The time has come

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

The time has come

Postby MittyTitty » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Hey guys finally after months of research and forum scrounging the time has come to mod my evo :D YAY!!

I have purchased a couple of mods from Canada/USA which i am crazy keen to get put in. they should arrive within a fort night

Also some unfortunate news my clutch blew and i went into a massive warranty battle with Mitsubishi. Eventually i came out on top and they decided to install the new clutch for free. They are also not going an OEM clutch they will be installing an after market clutch the same spec used with the TMR guys so im quite keen.

Anywho my mod list is as follows

ETS V2 Cat back exhaust
ETS High flow cat
Ultimate Racing Dump Pipe
ETS Intake
ETS UICP
ETS LICP
ETS 3.5in FMIC
grimmspeed 3 port ebcs
AEM Wideband AFR/Boost gauges

I am hoping to churn some nice numbers out of these bad boys :D Still how ever looking for a tuner i do refuse to go to mercury i think 2k is a bit steep for a simple tune so i have another fortnight to search. this is of course mearly an update so you guys know where im up to.

Stoj

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Ya 2k is better spent on a bigger turbo!!! or saved in the bank....

Drop Beeble a line if you want some tuning help/basemaps/an awesome car. You'll not only get a tune but you'll pick up the jist of whats involved in tuning so you'll be able to make tweaks/try things yourself down the road.

Only thing you'd need/borrow is a tactrix cable to log/flash maps

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Glenn wrote:Ya 2k is better spent on a bigger turbo!!! or saved in the bank.... Drop Beeble a line if you want some tuning help/basemaps/an awesome car. Youll not only get a tune but youll pick up the jist of whats involved in tuning so youll be able to make tweaks/try things yourself down the road. Only thing youd need/borrow is a tactrix cable to log/flash maps

Ill be grabbing a bigger turbo down the road :D I just want a few of the supporting mods up. Im just wondering what kind of power i may be getting out of this. The american dynos seem to really vary makes it hard to get an accurate number

Oh thanks man ill hit him up. Hes pretty experienced hey? Ok thanks for the advice ill PM him

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

ears were burning...
nice mods :)
and congrats on your warranty battle win!

stock 5MT evo dynos at ~170kw atw for a 2011/2012
with those mods I'd expect something like 225kw and a truckload more midrange

(and yes you'd have a LOT of change from $2000 )

my advice - if you're even remotely interested in tuning and tweaking, bite the bullet, spend $200 on a tactrix openport 2.0 cable, get a cable to plug your AEM wideband into your laptop. for the small outlay now, you'll be able to DIY it to a large extent once you're set up.
and if you ever put on a turbo etc, you've got everything you need to get it tuned again.
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:40 pm

^^^
Hey Adam man thanks for the info.

Man ill tell you Mitsubishi did not go down with out a fight it was a good 5 week battle and they wanted to charge be close to 5 grand for a clutch i told them to shove it haha

i have always wanted to dip into the world of tuning tho... i have always been worried i may screw something up having near no experience with the stuff. How quickly did you manage to pick up how to do it? I guess ill have to do some forum surfing and read up on it more cause i have never really considered i could do something like that

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 pm

hey stoj what was the reason why they didn't want to give you warranty ?

and how did the clutch blow up on you ?

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:55 pm

how long to pick it up?? years!

but a lot of guys like myself will set you up with good maps, tune the car for you and explain what they are changing, and why they are doing it.
so a bunch of people (if they are interested) learn enough through a remote tuning process to be able to make simple tweaks themself.
we all started somewhere after all :)

tuning i do ranges from me doing absolutely everything, to having guys just send me their tunes and datalogs for me to look at and tweak if i see something i feel can be improved upon. that's exactly how i learned aswell.... doing a bit myself, having someone experienced critique my work.... it's money well spent!

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:56 am

whitenight wrote:hey stoj what was the reason why they didnt want to give you warranty ? and how did the clutch blow up on you ?

Ken you know how mitty can be with their warranty :( They tried to palm it off as a Wear and tear thing and i said there is not a chance with the way i was driving my car for the clutch to wear out at 7000km So they did a couple of tests then decided to fix it thank god cause i was not up for paying for a clutch so early in the cars life

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 am

Beeble wrote:how long to pick it up?? years! but a lot of guys like myself will set you up with good maps, tune the car for you and explain what they are changing, and why they are doing it. so a bunch of people (if they are interested) learn enough through a remote tuning process to be able to make simple tweaks themself. we all started somewhere after all :) tuning i do ranges from me doing absolutely everything, to having guys just send me their tunes and datalogs for me to look at and tweak if i see something i feel can be improved upon. thats exactly how i learned aswell.... doing a bit myself, having someone experienced critique my work.... its money well spent!

Adam thats sounds awesome :D Ok i am going to look into this for sure so basically im going to hook up my car to my laptop and download some form of rom drive? is that where all of the data logs will be.

Ok before i keep blabbing i will actually learn a little bit about it then ill msg back i think it will be fun and it will be useful knowledge to know something like this

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 am

you datalog directly on to your laptop
the only thing stored on the car is the tune itself

Return to “Evolution X Performance”