***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Denzza's Lancer RX 2.0 4B11T swap. **2015 UPDATE**

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

amongor
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby amongor » Thu May 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I am looking forward to this, Ill probably be following in your footsteps when Im closer to off my P plates.
2009 2.0L RX Manual - Evo X Style Bodykit + Wing - Volk CE28N's - Varis Front Carbon Lip - Custom Axle Back Exhaust - DBA T2 Rotors - EBC Greenstuff Pads - Tein S Tech Springs

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Thu May 30, 2013 1:00 pm

I dont understand why people bag on the sst, its faster than a manual and is going to be used more and more on new cars so get use to it people! Good luck dennza, I hope you dont have to many headaches!

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu May 30, 2013 1:42 pm

I have mixed feelings about the SST. On the one hand its good for quick and easy gear changes on spirited drives, the next gear is never more than a flick of the finger away.

But its take up is awful around town, when you really want to leap out of an intersection and would normally dump the clutch you can feel it slipping for ages.

Has anyone put a manual in a Ralliart I wonder? I guess you'd be better off just getting a 5sp Evolution.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

debonaire wrote:I have mixed feelings about the SST. On the one hand its good for quick and easy gear changes on spirited drives, the next gear is never more than a flick of the finger away. But its take up is awful around town, when you really want to leap out of an intersection and would normally dump the clutch you can feel it slipping for ages. Has anyone put a manual in a Ralliart I wonder? I guess youd be better off just getting a 5sp Evolution.

Just flashing the free GST base map solves that problem.

So does the S-Sport TCU flash, that really works.

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Good luck with this man :D
Looking forward to it

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 pm

SST is not silly. It will always beat your left hand and foot for the fastest shifts. And no Lancer of this generation, including the Evo, is offered with a 6-speed manual, so no go for me.

Does the NA have internal upgrades available? Because they might help especially if you want to run more boost.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm

ijustatecurry wrote:Hahahahaha! Totally picked this on the FB site before you put this up mate :P Im sure youve thought about this long and hard, and with the help of Adam and others on here Im sure youll enjoy the whole process. Good luck!

HAHA yeah :P Thanks man

CJVRX wrote:I got a spare fuel pressure reg if u want it, see with my build I didnt tell anyone till it was almost done so I didnt get all the (oh just get a RA) crap Def no need for a RA/EVO intake the plastic is still holding on mine 8 months on, and the heat of QLD summer just needed a oil cooler and it kept it cold enough even though I get a aftermarket bonnet just not on yet Need the MAP sensor either RA or EVO or you wont be able to measure boost. Need any imput just as
ijustatecurry wrote:Hahahahaha! Totally picked this on the FB site before you put this up mate :P Im sure youve thought about this long and hard, and with the help of Adam and others on here Im sure youll enjoy the whole process. Good luck!

Sweet :) Ill let you know! Yeah knowing my driving id probably need a oil cooler lol just to be safe! And btw, how does it go ? the POWER!!!
Hmm where did you purchase your MAP sensor ?k dude and Captin Beeble knows my ecu inside out too

TrojanHorse wrote:This of any help Denis? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EVO-X-4B11T- ... 3a819b58c1

Too expensive and i already got it :P
Thanks though

chunky9 wrote:Good luck with this man :D Looking forward to it

I CANT WAIT!!!!!
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Ive updated my list due to finding a really good deal on the following things :

Evo x turbo
Evo x Dump pipe
Evo x Front pipe
Evo x Bov+bov pipe
Evo x Air intake pipe
Evo x Stock boost solenoid
Evo x Actuator

So yes im going ahead with the whole EVO X setup :)
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |

TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

If he lowers the static CR with thicker head gasket he can run 15 psi without issues on stock internals.

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

denzza wrote:Ive updated my list due to finding a really good deal on the following things : Evo x turbo Evo x Dump pipe Evo x Front pipe Evo x Bov+bov pipe Evo x Air intake pipe Evo x Stock boost solenoid Evo x Actuator So yes im going ahead with the whole EVO X setup :)

You would need different wastegate actuator. The stock Evo X actuator is rated at around 14.5 psi, but opens sooner around 12 psi.

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Thu May 30, 2013 6:41 pm

In regards to a bov, you can get away with a metal OEM evo XI as well. I think a few mobs like Tomei and AMS do rebranded ones too - mite help you find something cheaper
All bleeding stops eventually!

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:05 pm

ijustatecurry wrote:In regards to a bov, you can get away with a metal OEM evo XI as well. I think a few mobs like Tomei and AMS do rebranded ones too - mite help you find something cheaper

Evo XI!!!!!?!??!

Return to “Evolution X Performance”