need help, all oils

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

need help, all oils

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

g,day as you know the clutch on my car is gone and it is going in for a major service.....Now i need advice on what oils

Gearbox - AMSOIL MTG SAE 75W-90 API GL4 (HOW MUCH)
Front Transfer case - AMSOIL SVG 75W-90 (HOW MUCH)
Rear Diff Oil- AMSOIL SVG 75w-90 (HOW MUCH)
Brake and Clutch Fluid- Motol RBF600 DOT 4 (HOW MUCH)
ACD Fluid -AMSOIL Auto Transmission Fluid (HOW MUCH)
AYC Fluid - AMSOIL ATF """""""""""""""" (HOW MUCH)

Now when i say HOW MUCH i mean how many litres do they take?

has anyone had any issues with the amsoil drivetrain fluids with their evo 10? I know MRT use Mobil 1 Drivetrain Fluids and do use ELF drivetrain fluids for the evo 10 but are on back order for the ELF fluids...I will be getting MRT to do the clutch, slave cyclinder, oil feed line and service, due their experience with the evo 10 clutch and drivetrain....I was able to get a fair price on what i want done because i was supplying them with pretty much everything minus the oils....I might end up supplying them with the oils, all they where doing is labour at the end of the day.....Now i have heard some people in Singapore putting in 75-140W oil in their diffs and t cases for the evo 10..Does anyone have any advice on this??

And for engine as you know i am having the issue with the turbo glowing which it could be oil feed line, Now since the oil is flowing through the turbo at HIGH TEMPS i think that 5-30W oil thins out too much on boost/heat...MRT said for daily to use 5-30W and for track 15-50W oil both Mobil 1....I think that 15-50 is too thick considering our engines have very tight tolerances would you say a 10-50W would be safe to use for the daily plus weekend warrior??/

And i need part numbers on the following items if someone can assist

OEM Oil Filter
OEM Gearbox Fill Plug Washer
OEM Gearbox Drain Plug Washer
OEM Transfer Case Fill Plug Washer
OEM Transfer case Drain Plug Washer
OEM Rear Diff Fill Plug Washer
OEM Rear Diff Drain Plug Washer
OEM Flywheel Bolts

please if you can guide and assist me, thank you and a HOW TO oil feed line, cmc, ACD and AYC fluids will be put up when my car is complete

thank you

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 pm

That would take someone a good chunk of time to compile and unless they have done the homework and allready have a list they would probably ask Mr Google anyway. I have SEEN some pretty bad results from running Mobil 1 and Elf..Elf especially...Have you looked at Royal Purple/Torco and believe it or not, Valvoline is a sensational oil. I've gone to Valvoline full synth since the day i picked my car up. I used to run Royal Purple and Torco previously but Royal Purple is just to expencive But yea...i agree...15/50 is not what i would run.
I'll have a look around and see if i have a copy of the independant oil review, its pretty surprising.
Cheer's

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh yeh and if your in Sydney, go to SAMS AUTO PARTS in Kingsgrove or Auburn, They are CHEAP and FAST i was able to get the exedy clutch kit off them for $670, Indy was $780, and other places where $1,100

But you need part numbers written down on paper CLEARLY, there is a very big language barriar

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 9:09 pm

evil.ralliart wrote:That would take someone a good chunk of time to compile and unless they have done the homework and allready have a list they would probably ask Mr Google anyway. I have SEEN some pretty bad results from running Mobil 1 and Elf..Elf especially...Have you looked at Royal Purple/Torco and believe it or not, Valvoline is a sensational oil. Ive gone to Valvoline full synth since the day i picked my car up. I used to run Royal Purple and Torco previously but Royal Purple is just to expencive But yea...i agree...15/50 is not what i would run. Ill have a look around and see if i have a copy of the independant oil review, its pretty surprising. Cheers

found the parts

http://forums.evolutionm.net/mitsubishi ... -list.html

but yeh i dont like mobil 1 and dont like oem....

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 9:11 pm

evil.ralliart wrote:That would take sd see if i have a copy of the independant oil review, its pretty surprising. Cheers

as apose for royal purple that stuff is OK so long as your temps dont get WARM...as soon as they get HOT i mean HOT the oil THINS out WAY TOO much and foams up and destroys your drivetrain....Heard too much bad stuff from royal purple in the evo community

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Gearbox - 2.5 litres approx
Front Transfer case - .8 litres approx
Rear Diff Oil- .5 litres approx
Brake and Clutch Fluid- 1 litre, depends on how a bleed is performed???
ACD Fluid - .6 litre approx
AYC Fluid - .6 litre approx

Torque Specs:

Manual transmission drain plug.................. 32±2
Transfer case drain plug............................. 32±2
Rear differential drain plug ......................... 49±10
Flywheel ..................................................... 40 then to 130 *
Oil filter ....................................................... 14±2
Oil pan bolt M6/M8 ..................................... 10±2/29±2
Oil drain plug .............................................. 39±5

OEM Oil Filter - MD356000 You didnt ask for a sump plug washer, probably a better idea as it's a crush washer, that part number is MD050317

For the plug washers, some of them are re-usable. Can I ask why you need all of these? MRT will be able to supply all of these

OEM Gearbox Fill Plug Washer MD000312
OEM Gearbox Drain Plug Washer MF660036
OEM Transfer Case Fill Plug Washer MF660036
OEM Transfer case Drain Plug Washer 3200A102
OEM Rear Diff Fill Plug Washer MD000312
OEM Rear Diff Drain Plug Washer MF660036
OEM Flywheel Bolts 1120A062
Dyno's

An invaluable tuning tool when used correctly
An invaluable sales tool when used incorrectly

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

McCoy wrote:Gearbox

thank you, id rather supply them with everything so i dont have to hear btw you need this washer etc.....i and i would rather have everything my self so i dont have to wait on parts just INCASE mrt or mitsi are out of stock,,,i dont want to hear it lol....I just wana hear, Come pick up your car....but what about the oils, i need your help on the oils..

