the FP Red with stock cams and 98 and 26psi will push 270kw or so, with cams 280kw.
On E85 you can go 310+ easily and with boost push close to 350kw - IF you have the motor to support it.

now to the SST :
again, 280-300kw is about the limits of the stock tranny. torque is the killer here, not top end power. but a well tuned car that makes around that power has the torque to overcome the stock clutchpacks.
Right now on the market you have 2 main options, SSP and Dodson. SSP are slightly cheaper and slightly longer lasting while Dodson are probably a bit grippier. it's a tough call but my pick right now is the Dodson Clubman kit with PSS seals, the SSP 500hp kit works well but if you plan for mid 300s you will fry it in time.
In terms of costs.... Dodsons will cost you about $2400 in parts and expect similar in labour, maybe slightly less. I'd guess any clutchpack swap you won't see change out of $2k in labour at most workshops. and make sure which ever workshop you choose has done them before.

Tuning - the beauty of upgraded clutchpacks is they need less tuning at full throttle to get them to stick. whereas trying to get a stock SST to stick at higher power/torque requires a bit more skill
However - the daily driver part with upgraded clutchpacks can suffer slightly and actually needs to be dialled back in the SST tuning to avoid jerky shifting when you just cruise around in nanna mode. it is something that needs to be customised for each car/driver and can take a few revisions to get just right.
Also, if you plan to run over 28-30psi there's a lot of tricks and tweaks your tuner needs to know how to do to let your SST play ball and not throw itself into self-protect mode.

In summary :
1) if you build the motor, know you're in for a lot more $$ than you bargain for
2) get a good tuner
3) get a good SST workshop

and if you choose to run e85 or 300kw+ consistently on your stock motor, you are driving a time bomb.
Leave your Red on 98 and high 200s... you don't need to build your motor and you don't need to upgrade your SST internals, it just needs a good tune.
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

Jason@DSG
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Jason@DSG » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:48 pm

I have a 450whp/410tq SST ;)

Feel free to ask me any questions

Jason@DSG
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Jason@DSG » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:50 pm

*336kw for you Aussies :)

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:00 pm

pfffft. I'm at least 337kw! :)
(actually I dyno'd at 330kw on pump fuel at 25psi, now i'm on e85 at 27-28psi so who knows )

hey BTW, are DSG going to do another run of RHD A-pillars? I have had a few people ask recently. I was going to email Sean but this is just as easy.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Beeble wrote:pfffft. Im at least 337kw! :) (actually I dynod at 330kw on pump fuel at 25psi, now im on e85 at 27-28psi so who knows ) hey BTW, are DSG going to do another run of RHD A-pillars? I have had a few people ask recently. I was going to email Sean but this is just as easy.

Also interested in the pillar!!!!!!!! keep me in mind
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:35 pm

there is talk of another RHD production run I think. go harass Sean at DSG and you might get lucky

Jason@DSG
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby Jason@DSG » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

On e85, you're surely destroying that 337kw. That thing must be a BEAST! I had my SST arranged by Baka/Razorlab. My Ralliart didn't have a good MR ROM. I have the proper one in there now, the Super Sport shifts are insane. So crisp and powerful.

As for the DSG Pillars:

I can get them done for my Aussie pals ;) I'd need a good batch though...we typically do (65) at a time. It's not mandatory to do that many, however, I'd need a semi-decent amount.

Can you guys work together and try to get at least 10-15 guys? I can open up a group buy in the new DSG section.

Return to “Evolution X Performance”