How to Improve GB's

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

How to Improve GB's

Postby Slash » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:04 pm

I thought it would be better to have this discussion in a seperate thread rather than cluttering up the Dispatch thread.

Personally I would like to see Ofey not pay for GBs out of his own pocket.
Its not fair on him, especially if a member doesnt pay up.

My suggestion is to keep it pretty much the same, add in a deadline and members should post in the Pay now thread that they have payed to help Ofey keep track on who has paided.

EOI - To guage numbers.
Pay Now - Set a deadline, Collect the Money... If there is a minimum Qty required, it must be met before the deadline otherwise GB is off.
Despatch - Despatching to one member in each state is a great idea if it can be done. Saves Ofey time.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

The only flaw I see with the PAY NOW stage is if we have not met a minimum number of buyers that everyone misses out on a good deal. In that case it may be worth extending the group buy.

Also, this makes more work for Ofey. He then needs to get everyones bank account details and process refunds.

I do agree with putting a deadline on the GBs though. This should help set a goal for buyers. Also should hopefully make life easier for Ofey. I know he doesn't have time to be chasing people for their money.

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 pm

What currently happens if a minimum Qty isnt met? or has there never been one?

This is all discussion to help Ofey out...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:17 pm

The easiest solution in my opinions is NOT to EOI unless you:
1. have the money to buy.
2. Are decided to buy at the opnening price. Prices only get lower with more people never higher.

That solves many hypothetical scenarios.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 pm

I also agree with the deadlines... it doesnt seem fair on Ofey having to chase up those who havent paid. It should be their responsibility to pay when asked.

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:20 pm

If the minimum amount isn't met then with all buyers' mutual agreements we then can extend the GB to gain more buyers. Anyone who is impatient can opt out at the time the extension is asked for approval from GB organisers. That's the best way I can think of. And also if you agreed to wait for more buyers then you shouldn't cancel out on the GB until ofey officially announced that this GB is not feasible as it has been extended for too long. We then move on to another GB with credit on your accounts or then ofey has go through the painful refund process as now the buyers have all right to demand refunds.....Just my thoughts though

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 pm

ofey wrote:The easiest solution in my opinions is NOT to EOI unless you:
2. Are decided to buy at the opnening price. Prices only get lower with more people never higher.

I agree Ofey.

Maybe putting a deadline on payment will make it easier though.

Maybe 7 days prior to the buy going to PAYNOW. That way once that deadline has been met, any members who have not paid simply miss out. Also means you know when the buy will be closed.

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:

I agree Ofey.

Maybe 7 days prior to the buy going to PAYNOW. That way once that deadline has been met, any members who have not paid simply miss out. Also means you know when the buy will be closed.

I say it depends on the value of the item that we sets the appropriate dealines as some up here are really keen on buying stuff and when they opt in for Gb that means they don't have much spare cash flow so it's be easier if the small value items get short deadlines so they got shipped out fast while high value items can be a bit longer for some to save up if they have to

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 pm

The saving up bit makes no sense to me.

Just wait for the next GB then... .
Also, price is a watershed for different people. For some even an A$70 item requires quite abit of saving for. For others, A$20 may be their watershed.

So saving cannot be used as the excuse.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:53 pm

coolwave911 wrote:
LZY_EYE wrote:

I agree Ofey.

I say it depends on the value of the item that we sets the appropriate dealines as some up here are really keen on buying stuff and when they opt in for Gb that means they don't have much spare cash flow so it's be easier if the small value items get short deadlines so they got shipped out fast while high value items can be a bit longer for some to save up if they have to

Coolware I think we should stick with Ofey's opinion
"The easiest solution in my opinions is NOT to EOI unless you:
2. Are decided to buy at the opnening price. Prices only get lower with more people never higher. "
You only put your hand up when you have the money, Ofey shouldn't wait for anyone to save up and taking the risk they might not be able to pay, there are too many what if there, he might be able to save up next week or he could also spent it all in a night out. therefore "ONLY put in your order when you already have the money", easier to manage and less what if.

RAwannabe
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby RAwannabe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:54 pm

same deadline for all items.

coolwave911
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby coolwave911 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Hehe yep, so go away if you don't have the money it is LOL Bit cruel but life is cruel anyway HAHA

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:11 pm

coolwave911 wrote:Hehe yep, so go away if you don't have the money it is LOL Bit cruel but life is cruel anyway HAHA

Yep life is cruel!! If there is enough interest another group buy can be run though :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 pm

A good e.g. is the other group buy currently running for Shark Fin Antennas.

Alot of screaming.

No response.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Whilst its an annoyance to EOI and then drop out, sometimes it can't be helped, but it is better than extending the buy by a week while you wait for your next pay cheque.

I think some people also need to realise that just because it has to go through a few stages before its time to pay, doesn't mean you should take the 'good, that gives me time to save' mentality.

If you don't have money, don't join a buy.

Return to “Group Buys Service”