For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

*CLOSED* CCJ GB Jan'11 Fold out resort chairs

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Background

I've noted that at a number of our meets, we're often meeting in car parks with large areas to accommodate all our cars but most of these meeting places are often lacking when it comes to seating.

I believe a great number of you would have these fold out resort chairs already but the numbers would probably be matched by those who want to replace or get their first ones.

These fold up into an easy carry bag and open up to give us a great chair to sit around and usually a pocket slot on an armrest of a bottle or can for drinks.

Pricing
The cheapest I've seen are the Trek Wonder Chairs at Big W which go for about A$8+, while the costlier ones which bring with it better build quality (padding and features) and higher prices go well into the A$70 range.

These won't be used too often in reality so I doubt its worthwhile to go all out but I'd like to think a group buy might well give us an opportunity to own a better quality one at an improved price.

EOI
I'm just seeking an EOI to see if there are enough of you who might want to get one then I can begin to look for suppliers and pricing. Unless everyone just wants to go for the A$8+ one at BigW or K-Mart.

1. ofey
Last edited by ofey on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

twr75
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby twr75 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:05 pm

I would be interested if we could get ones that had "ClubCJ" printed on the back...
EVO is not a dirty word...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Depends on the price and the number of orders.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

FFEEkY
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby FFEEkY » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 pm

supercheap auto have them in qld this month for $4. Dont know about other states. Also, would the cost of bulk postage outweigh any savings transporting these interstate?
Warning! Mouth often in gear well before brain!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Yes I know about those as well but as twr75 pointed out, I was hoping to get enough of an order to get CCJ emblazoned ones.

OK A$4 a wee bit hard to beat.

Can't say I didn't try... .

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm

The $4 One's might last about 5 minutes also Ofey ... I Don't think the Quality would be too good with the $4 one's "correct me If Iam wrong " And I Think with the ClubCJ Logo on the chairs would be sweet ... I Would be interested , See how the interest goes anyways ...
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:26 pm

yeah i would deffinantly go for one with the clubcj logo on them

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm

im in ofey also to have embroided club CJ ralli////art on the chair

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:05 pm

whitenight wrote:im in ofey also to have embroided club CJ ralli////art on the chair

I suspect you're asking for too much there.

If this does indeed go through, we'll probably only get a CCJ logo onto it ala those t-shirts produced by Shamrock before.

To ask for an additional RA logo may be a step too far as we will be crossing copyright laws among other things.

I'm also of the opinion that the more features you ask like CCJ logos will push the price up.

I don't see the A$4 ones at SCA here in VIC but I noted that Bunnings are offering 2 for A$11 which comes up to A$5.50 each which I think is cheap enough.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

ofey wrote:
whitenight wrote:im in ofey also to have embroided club CJ ralli////art on the chair

I suspect you're asking for too much there.

If this does indeed go through, we'll probably only get a CCJ logo onto it ala those t-shirts produced by Shamrock before.

To ask for an additional RA logo may be a step too far as we will be crossing copyright laws among other things.

what colours do the chairs come in ofey mate if they come in black i would love that colour are we able to get CCJ usernames on them

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 pm

the main thing to look at is the weight restrictions, im not exactlly a fat bastard but i got a camp chair with weight restriction of 130kg, and i snapped it about a month after getting the chair, and it was $25 from Camp World

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:12 pm

See if I organise a group buy, I doubt I'd be able to get more than 1 color. So we have to fix on a colour.

My purpose of going for the group buy is to buy a more comfortable one than a plain one for a lower price.

Now this has seemed to push to more desirable for CCJ logos rather than comfort. So I take it you guys don't bother much for comfort and quality but you're more keen to see a CCJ logo on it?

We can't get both unless I get > 100 orders.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 pm

bd-850 wrote:the main thing to look at is the weight restrictions, im not exactlly a fat bastard but i got a camp chair with weight restriction of 130kg, and i snapped it about a month after getting the chair, and it was $25 from Camp World

Related to the price of the chair. the cheap ones from K-mart don't even go beyond 102KG.

Which is why I wanted the more expensive ones. I wanted to buy quality so they have better last rather than a CCJ logo.

I suspect one way around this is to find a company who can do an iron on patch for the club logo and produce it as club merchandise and then we can all buy our own chair and just iron on a logo.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 pm

ofey wrote:See if I organise a group buy, I doubt I'd be able to get more than 1 color. So we have to fix on a colour.

My purpose of going for the group buy is to buy a more comfortable one than a plain one for a lower price.

Now this has seemed to push to more desirable for CCJ logos rather than comfort. So I take it you guys don't bother much for comfort and quality but you're more keen to see a CCJ logo on it?

We can't get both unless I get > 100 orders.

true that i am more for comfort mate no problems mate every person who gets the chair out of this group buy can personalise it them selves but yeh i will go for the comfort

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 pm

It's not that this GB has been re-opened but I\'d like to bring to everyones attention a fabulous deal by BigW.

Big W are selling the Wonder Chair for A$5 delievered.
Only in Black though.
This is a limited time offer ending on 18 Apr 2011.

This is an excellent deal for everyone.
I don't think you'll find these fold out resort chairs any cheaper.

To place an order with BigW , call 1800 251 311
The online service attempts to charge you A$7.00 shipping.
Via phone, no delivery charges.

I got 2.
Last edited by ofey on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group Buys Service”