***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Group Buys

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 pm

The way I see it is if standard they are $170 - we've been quoted $112 - $58 saving over regular.

This is through one of our sponsors of the website, and at the end of the day they are a business and they have to turn a profit. We should be supporting them as much as they are supporting us.

Who cares about a few dollars here and there. It's not like they have given us a bad price (where someone has beaten it by $20-$30).

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:07 pm

The prices still stand. I picked up my B-Pillar trim this morning though I didn't stick one of the panels on right. Corrected it as best as I can.

Now if anyone wants one at the prices they've given, please feel free to get in touch with me and I'll let you know how we can get you the parts.

Update

Since it's pretty much ok now, I've had a chat with NickD from Preston Motors this morning when picking up my B-Pillar trim and he's been very good about having a 2nd dealership sponsor on board. That's been the reason for our recent silence of why we held off the group buy. Bear in mind for the moment that this has not gone through as yet. So it may not be firm.

In future though, we are going to change the way these group buys are done. We will firstly obtain quotes for the parts before hand before announcing the winning bid much like how tenders are done. There will be no further alteration of prices from that point.

We'll let everyone know if we get the new sponsors on board. For those who don't want to wait or think they want to honour the deal with Preston Motors, please get in touch.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 pm

black taillights you say... *shows excessive interest*

Let us know how that goes - I think 'the best deal aus. has to offer' is going to be better than f'ing around with overseas stuff that would be a LOT harder to return if there's any problems etc. etc....

Decided against the other items though... I'd grab 'em if they were $25 a piece, but I don't wan't 'em any more than that!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:02 am

I've changed my choice of muffler since no one bit on the Borla, I've been looking around at something else. So I've updated the first post with this:

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust System for Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 08
Model 10137952
It's the single exhaust one I'm looking at. Not the dual one. A direct bolt on so no cutting or fitting problems.
There are 2 great post on this on the EvoM forums. See here and here.

Lowest pricing I've found this morning is US$386.74 I'm close to biting.

Anyone else?

qudans
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby qudans » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:16 am

^ Interested... depends on final price shipped.

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:09 pm

^ also interested but can't until Kevin07 coughs up

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:43 pm

^how much better is having this zorst over standard muffler... i've read thru numerous posts on here saying the stock muffler is one of the worst components for choking performance outta our cars, but how much is there to gain from this GReddy Spectrum Elite axle back? the two threads dont say much about performance and cant really see much on the GReddy website

ANDROS
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ANDROS » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:58 pm

im interested. depending on the price of course.

and also.. more info on how it would perform and sound on 2.4L '09 VRX

Thanks

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:00 pm

ANDROS wrote:im interested. depending on the price of course.

and also.. more info on how it would perform and sound on 2.4L '09 VRX

Thanks

If you click on the links, it does show some video links on youtube. I doubt it'll change much in tone on a 2.4L. You might get more grunt though on lower revs.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:15 am

looks wicked! I'd be interested in seeing some sort of info on performance before buying any zorst tho - and $386 US? isn't that going to be like $560 AU + shipping or something in the range of that? I got told I could get a custom one made up here for $300ish - would this be better than just a muffler shop made, custom exhaust?

I don't know much 'bout this stuff, have to admit... might be completely different things I'm looking at here...

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 am

anyone zorst-ed a CVT? is it worth it? lol

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:24 am

Is that $386usd + postage?

Pretty sure all you're paying for there is the Greddy brand name. For that kind of price you could get a full exhaust (headers back) made up and installed.

I wonder if it comes with decals you can stick on the side of your car too :roll:

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 am

wait - ofey said this is a direct bolt on... wouldn't an exhaust-shop exhaust need cutting/fitting to work? or just depends on what you get?

ugh - for the sake of this thread tho, I'm probably not going to be in on this one... saw 300 and jumped, saw 'US'...
hrrrr - need AU pricing too, we don't have any idea how much 386US actually is without searching around for rates and such...

any black taillights news as yet?

Deano1964
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Deano1964 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am

A bit steep! A price around $400 aus would be interesting....advantages of this though is that it is bolt for bolt, huge advantage!

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 am

www.xe.com for exchange rates.

$386USD is $534AUD at todays exchange rate of 72cents. Usually it is sitting around the 62cent mark (it changes about 10cents from start to finish of the week). Then you have shipping which I'd say is another $100-$150. Maybe more.

You'd be up for at least $700-800 by the time you get it here.

JazzyB wrote:wait - ofey said this is a direct bolt on... wouldn't an exhaust-shop exhaust need cutting/fitting to work? or just depends on what you get?

Yeah there is generally a bit of cutting and welding involved in an exhaust shop - but we're talking $400 installed if we can get 5 people in NSW to go ahead with it. If not you're looking at $450.

Return to “Group Buys Service”