***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*COMPLETED* - LED LENSER Group Buy

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Hoges wrote:I have a P7. Got it from ebay for $40. Best torch ever! Highly recommend these torches.

new or 2nd hand? if new its more than likly fake, think how much better the real would be

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 pm

I also have a P7, fantastic torch, powerful light and the metal feels really really nice. Highly recommended, got it for about $80 on eBay.

deeky
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby deeky » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Does the P7 fit in the flare hole? If it does I'm in.

Still at work, will check it out tonight via measuring though

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:02 pm

For those that want to compare features easily....

http://www.ledlenser.com/US/compare/com ... lashlights
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Hoges wrote:I have a P7. Got it from ebay for $40. Best torch ever! Highly recommend these torches.

Alileighju wrote:I also have a P7, fantastic torch, powerful light and the metal feels really really nice. Highly recommended, got it for about $80 on eBay.

please link to the ebay sale otherwise your post are not helping

thanks

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Ebay meh, I would rather spend the money with Alan what's $20 - $30 to know 100% you are getting the real deal.

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to sabotage your sale thread Alan, I was just informing others that LED lenser make great torches! Can't go wrong!

RedFive
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby RedFive » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Ill take a P14

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 pm

megatron wrote:please link to the ebay sale otherwise your post are not helping thanks

That being said, buying from overseas ebay merchants there seems to be a suggestion by the local wholesaler/distributor that warranty won't be honoured locally...

Ebay is not the only market out there.... :\

How about some of our local online stores, some with bricks and mortar presence...
LED Lenser P7
CCJ $85.00 + postage =???
"Your Home Depot" = $78.95 + $6 - or I could save postage they're located in Castle Hill, NSW.
Petes of Kensington = $92 + $5 - or I could save on postage and go to their store.... and get a choice of Titanium colour or plain Black.
Adventure Warehouse in Brisbane (ebay Store) = $84.95 + $0 = $84.95
Chain Reaction Cycles in the UK = $72.18 + $8.95 = $81.13

Other local options:
Petes of Kensington
Here are "Your Home Depot" LED Lenser products
A quick comparison of prices...

M1 - CCJ $61.00 / YHD $63.95
M14 - CCJ $108 / YHD $103.95
P7 - CCJ $85 / YHD $78.95
P14 - CCJ $99 / YHD $98.95
X21 - CCJ $425 / YHD $390
P17 - CCJ $115 / YHD $123

Group buys usually imply a decent overall discount for buying "bulk" or putting through a sizable transaction through with a merchant.

Anyway, everyone should do their own research. LED Lenser have a name and charge a premium for their product. Name brand necessarily doesn't mean "best"... Everyone's idea of value is different, some see cheap price as value, other's will look at overall price and features and usabaility of a product, other's just dont give two figs and if it works to their satisfaction, that is value to them...

There are other products out there... some seem to be designed much better than LED Lensers. Here's some food for thought... How about the Pelican brand? This model was made for the Los Angeles Police Dept - interesting to see the amount of thought into the design - and they retail for around $200 in AU if you're seriously into torches that are well designed are functional.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxd61B3wx7I

ImageImage

megatron
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby megatron » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Alileighju wrote:Sorry, didnt mean to sabotage your sale thread Alan, I was just informing others that LED lenser make great torches! Cant go wrong!

sorry i wasnt saying you where sabotaging the sale, i just wanted to know if it was indeed cheaper else where so i could go back to the supplier and ask for a greater discount for us all.

VRX_Pete wrote: That being said, buying from overseas ebay merchants there seems to be a suggestion by the local wholesaler/distributor that warranty wont be honoured locally... Ebay is not the only market out there.... : How about some of our local online stores, some with bricks and mortar presence... LED Lenser P7 CCJ $85.00 + postage =??? Your Home Depot = $78.95 + $6 - or I could save postage theyre located in Castle Hill, NSW.

Group buys usually imply a decent overall discount for buying bulk or putting through a sizable transaction through with a merchant. Anyway, everyone should do their own research. LED Lenser have a name and charge a premium for their product. Name brand necessarily doesnt mean best... Everyones idea of value is different, some see cheap price as value, others will look at overall price and features and usabaility of a product, others just dont give two figs and if it works to their satisfaction, that is value to them... There are other products out there... some seem to be designed much better than LED Lensers. Heres some food for thought... How about the Pelican brand? This model was made for the Los Angeles Police Dept - interesting to see the amount of thought into the design - and they retail for around $200 in AU if youre seriously into torches that are well designed are functional.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxd61B3wx7I

thanks for the info pete that has given me the chance to get us better pricing

updated pricing on OP

RedFive
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby RedFive » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 pm

also interested in getting a L7.

I'll PM you.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:34 pm

megatron wrote:thanks for the info pete that has given me the chance to get us better pricing updated pricing on OP

no problem.... but I didn't try hard enough or spend too much time on it. :) Perhaps I should try and find cheaper? :P

ImageImage

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm

It seems many of the admin team are very concerned that I am allowing megatron to run this group buy.

I have had many dealings with Alan over the last year. In fact, he was the driver behind our first successful group buy after the SIR-VRX debacle. i.e. the Whiteline sway bar group buy.

Alan had offered to run this group buy through me but I see no reason for one more level of money handling.

So to satisfy the worries of the admin team, let me make a public declaration that I will underwrite any losses this membership should have if megatron were to do a runner.

There, that should satisfy you doubting Thomases.

Just a thought: If you don't give trust , there will be be no more new blood to lead and contribute... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “Group Buys Service”