***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* HID Lancer Group Buy

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am

Blakey wrote:halogens are good as they dont require ballasts like the HID's. and dont cost a bundle to buy. and you dont have to worry about your bulb breaking and screwing up your housing. or the increased heat from HID's

The above information is incorrect.

HID's don't use a filament...they burn a lot cooler...putting your housings at none if not less risk.

Also replacement HID's cost allot less then normal globes, less than $30 a pair. They also last alot longer, so the small extra purchase price more then makes up for replacing globes.

We would like to get some official orders in, so please PM me for payment details, and also include your address.

Payment can be made by any means, (CC VIA PP) but orders will only be made after payment has cleared.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

08VET
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 08VET » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 pm

Can I post cash money PLEASE I reaaaaally want these :(

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm

I just fitted a set of HID's to my bike (EVO has HID Standard) and they are awesome. Bit of a mission to fit them as you don't have the space available like you do with a car and that's even the slim ballast's which are half the size of the ones listed here.

Well worth doing for the cost.
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Frazza wrote:I just fitted a set of HID's to my bike (EVO has HID Standard) and they are awesome. Bit of a mission to fit them as you don't have the space available like you do with a car and that's even the slim ballast's which are half the size of the ones listed here.

Well worth doing for the cost.

yer but frazza, your bike had projectors. doesnt it? or are you talking about a different one. to the one you brought to the meet, i think it was a R1 wasn't it?
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

AOTR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby AOTR » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:43 am

Where can proper projector housings for HID be bought from? How much will it be? Would it be better if this group buy combine both the HID set and the projector housing together?

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:42 pm

You can buy Projector lights for around $800.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:12 pm

AOTR wrote:Where can proper projector housings for HID be bought from? How much will it be? Would it be better if this group buy combine both the HID set and the projector housing together?

there is only a few places that sell the only know in production Lancer Projector headlights. for a normal lancer. that doesnt have them to begine with. one place is AutoCityImports. however they do not ship to Aus, but i do belive ofey has gotten something for someone from them before. im sure if the demand was great enought, ofey would consider doing a GB on the Housings.
but the place that sells the Housings sells there own HID balasts cheaper then this with the purchase of there housings. the usual price is from around $1100 for a set to $800 for a set. depending on who you go through, if you get balasts on top of that, add an extra $70-$80, plus Postage. total would be Only Guessing around proably a 1250-1000, for a posted set, maybe more as i would expect postage from US to be around $40-$60 much like the cost of postage on the LED taillights.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:30 pm

These are the projector lights that he is talking about.

Remember that any color besides while (ish) is illegal so the only 1 that is legit in AUS is this one, and even that might not be because yellow is for blinkers and foggies only.

jstev89
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jstev89 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 am

Are these still available??

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 pm

i've got HID's on mine atm (low beam only) but am keen to do the hi-beam as well, so if i read the first post correctly - it is only $120 for a set of hi-beams?
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:44 pm

The prob with hi-beams is that HIDs take a while to 'warm' up so flashing probably won't work and is probably more dangerous as well as it takes time to light up the road completely.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Return to “Group Buys Service”