***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Dash Dandy CCJ GB - May'11

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 am

As mentioned by Vlad, there were a number of people here last year at the national meet here in Melbourne who saw a demonstration of the product by exaltd aka Gabriel and have been suitably impressed.

I would say I'd be looking to use it on all blackish exterior to restore the factory look black shine OR within the engine bay where your black plastics seem to have lost its lustre.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 am

ahh if thats the case can i grab 3 cans aswell Please.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu May 19, 2011 10:28 am

Ofey Please put me Down for 4 cans ...... The stuff Iam useing now is such a dust magnet .

Cheers Doreen :smile:
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 am

are you using armorall Doreen? that is the WORST "cleaning" product ever

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 am

bd-850 wrote:are you using armorall Doreen? that is the WORST "cleaning" product ever

Agreed.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 am

i was very skeptical about this product at first, when i read its a Silicon Spray, but after seeing it in Melbourne and being used on my car, it came up so clean and wasnt greasy afterwards and didnt gather dust/dirt

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 am

ofey wrote:
bd-850 wrote:are you using armorall Doreen? that is the WORST "cleaning" product ever

Agreed.

Yep Guys :o That is what Iam useing .

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 am

*nono* *nono*

what i find is the best Bang for your Buck is Polyglaze, cheap and works wonders

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am

I have to point out that if you compare Dash Dandy to Armor all , there is no competition.

But one should consider trying DD and comparing it to 303 Protectant.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Thu May 19, 2011 2:55 pm

ofey wrote:I have to point out that if you compare Dash Dandy to Armor all , there is no competition.

But one should consider trying DD and comparing it to 303 Protectant.

I use 303 protectant for my interior. I'll be able to compare when I get my hands on Dash Dandy. :)
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for being absent lately. I'm back now. And boy, I'm really quite surprised at the level of interest :)

So as you all may know, this product (Dash Dandy) was shown at the National Meet back in October. I have personally used it, and still use it. It is a fantastic product manufactured in the UK. It is used by ALL the Euro brands to keep their showroom cars perfectly stock grey while allowing them dust resistance for that long lasting new car look.

A word of warning is that you should be in a well ventlated area as this stuff really stinks and is powerful stuff. I can't stand the smell so I use it on exterior trim and engine plastics.

As to how it compares to 303, 303 leaves a more glossy shine compared to Dash Dandy. Dash Dandy however will outlast 303 by a VERY long shot. 303 is a silicone free surface coat that doesn't actually do much to prevent further oxidisation. The white comes quickly back (after 3-5 days). Dash Dandy lasted for about 2 months.

Take it however you will, but that's just my little imput. :) Hope that helps in your decision.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 am

Put me down for a second can thanks Ofey.

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Fri May 20, 2011 2:26 pm

exaltd wrote:Hi all,

Sorry for being absent lately. I'm back now. And boy, I'm really quite surprised at the level of interest :)

So as you all may know, this product (Dash Dandy) was shown at the National Meet back in October. I have personally used it, and still use it. It is a fantastic product manufactured in the UK. It is used by ALL the Euro brands to keep their showroom cars perfectly stock grey while allowing them dust resistance for that long lasting new car look.

A word of warning is that you should be in a well ventlated area as this stuff really stinks and is powerful stuff. I can't stand the smell so I use it on exterior trim and engine plastics.

As to how it compares to 303, 303 leaves a more glossy shine compared to Dash Dandy. Dash Dandy however will outlast 303 by a VERY long shot. 303 is a silicone free surface coat that doesn't actually do much to prevent further oxidisation. The white comes quickly back (after 3-5 days). Dash Dandy lasted for about 2 months.

Take it however you will, but that's just my little imput. :) Hope that helps in your decision.

Thanks for the info! So if you put it on interior surfaces, it stinks out the whole car for good? Or only for a couple of days or something?

Also, I'd like to change my order to just one please. Otherwise I won't have enough money on my student wage :(

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Fri May 20, 2011 4:47 pm

hey ofey, i'll grab a couple - my dash is filthy and full of dust :oops:
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri May 20, 2011 5:56 pm

@ Leez (aka Aaron) - No, it won't stink it out permanently. I meant on initial contact, as it is a very strong chemical. It will stink for about 10 minutes while it works itself in (even though you just spray on, leave for 10 seconds) and then wipe off). After which, it is odourless. This product does not contain any material to make it smeel good so that the customer keeps coming back. This product is for the industry, where they need things to work. And work, it does. :)

Return to “Group Buys Service”