Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Part nos are 1140A073 timing chain, MN183896 oil pump chain

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 pm

1035A583 rocker cover gasket. Replaced a few under warranty when fault code is logged. Chain stretch worked out by cam timing.

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:08 am

feral wrote:1035A583 rocker cover gasket. Replaced a few under warranty when fault code is logged. Chain stretch worked out by cam timing.

Can you supply me with the mitsubishi paper work stating the warranty completed and what caused it.....thank you

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 am

scott, pm me your email and i'll send it to you

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 am

would u mind sending me a copy too alan?

steve.wyld@gmail.com
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 am

sent

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 am

Ill pm u my email tonite....i got my email on a peice of paper....i rarley use it lol

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:42 am

I had mine replaced a few weeks ago to the new design chain on my RA. Nothing else is really required, just the new chain. You also can take out a runner inside in the middle, as its no longer required with the new chain. However mitsubishi can supply that info when your mechanic requests it.

it is a good idea however to replace the plastic guides inside also. I'll see if I have the parts list for the parts we used and will post the product codes for them.

Then just need to reset the timing chain stretch value stored in the ECU, which can only be done by the MUT3. My mechnic had the SnapOn computer thing, and it can't do it.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:00 pm

u can see what your current chain stretch value is with a mut3?

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:21 pm

el3ment wrote:I had mine replaced a few weeks ago to the new design chain on my RA. Nothing else is really required, just the new chain. You also can take out a runner inside in the middle, as its no longer required with the new chain. However mitsubishi can supply that info when your mechanic requests it. it is a good idea however to replace the plastic guides inside also. Ill see if I have the parts list for the parts we used and will post the product codes for them. Then just need to reset the timing chain stretch value stored in the ECU, which can only be done by the MUT3. My mechnic had the SnapOn computer thing, and it cant do it.

Sorry to trow heaps of questions, but
How much was the new chain? and aslo how much you got charged for label? and any mechanic can do the replacement?
Thanks!

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 pm

I have a late model 2011 so I should be alright.. Shouldnt I? Any idea how long it takes for them to stretch?

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Heres an update

Went to my mechanic, he said to make it a recall it would have to be submitted to the motoring something something along those lines and they would have to review it.....there main concern is if its a SAFETY issue.....becuase this is not a safety issue it would probaly get knocked back for a recall

So i want to parramatta motor group with the AMMO half loaded even though i have no paper work YET.....I explained to the service person the situation, and asked if it could be replaced before it stretches to much....and i explained to him the modifcations done to the car....this is hes reponse:

Mitsubsihi do have a bullitien regarding this issue and that they are aware of it, how ever they will NOT replace the chain as a precaution unless the code P00012 (timing chain stretch) has come up, to get it covered under warranty needs to be within the warranty period and the ownership of the car needs to be updated to my name (me)....

Then after updating warranty to my name, code p00012 has come up, then they speak to mitshi aus and go through with them to CONFIRM it is timing chain stretch and make the decsion if it will be fixed under warranty or not.....

As regards to mods so long as there are no engine mods and within the warranty period i cant see why they would refuse warranty....he is aware of intake, exhaust, hot pipe, EBC, i explained to him that the EBC is running less BOOST than factory and he said thats fine so long as its not over factory specs....

My reply....Well if my cars runs out of warranty then the code comes up what can i do then considering mitshi are AWARE of the issue...

Hes reply: No warranty

So i went to my tuner, and asked if we would adjust the chain stretch percent to less so the code p00012 would pop up....where gona try after the clutch install and touch up tune is done,

By that stage i plan to have, the car in my name (on mitshi computers), the paper work proving that it has been fixed before under warranty (hopefully mega can email to me) and what the cause was, then go in to mitshi LOADED AND READY TO BLAST until it gets covered under warranty

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:55 pm

So i went to my tuner, and asked if we would adjust the chain stretch percent to less so the code p00012 would pop up

my thoughts too Scott :)
maybe hit mitsu with a bunch of p00012`s, lol

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm

I am 90% sure that the chain has stretch guide marks on it so if you fake a code in the ECU, when they go to perform the replacement they will discover the chain is fine.

http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/?p=3687

Read this site. Mitsubishi will visually check the chain and just wipe the code.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Return to “Evolution X Performance”