Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Lost the battle must mod EVO!!

Postby MittyTitty » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Hey guys :D

God i hope im posting this in the right section :S

My Evo X GSR has had a good run its now on 3000km and i can no longer fight it I MUST MOD THE EVO!!!

My thoughts so far are a turbo back exhaust, Intake, and tune (i have seen some nice gains with these mods). Are there any other mods that might might provide a great $$$ to power ratio that you guys can recommend???

i am hoping for 300+whp

I live in Brisbane and would prefer to go get my car tuned in my area but if there are some respectable tuners out of QLD i will be willing to travel. I cant explain how important it is to me to find a good tuner. Someone i can trust my baby with i dont want to see her die young :(

I want to thank you guys in advance be kind on me if there is already a post like this im a complete forum noob haha

Cheers guys
Stoj

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:04 am

There's a guy called "whitenight" on these forums.
He knows all about mods, tho he likes to call them "accessories".
He can help you.... ;)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 am

VRX_Pete wrote:Theres a guy called whitenight on these forums. He knows all about mods, tho he likes to call them accessories. He can help you.... ;)

Whiteknight hey i think i have seen im around in the forums his name is Ken right? when i make up 20 posts ill send him a PM haha thanks for the tip

CJVRX wrote:There is a couple places that are good for tunes, Bob Romano over in Morningside is good specializes in WRX but does EVO too has a 4 wheel Dyno, and APC in underwood are ment to be good too

Thanks Daniel i have actually driven past APC a couple of times and never really taken notice of it thanks a lot for the reply i will give them a call in the morning and see what they can do for me :D

If there are any other suggestions throw them my way

thanks guys

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:07 am

You can also check out Mercury Motorsports and Neil Lowe.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:57 am

a free flow exhaust and a good tune is your best bang for buck, after that it starts getting expensive, like a better turbocharger, ect.

neil lowe is no longer operating. and theres mixed revues on mercury.

we can talk about it on sunday stoj if u wish or the day before @ the workshop day, lotsa modders there.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

cammag5
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cammag5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:16 am

If you live on the northside go talk to RPM at morayfield

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 am

my favorite mod on my gsr although not a power mod, is still my twm short shifter with full replacement cage.. heavenly.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:55 am

hey adam, 86mim has just moved to t/ville, lovely lady, an ol` ccj er and always willing to help, good cruise organiser too :)
catch her up maybe?
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:09 am

I achieved the results your looking for in my MR with the following

Turbo XS TBE
3 Port Boost controler
Drop in Air Filter
Tune

Your 2012 ECU may hold you back a little on this if it hasnt been cracked yet... I had the same problem on my 2010.

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Yeah sleeper that's true we can discuss this weekend. When I meet up with you guys haha

@ ninjured what kind of results do you get from the short shifter does it get rid of that notchy as hell feeling haha

So slash are our ecu's different from each other? I had no idea so my 2012 model might be different to tune then lets say a 2010 model Mmm I must read up more before I start tuning

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:53 pm

@cammag5 I'm a southsider but I don't mind a bit of a drive :D thanks for the tip I'll look into then

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:41 pm

MittyTitty wrote:@ ninjured what kind of results do you get from the short shifter does it get rid of that notchy as hell feeling haha

sure did was the only reason i got it in hope of smoother shifting. the first shift of the day is a bit notchy but after that its like butter. ive heard mixed reports from people though, not sure if they the full replacement cage as well. but for me its 99% better.

MittyTitty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MittyTitty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm

ninjured wrote:[quote:2364dc5bd1=MittyTitty]@ ninjured what kind of results do you get from the short shifter does it get rid of that notchy as hell feeling haha [/quote:2364dc5bd1] sure did was the only reason i got it in hope of smoother shifting. the first shift of the day is a bit notchy but after that its like butter. ive heard mixed reports from people though, not sure if they the full replacement cage as well. but for me its 99% better.

Shit was this easy to install?? Ill look around to see where to purchase this godly upgrade :)

Return to “Evolution X Performance”