***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

evo x glowing exhaust mainfold

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Beeble wrote:[img:5c228f0b86]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/20130404170245_stockmaps.jpg[/img:5c228f0b86]

legend, any other maps i could show to indy that he would understand??

thanks heaps Beeble

Rogevo25
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Rogevo25 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Not sure how you can see the manifold and turbo glowing when it is fully enclosed by the stock heat shield.
I sure hope you did not remove the heat shield as the wire harness is just behind the strut bar.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-gene ... -fire.html
CBRD BBX Full/AMS IC/Injen Intake & UICP/DW 1000cc Injectors/DW 65C Fuel Pump/HKS Legalmax Catback/Ecutek Tuned/KW Clubsport/Cusco Rear Strut & F/R Sway Bars/Whiteline RCA/Rota Grids/Defi Fuel,Boost, Oil Temp/Pressre Gauges & AEM AFR/Blitz I-Colour BC & SST Temp Gauge/FQ 400 Bonnet, Rear Bumper & VG/Varis Side Skirt

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:02 pm

He said in his first post it was night time.

Rogevo25
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Rogevo25 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Dire wrote:He said in his first post it was night time.

:lolhit: my bad....

i will check mine tonight to see if it glows too....

as always an AFR gauge is your best insurance against running too lean
CBRD BBX Full/AMS IC/Injen Intake & UICP/DW 1000cc Injectors/DW 65C Fuel Pump/HKS Legalmax Catback/Ecutek Tuned/KW Clubsport/Cusco Rear Strut & F/R Sway Bars/Whiteline RCA/Rota Grids/Defi Fuel,Boost, Oil Temp/Pressre Gauges & AEM AFR/Blitz I-Colour BC & SST Temp Gauge/FQ 400 Bonnet, Rear Bumper & VG/Varis Side Skirt

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

update

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

We put a 100cell cat on finally.....It was running lean with the new cat, Lucky i did not drive it until i got it to Indy....We re-tuned it....At the shop it was still glowing a bit....Took it for a test run tonight...And guess what .....Still glows...I have kind of given up on it glowing...Even my mates s13 turbo was glowing..Im not convinced that this is not going to cause me any issues, because i have now had this thing glow at some crazy temps and for a pretty long time... nothing has happened...I now have 2 stage boost tune wich im happy about, Low boost and High Boost

Low Boost is peak 19psi taper down to 15psi 194kw 415NM
High Boost is peak 21-22psi taper down to 19psi 204kw 420NM

Might i say this 100cell cat is music to my ears at WOT and backing off, Sounds like my car screaming loud and angry and gunshots when backing off, might it say it does shoot some flames after heat gets into it...My friend said the sound was sending shivers down hes spine LOL...

Well my next mods to help with cooling are going to be

HKS Oil thermostat
MAP High Flow Oil Feed Line
JUN Exhaust Manifold Ceramic Coated
HKS or Tomie Down Pipe or external wastegate (still deciding)
Straight Piping exhaust all the way through
HKS Aquator
ATP Compressor Outlet
Cobb hard Pipes
Monster Exhaust manifold heat shield titanium

See if that helps....

But before we do that im doing:

ACT Flywheel 12lbs
ACT 6 Puck Ceramic Clutch Brass button sprung hub
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
MAP Master Slave Cylinder RHD

i have a feeling the clutch is soon due (at least the way i drive)

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Why would a high flow cat make it run lean? The cat is nothing to do with a/f ratios

Maybe you should try a new tuner to see if they can sort out the glowing manifold because it doesn't seem like this guy knows what he is doing with it especially if it keeps running lean. After all I'm sure you don't want to blow up your engine because of it
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm

zedd82 wrote:Why would a high flow cat make it run lean? The cat is nothing to do with a/f ratios Maybe you should try a new tuner to see if they can sort out the glowing manifold because it doesnt seem like this guy knows what he is doing with it especially if it keeps running lean. After all Im sure you dont want to blow up your engine because of it

no no u got it wrong....We tuned the car with a 200cell cat on there...the air fuel where nice and rich....I upgraded to a 100cell cat in hoping to reduce back pressure and help stop the glowing....Now when i put the 100cell cat on the tune was all over the place...with the 200cell on it was nice and rich, after putting the 100cell cat on With a tune for a 200cell it was running lean...We re tuned it acordingly and is running healthy rich at WOT about 10.9A/F

I have spoken to a few shops regarding this issue and have not seem to found a GOOD answer about the glow.

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm

I agree with andrew, I think you would be better off getting a tune from a renowned tuner who works with the 4b11 often or get a remote tune from beeble or someone from the states. Better be safe than sorry.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Hoges wrote:Good luck with that clutch on the street
Hoges wrote:Good luck with that clutch on the street

Ive driven my mates evo 8MR with the same clutch package and might i say, I love it, that is how a clutch should be when driving, the first 1000km he said was a PITA but after the clutch bedded in it was much easier to drive and if you have really good precise clutch feeling it is actualy easy to drive...

my evo is not a daily, it only ever gets driven late late at night or freeway crusing....My car rarley see's sydneys traffic, mabey only once every 2 weeks lol

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Does your mates EVO 8 MR exhaust manifold glow?

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 pm

scott_drake wrote:[quote:52c18bbe45=zedd82]Why would a high flow cat make it run lean? The cat is nothing to do with a/f ratios Maybe you should try a new tuner to see if they can sort out the glowing manifold because it doesnt seem like this guy knows what he is doing with it especially if it keeps running lean. After all Im sure you dont want to blow up your engine because of it[/quote:52c18bbe45] no no u got it wrong....We tuned the car with a 200cell cat on there...the air fuel where nice and rich....I upgraded to a 100cell cat in hoping to reduce back pressure and help stop the glowing....Now when i put the 100cell cat on the tune was all over the place...with the 200cell on it was nice and rich, after putting the 100cell cat on With a tune for a 200cell it was running lean...We re tuned it acordingly and is running healthy rich at WOT about 10.9A/F I have spoken to a few shops regarding this issue and have not seem to found a GOOD answer about the glow.

The cat has nothing to do with the a/f ratio. It shouldn't matter what cat you put on it won't affect the a/f. You could put the stock cat back in or get rid of the cat all together and your a/f will stay the same.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 pm

zedd82 wrote:Why would a high flow cat make it run lean? The cat is nothing to do with a/f ratios Maybe you should try a new tuner to see if they can sort out the glowing manifold because it doesnt seem like this guy knows what he is doing with it especially if it keeps running lean. After all Im sure you dont want to blow up your engine because of it

it was running rich with the 200cell when we put the 100cell on it was running lean...ill put money down that changing the flow of your cat will make your a/f different.....any performance shop will tell you that

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:11 pm

rokpapaziz wrote:Does your mates EVO 8 MR exhaust manifold glow?

half of hes exhaust used to glow orange....past the cat converter...once he went straight piping all the way through problem solved

Return to “Evolution X Performance”