***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

na turbo kit feedback??

CJ Lancer Turbo Performance Modifications & Information.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 pm

matchstick wrote:Under-Hood Temp's: I habitually turn my digital dial to monitor the temp's because Rob told me i should be wary in case the temp shoots' up or anything. Even with the AC on in traffic on a hot day my meter has YET to go more than halfway through the temp range in the digital guage. In case that confused someone take a look at the digital read-out for your car's temperature.....The filled area never goes past the halfway point. at all. Some may remember im currently looking for a hood but thankfully the temp's are not so hot that it necessitates a need for a more effecient hood.

Isn't that water temp?

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

LanSIR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby LanSIR » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:07 am

What I want to know is , when one go up to 5000-6000 rpm slowly (without trying to boost) . Will the turbo still spool ? And if you drive a long distance on that kind of revs - is the turbo boosting all the way ?
Yeah , will make avatar smaller - but is it necessary ?
The image in my mirror seems to be losing.

Clone
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Clone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:50 am

For your info, LanSIR's avatar is the chinese word meaning "marijuana".

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:22 am

Even though I dont have turbo, I did find something else out about adding turbo to the NA Lancer many are starting to find elsewhere: the 2.0 likes to blow its engine. If you are going to add turbo, look at how its done on the Ralliarts and Evo's first.

Also found out the 2.4 takes to turbo like a duck takes to water. There are Ralliart and Evo owners outside AU that have swapped out their 2.0 engines for the 2.4 versions.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:54 am

tjoz wrote:Even though I dont have turbo, I did find something else out about adding turbo to the NA Lancer many are starting to find elsewhere: the 2.0 likes to blow its engine. If you are going to add turbo, look at how its done on the Ralliarts and Evo's first.

Also found out the 2.4 takes to turbo like a duck takes to water. There are Ralliart and Evo owners outside AU that have swapped out their 2.0 engines for the 2.4 versions.

with that being said i would of thought it would be the other way. as the 2.0 would have thicker internal walls. to the 2.4 as they are the same engine but the 2.4 has bigger bore and stroke. but i guess they may have strengthened the 2.4 because of its thinner internals.

and on the 5000revs part you turbo will always spool it pretty much as to by the way they are connected, it just wont boost (so to speak it still will a small amount)

LanSIR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby LanSIR » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:32 pm

So it looks like it would be better to make the 2.0 just breathe better, slap a pulley on and re-flash ECU - maybe hold out a year or two longer and see what R&D can come up with on the 4B11. Or only other option : forge internals and go for the turbo. Man , if only the Evo was released here , I would deff trade my GLS in.

Blakey - will it boost half of psi then if taken slowly to high revs? I am asking this cause I cant find something on this on the net. Did find how turbo function etc. but nothing on the picking up to high revs, slowly and the amount of boost on long distance with constant high revs.

May Jah be with U - clone. Need to go smoke somethin.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Dont know if you have owned a turbo before, but if you drive it like a granny you wont boost much...

By design as you get higher in REV range it will produce boost whether you want it or not, but if you keep it under 3-4k and don't flat foot it you should be off boost.

The turbo will be spooling though, you cant stop that.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Clone
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Clone » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:17 am

Can't you import an EVO, LanSIR?

Thanks, but I prefer something stronger. HeHeHe

LanSIR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby LanSIR » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:47 am

Would love to import an Evo , but foreign exchange not leaning my way! But don't make a mistake - this GLS I got is allready growing on me.. like weed - hé

Clone
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Clone » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 am

LanSIR wrote:Would love to import an Evo , but foreign exchange not leaning my way! But don't make a mistake - this GLS I got is allready growing on me.. like weed - hé

I totally understand what you mean. I guess good luck with your turbo.

sebastiandivita
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby sebastiandivita » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

TURBO! this is a great idea. Get some more umph out of the NA. Hopefully it's a good move ! Im currently thinking of doing the exact samething.
SEBZ ;)
instagram: Darthsebious_photography

Return to “2008+ Turbo Performance”