Indy tuned another evo 10 and checked the exhaust area and NO glowing...we compared air fuel and ignition timing maps and very alike, so i think it could well be the oil feed line like you said...

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Tue May 07, 2013 9:56 pm

MRT would be fine with both parts and fluid levels, your Evo X isn't the only one they have ever serviced hehe, plus the parts you want will be standard fare, most of them are across all models.

Your amsoil fluids looks like it's heavily American forum influenced, why amsoil? Not disagreeing, just curious as to why.

Also, what engine oil are you currently using?
Dyno's

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

McCoy wrote:MRT would be fine with both parts and fluid levels, your Evo X isnt the only one they have ever serviced hehe, plus the parts you want will be standard fare, most of them are across all models. Your amsoil fluids looks like its heavily American forum influenced, why amsoil? Not disagreeing, just curious as to why. Also, what engine oil are you currently using?

well thats the thing man, there is mobil 1 in the drivetrain which i dont like and is THRASHED, 20K on the drivetrain fluids....i hear that mobil 1 is ok for our cars but not track use....I know mobil 1 engine oil is no longer full synthenic it is a group 3 oil as a pure syntheic oil is a group 4...i hear good stuff about AMSOIL.....What would your oil recomendations be for engine and drivetrain?

I am currently using ELF 5-40W oil in the engine...im thinking 10-40 or 10-50 for the engine...Gona also try the HKS thermostat to keep the oil temps down a bit it came in today....So then tell me what oil would you use for the drivetrain and engine for someone with my driving habits....im going NUTS pulling out my hair trying to find info about this...so much misleading crap on the net

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 pm

smoko time....bak in 20

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 pm

HKS oil thermostat? okay...

Go to autobahn and get yourself Penrite ten tenths, it's SN in spec and high in zinc, your engine will love you for it.

As for drivetrain, basically everything synthetic is the go. Castrol have a good range of synths for your car as do Motul and Penrite.

In our workshop we use Martini Racing, but I doubt you'll easily be able to find their fluids where you are.
Dyno's

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 10:29 pm

McCoy wrote:HKS oil thermostat? okay... Go to autobahn and get yourself Penrite ten tenths, its SN in spec and high in zinc, your engine will love you for it. As for drivetrain, basically everything synthetic is the go. Castrol have a good range of synths for your car as do Motul and Penrite. In our workshop we use Martini Racing, but I doubt youll easily be able to find their fluids where you are.

Yeh im a bit iffy about the thermostat..

Penrite engine oil it is ( what grade oil should i get)
In terms of drive train oils (gearbox, t case, rear diff) have the oils i have choses (AMSOIL a good choice)

martini fluids aye i might invest in a drum of that stuff once i get sorted out....

Ive decided once i get out of this RUT my car is in, im going to use it sensible until i come down to you and go all out with it man, probaly like 1-2years time relasticly, i want, engine, drivetrain, brake, suspension, aero done in the 1 lot....My goal is BALANCE with reliability...theres no point having a car that does 320+ when it cant stop, handle, and HOLD at 320, balance is everything when it comes to a car

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Tue May 07, 2013 11:06 pm

For what it's worth, AMSOIL is right up there in what you can use in my eyes.

Around the corner for my workshop is a place that specializes in oil testing , they rate AMSOIL very highly due to one thing, least amount of wear material. The amount of wear material produced with the premium AMSOIL engine oil by comparison of something like Motul 300V (which is their top shelf stuff, VERY expensive) it's the AMSOIL that comes out on top by a long way in regards to wear material. Most full synths will perform similarly to each other in regards to temps etc, fuel used does play a part in that though, what I'd recommend for a car on E85 isn't the same as 98 per say.

Nothing wrong with AMSOIL, it's just hard to find and very american forum influenced, thats all.
Dyno's

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 pm

McCoy wrote:For what its worth, AMSOIL is right up there in what you can use in my eyes. Around the corner for my workshop is a place that specializes in oil testing , they rate AMSOIL very highly due to one thing, least amount of wear material. The amount of wear material produced with the premium AMSOIL engine oil by comparison of something like Motul 300V (which is their top shelf stuff, VERY expensive) its the AMSOIL that comes out on top by a long way in regards to wear material. Most full synths will perform similarly to each other in regards to temps etc, fuel used does play a part in that though, what Id recommend for a car on E85 isnt the same as 98 per say. Nothing wrong with AMSOIL, its just hard to find and very american forum influenced, thats all.

hmm intresting input, yeh will amsoil will be going in for the gearbox, t case, diff....probs stick with OEM AYC/AWC and ACD fluids, i know they should never have to be changed unless the box is coming out (my one is)...I think ill stick to the OEM fluids for those ones becuase id rather not mix them if they have not had an issue...

Ill go for penrite 5-40W oil and see how that goes

I had someone tell me to use 10-60 or 10-70 on my car......

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Jesus, I'm not sure why people are all over 60 at the moment, it's not like you are doing a bathurst 12hr during the middle of summer.

40 will be fine, don't worry about the winter viscosity, it wont matter if it's 0/5/10 just get a 40 and all will be good in the world.
Dyno's

Return to “Evolution X Performance”