***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

NA ES - RA turbo installation question...

CJ Lancer Turbo Performance Modifications & Information.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:22 pm

So tempting Steve! haha

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby El-Diablo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:49 pm

warranty is arguable if you read the warranty conditions its says something along the lines of unapproved accessories. O.E.M parts are certainly Mitsubishi approved. theoretically putting an Evo X turbo on a Ralliart using all original parts would be covered by warranty . Depends if you've got a good lawyer lol.

In regards to turbo around town the push in automotive is small frame turbos on smaller motors for exactly that reason, in the ralliart the turbo lag is minimal and boost comes on early. ralliarts are renowned for low to mid range punch.

I've been reading lately that quite a few ralliarts are getting into very low 13's int he states on tune and minor mods i.e. boost pill, intecooler, bov and exhaust.

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby El-Diablo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:53 pm

Hey sleep how much for your old turbo and how many k's on it

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:54 pm

IMHO dont do it !!!!!! if the car was meant to have it it will have it ... go buy a 4B11T engine and put that in it if u must ... or sell it and buy a RA ... its not worth the pain ... let another they amount of money u will sped and ultimately it will still be an ES ... with a turbo
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 pm

its done 70k Rob, still vgc, $350 thats for all i have, inc bov and K & N panel filter.

In regards to turbo around town the push in automotive is small frame turbos on smaller motors for exactly that reason, in the ralliart the turbo lag is minimal and boost comes on early. ralliarts are renowned for low to mid range punch.

yeah, everyone thats done it has used the EVO turbo, i dont know why though, more expensive to buy, thirstier, s bit harder to install, the minimum lag RA turbo is much better suited.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “2008+ Turbo Performance”