***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Turbo Kit for 4B11 CJ Lancer

CJ Lancer Turbo Performance Modifications & Information.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Phoenix wrote:i'll say budget out about AUD$10 - $12K at least. this will make room for your turbo + safety electronics + install + tune + brakes + RTA certification, AND... any mishaps...

but in the end, you'll have something that would eat a RA in a straight line... but of course, you'll die in corners... ;)

PS: minus out $1 - $1.8K from my estimate if you're installing the kit and brakes yourself.

PS2: Frank is also selling custom forged internals, such as conrods, pistons, and crankshafts... that would allow you to up the boost to around 14 - 16psi... or higher...

oh wow lolz

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

just out of curiosity does any1 know wat type of turbo the evo x has??

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:44 pm

blanka wrote:just out of curiosity does any1 know wat type of turbo the evo x has??

what exactly are you planning to do? turbocharge your lancer, or just asking for knowledge?

Many manufacturers just build the turbine in house, under license for the designs from Garrett etc. Example: Ford XR6T's, their turbines are Garretts, manufactured in-house by Ford, under license.

you can;t just pop on a turbine and expect all go's. you'll need to do alot of research beforehand, and even then, you'll need a laundry list of additional parts, such as a new exhaust manifold to allow for the turbine, ic, fuel injectors/fuel management, ecu tune, electronics etc etc etc...

if you're serious about installing one, PM me and I can help you out. otherwise if you're just asking for fun... :roll:
Mah Ride: 2006 Hyundai Getz + 08 Lancer Bodykit

XxLaNcErGTSxX
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby XxLaNcErGTSxX » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm

blanka wrote:just out of curiosity does any1 know wat type of turbo the evo x has??

Its a twin scroll but that all I know about it. The car can handle alot of boost stock
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS CVT with the most mods period!

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:36 am

...scroll??And Pheonix I AM serious about installing one in a couple of years.After I fix up todays prang, spoiler, hood, few other little bits n pieces. So that 'laundry list' would be appreciated haha

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:09 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:...scroll??And Pheonix I AM serious about installing one in a couple of years.After I fix up todays prang, spoiler, hood, few other little bits n pieces. So that 'laundry list' would be appreciated haha

if you're in Sydney sometime, we can talk details. Should have everything done by early Jan. Just waiting on arrival of the kit right now. afaik, the manifolds are being ceramic coated at the moment.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Phoenix wrote:

what exactly are you planning to do? turbocharge your lancer, or just asking for knowledge?

Many manufacturers just build the turbine in house, under license for the designs from Garrett etc. Example: Ford XR6T's, their turbines are Garretts, manufactured in-house by Ford, under license.

you can;t just pop on a turbine and expect all go's. you'll need to do alot of research beforehand, and even then, you'll need a laundry list of additional parts, such as a new exhaust manifold to allow for the turbine, ic, fuel injectors/fuel management, ecu tune, electronics etc etc etc...

if you're serious about installing one, PM me and I can help you out. otherwise if you're just asking for fun... :roll:

lolz theres a reason for everything we just dont do things just for the heck of it. Just after some info so i can get a bit more knowledge about turbo n stuff cos dont no very much about cars lolz

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:35 pm

^^ definately don't wanna be going turbo then buddy...

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:^^ definately don't wanna be going turbo then buddy...

lolz shit that was a quick reply u must b as fast as ryan c from nitsubishi forums lolz. yeh i cant get turbo cos im on my p's but im looking at going for it when im off thats y im doings some research.

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:52 pm

^^ lol... love my Mitsubishi. nah, I was just heading to bed. gotta go to the workshop at 7.30am... adios and happy learning, were here to help! ;)

what state are you at? if you're in Sydney, come for the meet. if you're in QLD... you *may* see me... might be down there for tuning next month. got a mate with a AWD dyno and workshop there.

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbIEEm7w ... ature=fvwp

If you get a turbo you can say she has driven your car... lol
RALLI//////ART

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Have RRM got any solid 0-100 times from their turbo kit for the lancer yet?
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:29 am

RRM is shit, they dont even have any dyno numbers, they all talk
Uchiha Itachi

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Considering the price of a new Ralliart Lancer being driveaway at under $40k and including all the niceties of the trim/equipment level, the TC-SST and of course a 5/10 year warranty, I'm really inclined to think you're better off starting on a stronger base for modding (e.g. going to MRT or something with the RA) rather than trying to turbo a normal CJ Lancer. It's like reinventing the wheel. Dangerously too.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:10 pm

+1 JaCe.

If you want to go much faster than what a normal Lancer can do, it's really better starting off with a Ralliart, X if you have extra.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “2008+ Turbo Performance”