***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

options on sst oil change???

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi all brought a bottle of the ford dual clutch fluid have a look at this spec sheet from Castrol i PAID $32 for 1 bottle but can buy 8 bottles for $28 per bottle the castrol spec sheet states that it is the right fluid for a number of makes of cars what catrol does is they on sell the fliuid to car makers the car makers then co-brand the fliud as thier own!!!!! Gazza

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fusio ... 98LUJW.pdf

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.
Ecutek Custom Tune. 3in TurboXS. Turbo Back Exhaust.

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 pm

^^ interestingly - slightly different specs to the Martini fluid

wish I could find official msdspds document for SSTf-1
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

poe_sniper
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby poe_sniper » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:07 am

I haven't seen it Jarryd but a customer in JDM land uses it, as do a lot of the track day cars he said.
He reckons is drives smoother in all conditions.

This type II fluid (not the one they recommend for SST) is the same colour as Ravenol :)
The type I fluid is the same colour as our oem stuff.

Essentially the aftermarket fluids claim to have slightly "less sticky" properties when cold and "more sticky" when hot Vs the oem stuff.

I'll make up a table based on the published data for each fluid I think

poe_sniper
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby poe_sniper » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 am

Adam, both myself and my dad use this oil.

Dad has an Evo X that runs 260kw on 98 and about 300kw on E85. I have a Ralliart with about 200-210kw.

Dads Evo X is a 2008 model and has 153000km on it! It's used this oil from about 70000km and he belts the shit of it daily lol. It's seen a few track days and has never seen the slow down message.

My Ralliart has seen 2 trackdays (one in 40 deg heat) and I have NEVER seen the slowdown mesage. In saying that though on the 40 deg day I was monitoring the trans temp with torque (android app) and I didn't let it go over 110 deg. Apparently things melt at 130deg??? Thus I could do 1 full on lap and then a cool down lap repeatedly through the whole 15min session.

So inmo this oil has been thoroughly tested and so far proven to work extremely well :-).

Once again another one of my opinions, is that the reason we see the mech units failing is that they get moisture on them due to the diaqueen oil. My reasoning is that the diaqueen is NOT a fully synthetic oil and thus when the box gets hot and then cools it would condense on the inside of the box and thus moisture will get in there. The HKS oil is a full synthetic.

Please take all of this as my opinion and NOT a fact. I can only base this on my experience with the HKS oil.

:D

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:09 am

What about the effective lubrication of the oil?
perhaps check out the oil on the next service and cut open the filter?
Obviously this would depend on each owners vehicle and how they drove it. so its not an accurate test...

But we can narrow things down.

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:19 am

this is all the data I have got from various documents around the place
if anyone else can fill in the blanks, fire away :)

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Great info guys! Like I said, happy to do the testing that I can on as many samples as you guys can provide.

I should also be able to confirm some of the published data is that you've collected Adam.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:47 pm

poe_sniper wrote:Ever looked at this one Adam?? http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product/o ... index.html

Hey Jarryd, are you using the DCTF-1 or 2? What's this stuff cost and where are you getting it?
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

poe_sniper
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby poe_sniper » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm using the DCTF-I...to be honest I don't know what the DCTF-II is for? Adam? Can you use that in our boxes?

I get it from:
Performance Wholesale Australia Pty Ltd
6 Cronulla Court
Slacks Creek Qld 4127

20L was $735 delivered to my door.

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:53 pm

I think the other HKS fluid is for euro boxes eg audi/VW

but I did read somewhere that some people were using one type for racing and one type for street - as there were supposed to be driveability issues at lower speeds and lower temps with one of them in the SST. the info is sooo hard to come by though. I tuned a few cars in japan and hong kong where heaps of guys use the HKS stuff, so most of my info was from what they told me

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby gman90 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm

HI Ok I reckon the castrol Transmax Dual is Dia queen re badged or co-branded !!!! so i am going to do the DIY SST oil change other than what the DIYS tell us is there anything else that is needed to be carefull with??
I am going to drop the fliud from the cooler as well from what i have read put back the same amount back in that you take out ??? roughly 7.5 litres ??? anything else plz let me know Gary :D
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.

Ecutek Custom Tune. 3in TurboXS. Turbo Back Exhaust.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:22 am

gman90 wrote:so i am going to do the DIY SST oil change other than what the DIYS tell us is there anything else that is needed to be carefull with??

Are you following the guide(s) that says to flush with mineral oil, or the guide(s) that says to lift all 4 wheels off the ground, sgift into each of the gears for 20 seconds when draining?!

It wasn't anywhere close to 7.5l for me, (a little over 6.5l came out of mine).

18lb/ft torque each of the hex nuts (drain & fill bolts) on the SST. Just about the only bolts on my car that's torqued correctly - everything else was extra tightened by the dealer on prev occasions.

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Ok so far we have the following coming in for testing:

Troupy - Motul
poe_sniper - HKS
Beeble - ???
Black Art - Liquid moly

Anyone else care to donate 100ml of oil for the cause?
Last edited by BST50N on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Evolution X Performance”