Postby sleeper » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 am

yeah, they have to test out the sst.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Twatty
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Twatty » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 am

No matter what, its a very ****ing fast car YEEEE HAAAAAA the TWATTY is alive and kicking ARSE
leave the techno to the pros at CREATD you just drive and see the power they CREATD AWESOME LADS THAAAANKS :) :) :) :) :)

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:25 am

Creatd was data logging all weekend.

Like i said in many of my other posts the weekend was all about testing the SST. SST held up good and the car ran a 125mph pass and still has plenty left in it. It was a shame the rain arrived.

The car should be back out in a few weeks and will see how it goes then.
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 am

Yep with LC and that sort of MPH it should go 10s provided the gearbox plays nice ... and i think it will be the first MR in the world to do so?

I'm guessing they were simply planting the throttle and taking off, which while reasonably quick anyways can not compete with even a half decent launch on a 5MT... it really bogs down.
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah Adam if it cracks the 10 it will be the first in the world to do it.

ClubSpec Custom Designs

ripflare10
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ripflare10 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Congrats Sal! Really awesome to see it in action on the weekend

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am

I know we're all excited about this evo - much respect and I wish I owned one just like it :D, but I think we need to tone down the "first in the world" stuff a bit - the world is a big place :)

When you top these guys off, then start talking like Jeremy Clarkson (ie "in the world :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTG4mca2d7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=M1ahgumanWM
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:51 am

I think the main difference here as far as I can see is that both those evos that you've posted david are manuals.

I think the clear difference here which makes Sals car the fastest, or one of the fastest is the fact that it is the SST. Manuals have been known to be able to make more power and be able to launch n all that sort of stuff however a lot more work has to go into making the SST be able to stand up to the sort of punishment that throwning nearly 400kw through it will do it.

Another thing is, the title says its Australias fastest evo, not the worlds. Quite potentially it could get there however this is one of the most worked evos in australia.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm more impressed the SST holds up so well- I must've had a bit of a lemon in mine :( Congrats though! Epic result!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:53 pm

No Jace.. you had a MRT tune! :P

and Didnt Willall crack 10.9? or was that a 5MT?

Either way.. its an awesome setup.. Much be hell of a lot of fun to drive! :)

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Will all was a manual. The fastest SST in the world is 11.09 127 mph. That car was a fully gutted car. Sals car was driven to the track in full street trim. and ran 11.7 125mph and boost was turned down.

It's a fun car on the street slash, Sal took me for a drive and my guts.... Sound awesome and tuff on the street.

ClubSpec Custom Designs

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Pardon the multiple postings but there are simply too many threads this post is applicable to:

PRESTON MOTORS RALLIART wrote:This is the dyno graph prior to Creatd pulling the gearbox apart o find out why it was slipping and not holding power. You can clearly see how much clutch slip there is and still made 395kw atw. The clutches were SSP 500 Clutches and were only 1000km old and you can clearly see how much wearvthey have. Now wonder why Sal is so upset that they didnt do there job. Creatd is awaiting some new clutches of a different make to arrive and we should see twatty make well over 400kw atw the wheels when its all sorted. Cant wait.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

^^ I wrote some stuff in Twatty's thread, and this will be hard for some people to swallow so i apologise if i offend anyone... but that mess is avoidable. That massive torque dump isn't slipping, it's the clutches opening and then trying to grip again IMO.
The car obviously makes good power. you DO need to control the torque spike to some extent on the SSTs. it's just an unfortunate fact of life.

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 pm

first off amazing setup(s) Adam. I've been reading a bunch of your build threads on other forums etc.

In the other thread on here you mention that the SSP discs should be up to the job for that kinda power since a few others run them on similar setups etc from what ive been thinking and what it seems your mentioning here is that the torque spikes are what's hurting our sst's and not the big hp numbers.

I've seen some dyno graphs including some of yours of high 400/500hp MR's and it looks like even though they are capable of massive torque, they "detune" and run with a flat torque curve somewhere in the mid/high 300's and still end up with a 500+ hp car.

I've also read/been told that the stock clutches are able to run/sustain mid to high 300 tq so i cant quite wrap my head around why the need to upgrade if your only going to cap things to the lower tq?
Is it because at 500hp your putting 350tq on them for for a lot longer and at much higher rpm which = more wear/temps and since a 300hp car might only see 350tq at peak boost and at 300hp/7k torque is 245tq?

So a stock disc might not slip at 350tq @ 4k but at 350tq @ 7k it will and some how the upgraded discs can hold 350tq at 7k?

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah sort of Glen.
there seems to be some sort of "torque monitor" for want of a better phrase - there are points around 4500, 5500 and 7000 that seem to trigger "letting go" problems.
While we can do things to trick the car at the ecu level, myself and a few others are becoming increasingly convinced there is some kind of direct measurement going on at a gearbox level (ie the TCU) that we are yet to be able to overcome fully. The Nissan GTR guys have done it; so we should be able to one of these days...

Most of these upgraded clutches have more surface area and probably slightly better friction material (although this is debatable) but the fact remains that if you go over about 400wtq at any point they will let go - and this i believe has very little to do with the clutches and a lot to do with the programming. we can fudge it a bit with tuning to increase this limit but it's still very much there, and in extreme cases you see dyno sheets like Twatty's posted above, where the TCU says "Homie don't play dat game" and dumps torque to protect the SST.
Why upgrade? well again it's debatable but my feeling is you DO get better holding capacity at higher torque levels when tuned correctly, and having more surface area makes you that bit less prone to slippage. slippage = heat and when that happens it's all over.
That said, I've done more than a handful of cars now easily into the 300kw teriitory on totally stock SSTs and they seem to be ok so far. with torque limiting tunes though.

So yes, broadly speaking the tactic is to keep a lid on the torque to some extent and get power as best you can. There's a lot of more complicated things you have to do to improve clutch pressure and partially defeat those "torque limits" but that's the essence of it.

Twatty's car is no exception, on a 2.2 his turbo spools right before the first "danger zone" and you can see it dumps torque bigtime. I've played with a few cars with almost his exact same setup and run into similar issues. There are boost limits, load limits and a few other things that must be manipulated to keep the ecu side happy, so it doesn't send a GTFO message to the SST's TCU. That stuff we can do. But at some point we come up against a theoretical, but most likely real, TCU limit which is probably why you see a bunch of dyno plots of 500hp+ cars with tabletop tq plots and dead straight power graphs that look more like a supercharger, instead of the usual peaked turbo curves

Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!

http://BeebleTune.com

Return to “Evolution X Performance”