***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

XtremeBoost Garrett Turbo Kit for CJ 4B11 and 4B12

CJ Lancer Turbo Performance Modifications & Information.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:34 pm

parralegend wrote:so maverick are you saying your going to just flow through a corner without accelerating?

When did I ever say that? U NEVER EVER ACCELERATE INTO A CORNER!!! This isnt need for speed. U get into the corner, brake at the apex and then accelerate out. If u do accelerate into a corner u will either find urself on the grass or in the wall (which ever comes first).

Weight loss, tuning

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm

With just a turbo kit, the lancer wont beat an evo X. to make it beat an evo X u will need a turbo, tuning, brakes, sway bars, coil overs, intake, exhaust etc. Though its still cheaper than a stock evo X.

Past: Nissan Xtrail 2.5

Current: Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0

Weight loss, tuning

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:38 pm

i want those Brembo look alike covers also :P
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:03 pm

@parrlegend: M@V is spot on on this. What nut accelerates into a corner??? for the love of god... if you want some respect around here, please learn to drive first. hell, at least get your P plate done with first, second, get some PROPER track time and learn from real world experience. maybe then people will take you seriously... I understand you're young, got plenty of hormones to beat people at traffic lights, but jeez... do some research on the subject. this isn't about whose the fastest in the world...

@bobby: welcome back mate! glad you like my covers... :D haha... they're real "covers" though... :lol

here's the progress as of 5 mins...

started with the rears first. taking the paint off is a bitch. Might post a guide up for anyone interested in painting their stock calipers? All you would have to do with those, is clean them, sand, and paint. if I get enough interest I'll put up a short something something?
Mah Ride: 2006 Hyundai Getz + 08 Lancer Bodykit

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:12 pm

looking good mate... I think u missed a spot though :P

How did u take a pic while both bands are doing something???

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:21 pm

yeah, lots of spots :P

it's just a pre-completion photo. Gonna sand it down (both rears) tonight, and paint them tomorrow. Metallic Charcoal (gunmetal) with a clear gloss finish. I got some "brembo stencils" too, so I'll still have the logo

as for how i took the pic... well... I can move things with my mind :twisted:

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:24 pm

hehe...

>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!

"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:56 pm

^ what *I* meant? Unless you completely ignored what Ozie has just quoted *from me*, I said no such thing. What I did say that there were some members on PL stating that a stock turbo CJ had beat an X.

That is the exact same thing I have told you on msn, which I have record of here. If you learned to read, and not jump to 5 things at once, maybe you would have caught on to that. I also agree with what M@V said earlier, you can easily get a regular lancer (turbo) to beat an X just with the proper handling setup and proper tuning.

Please stop with the he says she says unless you have concrete proof, you have already been warned once. I have spoken to many members on CCJ on msn/messages, and I'd *love* to hear anyone quote what you say I've said.

Stop trolling and making a fool of yourself.

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:40 pm

ZERO COOL
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ZERO COOL » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Ok ZERO COOL is here now. These are my thoughts on this great agony of parralegend and Phoenix's turbo Lancer. First of all parralegend this is a forum where we exchange thoughts on the mods we want to do on our Lancers. Ok if you disagree on Arun decision on boosting his Lancer. You can say it once and get over it. But you must be really hating on his ideas. Are you capable of boosting your Lancer??? Obviously he has the money to do it. All props to him. Hes a big tuner enthusiast and he knows what hes doing. The ART of tuning is a hobby. I read through the chats and he NEVER said a Lancer can smoke a Evo. Now with money YES anything is possible. I totally agree with that statement. Your becoming a BUG now. You said what you had to say, why keep on. Are you infatuated with Arun. Are you really going against him because you wish you could do it? Honestly if you dont have anything good to say , log off and dont come back. But that wont happen because your to small of guy to stop the BULL and cont being a productive CJ member. RIGHT. Arun keep doing what you doing with your Lancer. Because at the end you will smoke his a$$(Thats right those are dollar signs cause we getting money). In the meantime paralegend go to the University of Wollongong and express your ideas there. See you soon MATE.

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:17 am

Guys there is no point in fighting. @Parralegend, ur young and these things happen. Dont assume u know everything coz u dont. Rather save ur face, shut up and learn something. Im sorry to put it that way as I have nothing against u and my last intention is to make u feel shit, but it seems u cant see it any other way. So everyone chill and get along. We are here to learn something and make friends so dont ruin it.

Past: Nissan Xtrail 2.5

Current: Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0

Weight loss, tuning

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:11 am

^ +1 M@verik

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:55 am

why cant we be friends...... why cant we be friends..... common sing it with me.

I just had a thought, and this is completely my view, but ist an evo just a 1 shot buy of the shelf toy?

Obviously an AWD chassis will be better overall but what is the point of getting 1 when most of us if we could afford it would just rip of everything evo and replace it with aftermarket anyways?????

Subie has the rite idea by making all there cars AWD.

It seems its just like the computer industry (which im in) you can go and buy that $2000 dell or get all sep parts YOU WANT for 1k which will be a far better computer in the end

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:29 pm

^ true. the AWD does make a difference though. Then you also have your ACD, S-AYC, ABS with EBD.

You're right though as all the tuner category of Evo buyers get rid of most of the gadgets anyway though, throwing away the Bilstein shocks, Brembo's + rotors, stock turbo and components etc. Hell, even the seats and wheels...

though, a remap and tune of the ecu on a turbo CJ will make very good use of the turbo, definately better then the stock settings on the X, which have it run extremely rich. you'll have very good distributition of power with the turbo CJ + XB's kit.

Return to “2008+ Turbo Performance”