For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

*CLOSED* HID Lancer Group Buy

Postby spunkybob » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi All,

With Ofey and Ozie's blessing I would like to offer a group buy for some HID upgrades for lo and hi beams.

Your looking at $120 for each set (1 set for lo and 1 set for hi) and there a strait bolt (clip) on, require no splicing or anything like that.

We installed the demo ones on my car in under 10 mins today, and as you can see there quite effective... I'm still seeing spots.

There imported by a local guy in Newcastle (good trusted mate) and he will cover full warranty providing you can provide pics of clean install or a receipt of professional install.
They burn alot cooler then stock globes, so there should be no issues with the plastic lights

You can put the box's wherever you like, i chose to put them there coz it looks cool :) but its all upto you.

Please post here if your interested and when we have enough numbers we can organize payments and ordering.
Individuals can buy them with ought a group buy.

Lo Beam: 9006 HB4
Hi Beam: 9005 HB3

Globes can be ordered in any color hue, but recommended is 5000-6000k... anything over this is starting to look blue.

----
These may render your vehicle non-ADR compliant therefore illegal on the roads. The seller nor ClubCJ will not be held responsible if you fit these to your vehicle and get fined or defected. If these are installed with correct projector headlights you will not have any issues.

This is because the standard "reflector" lights are not designed for such high intensity that the light produced can be "glary" to oncoming drivers and very bright.

From personal testing they seem OK and I have had no other cars flashing me thinking my high beams are on, but its upto the individual buyer.
----

Box

Before

After

Off/on - To show the light projected angle

Install
Last edited by spunkybob on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Admin note:

If you don't want to buy, don't post here. You will get a warning and your post will be deleted.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 pm

For concerned people.

Added a few pics to show how high the light is when turned on.
Also remember the backs of cars are heaps higher, but its only JUST on the window (if that)

I followed mum home last night and I asked her if there was anything wrong with me being behind and she said she didn't notice anything. This is the same mum who doesn't like driving at night because of headlights.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Quick questions ... if you have high and low HIDs installed, will you need to find space for 4 boxes? Also, can these be installed on just low beams, or do you need to install both high and low?

Thanks mate.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:42 pm

i want some but i dont need them right now. buying proper projector housings.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 pm

@ draevon, You can use for either hi or low or both. If you replace hi and low, there will be 4 boxes

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 pm

^ what he said.

@draevon
The ballast box's are quite slim but they do get a little toasty, but you could stack them up.
There is plenty of room behind the lights to mount 2 box's, and I have them stuck down with double sided tape :P

@Blakey
Projector housings would be ideal (as discussed other day) but as you can see from the pics, our standard headlights handle them very well, unlike some other cars.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 pm

doesn't matter i dont like the glare from non projector housed HID's. and i dont like people's cars that have them, its morally wrong that just to see better they can endanger every other person on the road.

it doesn't matter how low down you make then face, the glare out of them is enormous in halogen reflectors. i couldn't car how bright they are when I'm around them its just the glare, it stops you from seeing anything else on the road. they are just as bright as a projector housed HID, but the projector housed HID doesn't have the incredible glare.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm pretty tempted dude ... when would this be looking at going ahead? Are there minimum numbers for that price?

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

I am in for sure, make it easier to see through the national park
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

EEV00L
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby EEV00L » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 pm

im in for this when is it going ahead?

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey guys,

There is no minimum buyers at this price, its just easier to get them all at 1 time :)

Payment is either DD or Paypal.
Once payment is received they are ordered, tested and posted to you.
They do take a week or so to get in, just thought id at that in.

If your interested PM me for details.

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:32 pm

So blakey, would you recommend normal white halogens (or are they xenons?) like the PIAA super white or Philips X-treme powers?

Also, if we don't replace the hi-beams (just low beams) - what does that do to the throw of light when using hi-beams?
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 pm

milobob wrote:So blakey, would you recommend normal white halogens (or are they xenons?) like the PIAA super white or Philips X-treme powers?

Also, if we don't replace the hi-beams (just low beams) - what does that do to the throw of light when using hi-beams?

its better and nicer to other motorists if you want white lights to use a halogen bulb. not to mention its legal.

at 4200K bulb, is the White halogen colour. the Kelvin for HID is slightly higher at around 4800-5000K as they are brighter. and require alot more blue tinting.

white halogens you can get for depending on what brand you buy for around $60, i bought PIAA super whites $80 each. they can used in both low or high beam. where as if you buy other brands you have to make sure you get the 2 right sizes. HB3 and HB4

between stock and the White PIAA, and most other White bulbs, you get a heap better light output, as the PIAA halogens are brighter. then stock. as for throw. if you keep your stock high beams, then its the same. if you get white ones, its will be about the same, probably a little bit more.

halogens are good as they dont require ballasts like the HID's. and dont cost a bundle to buy. and you dont have to worry about your bulb breaking and screwing up your housing. or the increased heat from HID's

but yes if you are just after a LEGAL, white light look, a good set of 4200-4500K halogens are best. PIAA, Philips. any brand is good, but cheap no name ones would obviously have more chance of blowing then the more expensive branded ones.
(not always the case but most cheap things are made with less quality)
but either will work.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:03 am

BTW... I got pulled over for RBT tonight, no issues with HID's at all.

Return to “Group Buys Service”