***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

How to Improve GB's

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm

More importantly if money is not there for a GB, don't instigate one... .

Also be flexible with your modding scheme.

If a GB is on now on something you want, go for it. Don't say you have another part you prioritise more.

You'll save much more if you just go for GBs.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Dire wrote:Whilst its an annoyance to EOI and then drop out, sometimes it can't be helped, but it is better than extending the buy by a week while you wait for your next pay cheque.

I think some people also need to realise that just because it has to go through a few stages before its time to pay, doesn't mean you should take the 'good, that gives me time to save' mentality.

If you don't have money, don't join a buy.

Bingo...

There are always going to be extenuating circumstances that cannot be avoided, but when an EOI has 20 interested members and then 5 commit, that is not good enough. No use placing an EOI on the table if you are not interested, it just disappoints the genuine buyers when the GB folds due to lack of interest.

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Hehe bubble demands it is. Like in the States, the demands for real estate is just a virtual reality. Investors with a lot of money abused their purchase power to push prices higher to create a fever then turns out ppl doesn't really hunting for houses that much. Then ooppsss, economy collapses LOL

Here is much simple but it causes frustration. Yes, definately not EOI if u can't make the payment. But the interesting thing is how to prevent these people from doing it? Anything stopping them? I don't think so.....They have nothing to lose if they decided to vanish from the GB

ofey wrote:A good e.g. is the other group buy currently running for Shark Fin Antennas.

Alot of screaming.

No response.

Haha I like your style of saying ofey, very funny
Last edited by coolwave911 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 pm

coolwave911 wrote:Hehe yep, so go away if you don't have the money it is LOL Bit cruel but life is cruel anyway HAHA

It maybe cruel to some but it's not fair for Ofey to risk his own money for those people either, I am not loaded myself and got homeload to pay and families to feed, but I know my limits and I only buy the things I can afford at the time. after all if enough interest there can be another GB for that same item again.

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Happy with the EOI which is a firm commitment and a PAY NOW deadline once the GB is confirmed.

Again I'm not sure about the 'saving' thing, most of the more expensive GB ( Injen CAI, Greedy SE etc ) have been 4-5 weeks from EOI to PAY NOW. So unless you get paid Quarterly or Yearly, there is no issue if you have to wait for your next pay...

Maybe people want structure? Group by announced 1st - 4th of the month, EOI close around the 20th, Payment due last day of the month, Item ordered on the 2nd - 4th of the next month ( to ensure all funds have cleared )?
Love that car!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Maybe a deposit to secure your place into GBs rest of payment due 7 days after close.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

So if you are on the EOI list, then you pretty much have to buy it? Isn't it technically just an expression of interest?

niro86
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby niro86 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:00 pm

I think the dead line should be put in place according to the purchasing item.Also I think we should allow enough time to buyers to state their EOI. In that manner they will get funds ready to pay and also Ofey can get enough numbers. After "EOI" change to "PAY NOW",Ofey has to state a dead line (depending on the item) to finalize the GB. The person who don't meet that dead line won't get anything. This method will work only after Ofey gets all the money in his bank account so he can start order things.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Maybe the "minimum number" required for a GB can be boosted by 10 - 20% to account for those who cannot pay and not lose the discount. Then when payment has been collected, that'll be when the purchase proceeds.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Nick07 wrote:So if you are on the EOI list, then you pretty much have to buy it? Isn't it technically just an expression of interest?

I have to admit I got tripped up by this- didn't realise that EOI was a commitment. That being said not too fussed since I tend to only post an EOI on cheap things :P)

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

EOIs = Expression of Interest.

It helps me gauge if the GB will go ahead and give me numbers to pitch to the seller.

If you like the product, that's NOT an EOI.

If you want to buy the product AND have the money to spare in the next week or so, that's an EOI.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 pm

I feel like saying that in my own words.

An EOI isn't a commitment, its just a pain if you drop out.
Ie don't EOI if you can't follow through.

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 am

Or at least tell Ofey you are no longer interested

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

scormar
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby scormar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:35 am

this group buy, is it for people who are from Australia or is it also international members

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 am

Just Au actually. The costings of sending things off to international destinations kind of defeats the savings we make.

Return to “Group Buys Service”