For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:53 am

Unfortunately yes.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:13 am

@ RyanMK

Ofey wrote:The Taiwanese on the other hand have disappeared and refuse to take my phone calls much like Shadows.

This is "Not an Idea or Prosperous Situation" to be in .... :(

Unlike other Financially Misguided & Ill-Intended Group Buys of the past.
The Unexpected & Unfortunate 0ccourences that this Group Buy has Encountered were never Envisaged or Imagined.

However, I really hope for the sake of all involved, that a Financially & Amicable Outcome can be sought and resolved to everyones satisfaction.

Sam.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:17 am

SAM-24A wrote:@ RyanMK [quote:4dc5ce405e=Ofey][color=yellow:4dc5ce405e]The Taiwanese[/color:4dc5ce405e] on the other hand [color=yellow:4dc5ce405e]have disappeared and refuse to take my phone calls[/color:4dc5ce405e] much like Shadows.[/quote:4dc5ce405e] This is Not an Idea or Prosperous Situation to be in .... :( Unlike other Financially Misguided & Ill-Intended Group Buys of the past. The Unexpected & Unfortunate 0ccourences that this Group Buy has Encountered were never Envisaged or Imagined. [color=yellow:4dc5ce405e]However, I really hope for the sake of all involved, that a Financially & Amicable Outcome can be sought and resolved to everyones satisfaction.[/color:4dc5ce405e] Sam.

???

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 am

What do you mean ..... ??? ..... *noidea*

Please Explain .... ???

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 am

Ours being ccj? I don't see why individuals should be left financially at a loss as it no fault of there's.

The club has plenty of money to help the members out.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 am

SAM-24A wrote:What do you mean ..... ??? ..... *noidea* Please Explain .... ???

I'm just wondering what was said in that post that we didn't already know?

Also,
"Financially Misguided & Ill-Intended Group Buys of the past."

Buys => plural.
Since I've overseen ALL GBs bar a couple, and I can only recall one which fall into that category, I'm raising an eyebrow.

aspir3 wrote:Ours being ccj? I dont see why individuals should be left financially at a loss as it no fault of theres. The club has plenty of money to help the members out.

CCJ is NOT an underwriter.
It's a car club and if we cover these, we will be setting a very dangerous precedence. We will be underwriting all group buys from now on.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 am

@ Ofey:

No need to raise an eyebrow ..... plural in "Buys" was a typo .... should have been "Buy" .... singular .....
since I was only referring to the Whiteline Group Buy which you had nothing to do with.

However:
You answered an Obviously Concerned, Distressed & Effected members question:
RyanMK wrote:In other words, if the claim with the Taiwanese company falls through as well, the loss is our own to absorb?

with 2 words only .....
Ofey wrote:Unfortunately yes.

Surely you can offer a more sympathetic and/or compassionate answer to appease his $700-$800 loss via a "Now Defunct" Group Buy you organized & managed in full.
Or at least offer some information as to what other alternative steps you plan or envisage in order to recover or amend this financial loss.

I don't want to argue with you any further Irving .... since I'm not involved in this Group Buy.
However, I certainly wouldn't be Content with your reply and definitely seeking further recourse.

Sam.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:49 am

I don't see why this has happened. I have paid for postage insurance twice and now I am told bad luck I am financiallly at a loss.

Why bother paying for insurance?

We did every thing we were told to do. We did not sign cart note and took pictures.

Someone must be at fault here and cover our losses, not us.

This is why I will only be paying by PayPal so I am covered.

I would like a detailed report of all dealings so I can take legal action against person/s or company at fault.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 am

Yes let's not argue further but it has been noted that I work pretty differently from you Sam.

But I should point out.

For me the lesser said, the better.
No matter how long a msg I post, the result is still NOT getting any solution. I don't see a need to pad over it to make it look like I'm trying hard to solve this.
People who know me well know that :
1. I am very good at constantly badgering something till I get a result
2. I don't just post for the sake of posting.

I have countless emails which I have sent and phone cards (bought with my own funds) to chase down both our suppliers and Shadows.
Spelling out what I've done still doesn't bring us closer to the solution.
To me I don't really care much to the process.

