***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

EvoX 800hp (the engine)

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Frosty
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frosty » Sun May 05, 2013 12:44 am

I'm voluntarily removing myself from this thread before I speak my mind - no one let me back in here.. >.<
2.0L - K&N Typhoon SRI - High-Flow Exhaust System - Merlinised

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 am

Frosty wrote:Im voluntarily removing myself from this thread before I speak my mind - no one let me back in here.. >.<

Wait for meeeeee !!
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun May 05, 2013 8:10 pm

PedjaEvo wrote:Its more I want the car to be one of a kind and on the same hand reliable which is gonna be impossible in most cases.

Paint it pink then.

Buying a Japanese car and talking in horsepower is already doing it wrong.

800hp and reliability also shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Anybody who actually knows evo X's will think you're stupid when you tell them '800hp' because they'll know you're either lying, or you've spent a ridiculous amount of money that could have been much more wisely and efficiently invested in a different car.

The only reason you would want that kind of power in an evo X on public roads would be for bragging rights, but bragging rights is pointless if you don't get the respect of people who actually know what they're talking about (its pointless in the first place actually).

Or, if I'm misunderstanding and you're just looking at an extreme project car and happen to have a lot of money, it would still make much more sense to go with something that'll be cheaper. Supras have been mentioned. Theres also no reason it'd need to be road legal.

You need to have a reason for the power figure, a reason for the car choice, and a reason for the budget, otherwise you're just being a tool flaunting their money.

amongor
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby amongor » Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Cant tell if serious or trolling...

No one sets out looking for hp figures when building a car (unless your from Hennessey and your building the new Venom GT...). You choose your car (hopefully with a purpose besides power figures in mind!) and make it as good as you can. You've already had Adam and Daniel give you their input and if you read through Beeble's build thread and familiarise yourself with RTR you'll see that they know more than anybody else on here (or damn near the country) on building evo x's.

Take their advice, with their help Im sure you'll be able to build a great evo, but if you want to actually be able to drive it on the road (im not even talking as a daily here...), you'll have to stop kidding yourself with those numbers because Adam is completely right, look at his build thread and you'll see when you do this kind of build that SHIT BREAKS.

I do understand where your coming from, Im only a year into my P's and I cant wait until the day I get off them because Im not going to let myself buy any other car except an Evo X, and lets be honest, Im going to go to town modding it. But be reasonable, and listen to the guys who actually have the experience in doing exactly the same thing you want to do.
2009 2.0L RX Manual - Evo X Style Bodykit + Wing - Volk CE28N's - Varis Front Carbon Lip - Custom Axle Back Exhaust - DBA T2 Rotors - EBC Greenstuff Pads - Tein S Tech Springs

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 am

PedjaEvo wrote:You dont even know me.

I think that's the problem dude... but from what you have said... your still on your p's, your cashed up, you have little experience with turbo'd cars and your planning on building a crazy EVO X with the intention of driving it on the street... IMO is sounds like an expensive accident waiting to happen... that said if you make a post like you have on an online forum you should expect people to speak their mind. Doesn't mean you should leave the forum because people have their doubts on whether you are being genuine.. I honestly believe you intend to buy an evo and try and make 600-800hp, but whether or not it will actually happen is another thing. no offense but from seeing some of the things you have already posted I think you need a lot more experience before attempting a build like this. :)
Last edited by BUZZ_QWERTY on Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 am

How have you been in 50 evo x's? I didnt even know we had 50 in aus let alone one state :P

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Mon May 06, 2013 12:50 pm

vermilioN wrote:How have you been in 50 evo xs? I didnt even know we had 50 in aus let alone one state :P

Pretty sure there would be a lot more than 50 in Aus...theres probably nearly that much for sale on carsales lol

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm

I can't believe the reaction of some people here. Its Pedja's money and dream to build that car, so as a community, we should be happy for him. Yes, we all have our own feelings and thoughts about it (i personally don't see the point of 800HP), but in the end its up to him. We shouldn't force our views on to him and change his mind.

Seriously.. if people are not agreeing with this project, then don't bloody comment. Simple... Yes its a forum and shitty comments like this do happen, so don't take it too personal Pedja. If you do pull it off in the end, then you have proven them wrong and have the satisfaction of achieving it.

Gees...
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 pm

cmon on guys

but seriously look forward to build thread when it happens!!
and give dan a call wealth of knowledge!

ps. i once drove 50 evo x's at the same time

Return to “Evolution X Performance”