***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* US Shipping Service

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm

justin wrote:thanks man that would be great (Y) also where u buy them from too would be great (Y)

The box was dimensions are requested (in cms)
17Hx39Wx67L
As per shipping slip the Eibach package was rated 29lb on the shipping slip
Shipped from Temple City 91780 from Advance Speed Shop. :P

and I got the GReddy dimensions whilst I was at it... :lol:
32Hx37Wx111L
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 pm

This method as I pointed out are for small things. Not necessarily car parts.
Anything that can be held in your hands would be good.

If you want to do things like Springs and exhausts, give us some time to work out the system. I don't want to shock the poor girl with a Borla Exhaust turning up to her workplace or home.

As PYLee pointed out some sellers in the US have better shipping accounts and all.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Awww comon that would be pretty cool if a girl had like 10 sets of exhausts rock up lol i would think shes pretty darn cool... anyway yeah nar i can understand that ill have to have a think aboit it i know i want a K&N air filter from over there but havnt checked around as to pricing i know lancer shop has pretty good price on them atm but wont ship to AUS... that sucks... ill see if the mrs will let me get one :D

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm

If your looking at lancershop , check out maperformance
Lancer Evolution 10MR

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby funnyfi » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 am

oh ma gosh wish i saw this earlier, I just ordered some small stuff and the shipping was more than the cost of the items ><!

xTheAvengerx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby xTheAvengerx » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:35 am

Just wanted to express interest, I know it hasn't been worked out and all but I wouldn't mind getting some springs as well that or some fog lights, I know its a long shot, but I thought I should express interest as it's an EOI after all.

ecl27
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ecl27 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:12 am

Some small item ideas. Tatrix cable, boost pill, 3 port grimspeed. I'm interested in the tatrix cable. Got quoted $260 shipped with the usb extension cable. Just wondering if I'll save anything since I'll have to double ship.

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:41 pm

EOI : 2 x 3' EL Wire - red + High power Inverter.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

I would suggest that for those who want to order something to send me a PM.

Showing precisely the pages and costing.

Most of my stuff is now with my friend. One more to go so don't hesitate if you want to join in the box.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 pm

LEgo star wars anyone? :D
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Can I share a thought?

My order list atm is:
1 X Woman's Handbag = US$153 (locally priced at A$423 @ David Jones)
1 X Woman's coin purse = US$110 (locally priced at A$220 @ DavidJones)
1 X Pod Filter = US$52 (locally priced at A$100 @ Rocket Industries)
1 X Laptop motherboard = US$91 (locally priced at A$363)

All weighing next to nothing.

If you ask me to send your GReddy exhaust or a set of lowering springs, yours will be the HEAVIEST item in the box and the bulk of the postage costs will then be liable by you.

Sure it helps me but you'll think I've ripped you off since if we divided the cost of the shipment by weight, Your exhaust or springs will be by far the heaviest by percentage..

Then you people will say I've ripped you off which is not the intention.

Also what about insurance? Say I help you bring in a set of headlights, my friend will obviously have to record its value. Say for the sake of this discussion the box contents are worth A$990 (under the tax import threshold), but your head lamps because they're US$400, I need to pay more money for the added insurance of having your head lamps added to the box.

So guys please think this through.
I'm not here to rip anyone off.
I'm here to help. Please spend some time on your part also thinking through what you want to buy and how this might or might NOT help you.

I would say if you want a GReddy Touch Informeter, sure, it's cheaper in the US and weighs like a walkman, sure go ahead.

A GReddy exhaust? You're best going to Advanced Speed Shop or negotiating to get it yourself. If you have a problem negotiating with Adv Speed Shop, and want me to broker the deal, sure, but what one idiot can do, so can another?

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby El-Diablo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Just a word of warning exhausts can be very expensive to ship as they can be charged by calculated weight ie something that weighs 10 kg but in a big box you can be charged for 100 kilos.

Hands down the cheapest most reliable option for shipping is US Postal service global priority mail or global express. I recently had a complete Evo x turbo setup shipped for around 100 us with a weight of 30 lb.

I have shipped items using USPS for over 10 years and never missed a shipment or had any hassles I've used fedex and ups only when I have too and they are more expensive and a lot less reliable.

USPS goods are delivered by australia post if you're not home they leave it at your local post office. Ups and fedex take it to their depot.

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Just a word of warning exhausts can be very expensive to ship as they can be charged by calculated weight ie something that weighs 10 kg but in a big box you can be charged for 100 kilos.

Hands down the cheapest most reliable option for shipping is US Postal service global priority mail or global express. I recently had a complete Evo x turbo setup shipped for around 100 us with a weight of 30 lb.

I have shipped items using USPS for over 10 years and never missed a shipment or had any hassles I've used fedex and ups only when I have too and they are more expensive and a lot less reliable.

USPS goods are delivered by australia post if you're not home they leave it at your local post office. Ups and fedex take it to their depot.

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:29 pm

QUAD MULTI POST!!

Return to “Group Buys Service”