Like Ryan, I want a solution and my money back as well.

I have recently proposed to the Taiwanese that I'd like the new fangled headlamps and more LED tail lamps(to the value of A$2000) instead of waiting for the compensation of the bonnets. Bearing in mind shipping is never insured.

They never did reply to this.

I was intending to sell the headlamps to whomever wanted them and use that money to compensate those who are out of pocket from this group buy.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 am

@ Ofey ....
Ofey wrote:Yes let's not argue further but it has been noted that I work pretty differently from you Sam.

Please allow me to refer/refresh your memory to this question you proposed upon me when I first started supplying the Super Circuit Headers.

Posted: 20th Jul 2010, 11:02pm in this thread: "SUPER CIRCUIT" 4-2-1 HEADERS ... 3/4 down the page.
Ofey wrote:Uncle SAM, perhaps the question to answer is:

"Say someone pays you but within reasonable time (up to 2 weeks from dispatch) no product arrives.
Your supplier says its been dispatched. What happens then?"

Answered by me ... 2 posts later on 20th Jul 2010, 11:14pm
SAM-24A wrote:I'll have to chase it up and sort it out at my cost and time.

What have you had to do when things didn't arrive on time or as planned through-out all your Group Buys.

BTW: You never did reply to my question to you ... re: What have you had to do ? .... :roll:

So .... Your Absolutely Correct Irving ..... I "DO" work pretty differently from "YOU"

My pocket Underwrites all that I Undertake to do for Others ...... That's the difference in Me ... !!!

Thank You & End of my Say or Further Involvement.
Sam.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:31 am

SAM-24A wrote:@My pocket Underwrites all that I Undertake to do for Others ...... Thats the difference in Me ... !!! Thank You & End of my Say or Further Involvement. Sam.

Unfortunately I am unable to match up to your ability to underwrite things.
If so I am underwriting quite a huge amount.
The financial exposure you face versus mine?

Just to point out that Where possible I too have underwritten things for people.
I handled gramp's purchase of an Evo X wing from Shadows. When he didn't want to compensate Gramp's damage, I did so too.

The financial magnitude of compensation is a great difference.

Bearing in mind, I too am out of pocket from this.

If we were to claim from the supplier, we get only the cost of the product back. Not shipping.
If we claim from the local shipper, the same practice.

That's still A$400 per person which comes to A$1600 between the four bonnets not fulfilled. And some broken body kit parts which is why I topped it out to A$2000 in total compensation from the Taiwanese.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:27 am

I am confused. You say the bonnets were $400 each.

I will have to check my records to confirm but I thought I paid
$850 for bonnet
$40 approximately for GST
$200-300 for postage
On top of this tnode(Trevor) paid $200-300 for postage again because they were returned to the depot because we were told not to sign delivery document if bonnets were damaged.

I am over $1100 out of pocket and I am not happy.

Who now gets the 1 good bonnet that arrived in SA? I suppose if I take it I will have to pay the others $400 each.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am

You sure you're not blowing out the figures?

A$850 per bonnet?

From page 1. Evo X Bonnet complete with all vents ~ A$650
So you paid A$40 for GST which made it A$690.
We were hoping to skirt GST by under declaring.

If it were A$850, we should have bought from the local dealer which was his offered price.

The cost was A$400+ per bonnet.

Postage wasn't A$200-300 per person?
Was it? That would imply SA paid > A$900 for local postage?

If you remember correctly, I asked if you could collect the delivery again to which you said no. Tnode paid the additional which was about A$186.

I calculated that I am about A$720 our of pocket for my bonnet.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:52 am

I paid for all SA postage. I haven't ask for money as bonnets were no good and hoping for insurance.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:58 am

ok then.
Your call there.

Just to point out ATM so everyone is clear:

The people who are affected by this are:
1. ofey VIC Faulty Bonnet
2. meaty VIC Faulty rear bumper bar
3. aspir3 SA Faulty Bonnet
4. tnode SA Faulty Bonnet
5. ryanmk SA Faulty Bonnet

I know some others have paid to get their bonnets adjusted but no one else complained that their bonnets or bodykits were unworkable.

Return to “Group Buys Service”