***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Turbo for ZG Outlander?

CJ Lancer Turbo Performance Modifications & Information.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

thepohthatfellasleep
INACTIVE Member Account

Turbo for ZG Outlander?

Postby thepohthatfellasleep » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:23 am

Hi all! I am know that this is the wrong forum to post about an outlander but, i understand that they have the same engine. Just want to know if there are any turbo kits out there for a cj lancer that would fit into the 2.4l outlander CVT and how much it would cost? My plan: lower, new sway bars and make it a track going 4wd that can be used on normal roads too and because it is a 4wd, i am guessing less understeer? What do you think?

thepohthatfellasleep
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby thepohthatfellasleep » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:25 am

also, what kind of other modifications would I have to do to my car apart from those that are needed for the turbo? ie brakes?

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:18 am

it'd be quite a hefty exercise and comes down to how much you're willing to spend.

a turbo kit in itself is $4k not inc. installation (with turbine, intercooler, piping, etc). after installation, you'd need the backend to support it (ECU upgrades, tuning, fuel injection, fuel supply, brakes, etc).

that's just off the top of my head. I don't know how the Outlander engine bay is setup, so that'd be a whole other thing to consider as well. with each upgrade, others will follow. (i.e. bigger brakes may mean new wheels...)

if you are interested, RPW is selling a stock turbo kit from a Ralliart Lancer. Link
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:30 am

Yes there is a turbo kit available for Lancers. I believe it is about $4500.They are from Road race Motorsport. Here is a link to a thread on Turbo Lancer

I think one of the biggest issues is the CVT. It may not be able to handle the power so may need to be upgraded. There are CVT available for more powered cars.

The brakes can be easily upgraded. Cheapest option is fitting RA or V6 Outlander front brakes and good pads all round but if you seriously want to track the car then a Brembo or similar upgrade is necessary. These are over $4000.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:42 am

One of the Outlanders was supercharged and it was a SST set up. It was either the 6B31 or 4B12 version. However yes it can have a turbo set up as there are growing numbers of Evo and RA owners outside AU that are swapping to the 4B12 with their turbo set ups. For some reason they have found the larger 2.4 to be stronger over the 2.0 and takes forced induction very well

omg
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby omg » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm

2.4 litre over the 2L? where are you hearing this? There is no evidence of the gains of having a 2.4 over a 2L, even if so, I'm sure Mitsu kept the Evo with a 2L for a good reason...?

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:39 pm

I guessing the Evo has the 2.0l for rally/race reasons (rules state for a 2l unit or something like that)?? The 4B11T is different to a normal 4B11; people that have been placing turbo's on a standard 4B11 have found they are blowing their engines quicker.

Not all manufacturers put their largest capacity engines into their halo cars.

Return to “2008+ Turbo Performance”