17%
Gear Shifter Boot
3%

Total votes: 29

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 pm

tryg wrote:Ofey, cannot see how its unfair if they want both... couldn't they just buy both...? Better still, they get a choice.

Well for one, not everyone has a deep wallet. The reason for the monthly group buy as opposed to weekly group buy is to help everyone "recharge" so they can buy a number of things.

tryg wrote:I guess the system is geared to appeal to the greater number buy, but the point is the rest of us just feel duped when some of those who vote pull out or change minds and we waste months waiting.

Sure there have been times we've had pull outs after one wins the poll.
If the EOI, the week after the poll doesn't even pull 5 votes, the next item in line will get pushed into place. So no month goes without a group buy.

However, why is this month any more special than any other month? I don't think anyone feels duped. Spare a though for the guy who wanted to buy the item that had only got 1 vote. So does he feel duped? Or the item that finishes 1 vote shy of 2nd place, should we entertain that too?
We have to draw the line somewhere.

tryg wrote: If we cannot get the exhausts, would you let someone else run one for those people still interested. Only thing is you have all the contacts.

As I said, I don't mind running 2. However the question is why this month would be any different from any other and have 2 run?

tryg wrote:Maybe running it like a business would be better, why are we limited? Possibly, once you make your minimum number stipulated by the trader, then we buy... I am sure you have tried this in the past, would be good to hear your thoughts on the whole deal...

We're NOT a store. We're a club. As a a club, we try to help everyone. Different people have different spending power. As I said above, by doing monthly group buys, it gives people a chance to recharge.

A point I made to someone else is that if we just had a flood of items all bought this month, then there's no point for group buys every month. We just dry up parts to buy and money to be spent. Not everyone has deep pockets.

You can't make everyone happy. And some members are more demanding than others. As I pointed out in another thread, some people want things to happen at their desired time. This month's group buy of filters is a case of this. Last month FYI, there was a now banned member who went round asking everyone to vote for the air filters (ironic she's no longer here). It did turn out to be a well supported item but the point I'm illustrating, some people just want things to happen so they get what they want, when they want and I don't know if its right to encourage that. It's like the kid in the playground who wants everything and everyone to go their way.

I am trying to run this in a fair way and initially, accusations of me choosing what item to buy was levelled at me as it seemed I was organising items which I wanted to buy myself. I then introduced the poll to be a little more fair. If anyone has any alternative, please let me know.

If its any assurance, In case the exhausts don't make it as the item polled this month, I will run it still since there's a number of interested parties.

Just my 2 cents.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:53 pm

May I suggest we group buy those aero twin wipers from bosch or any other brand for the next group buy? :)
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Milobob, I will add it to the next poll list i.e. Poll for March '10.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 pm

its a service that is offered by the club
and i think it has worked very well at time and i have been very happy with what we all have purchased

if anyone has a problem with how things are done take it to admin and they can discus it. it isnt something that needs to be sorted out here

love your work ofey

go team cj
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:39 pm

if you want something really badly , just buy it without a group buy :twisted:

if the group buy is there and i have interest , i'll of course support mr. chief ofey but if it's not there and i really want it , it's a sure buy :D

his putting so much effort into doing all this GBs, it's not easy !

PS : RALLIART GROUPBUY IS SERIOUS BUSINESS , CMON LADS
Last edited by PYLee on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:39 pm

if people have the money to buy 2 things at once then they have the money to buy it full price, and im sure ofey will be more then happy to do the business of getting it for you.

you have to remember ofey is doing this for the club. if you can do a better job buy supporting 2 or 3 GB at once then im sure ofey wont mind letting you. but when it all doesn't work. he will be there to show why he mainly does one GB at once.

GBs are there for people who cant afford it fullprice or want to save more of there money for more stuff.

say someone wants 2 things on a GB if they both get run at once so that person missout on the BG for that product. a GB for that product may not come up for a few months again. so that person is getting the shaft for something they want because they don't have the money for it.

where as doing them 1 at a time and some time between, people can get the money up for there next mod.

1month is a long time, maybe consider one every 2 or 3 weeks rather then a month, but it all depends on how people save for there mods,

like say have a GB for something expensive each month, then every 2 weeks have a BG for something cheaper

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 am

Blakey wrote:you have to remember ofey is doing this for the club. if you can do a better job buy supporting 2 or 3 GB at once then im sure ofey wont mind letting you. but when it all doesn't work. he will be there to show why he mainly does one GB at once.

It may well work to have 2->3 GBs a month BUT you can't just do it 1 month, you have to do it every month, else it'd be unfair since people can level accusations on you that you're just trying to get the things you want. And when things slow down, when people run out of funds, you'd be without a GB.

Blakey wrote:GBs are there for people who cant afford it fullprice or want to save more of there money for more stuff.

say someone wants 2 things on a GB if they both get run at once so that person missout on the BG for that product. a GB for that product may not come up for a few months again. so that person is getting the shaft for something they want because they don't have the money for it.

where as doing them 1 at a time and some time between, people can get the money up for there next mod.

Amen!

Blakey wrote:1month is a long time, maybe consider one every 2 or 3 weeks rather then a month, but it all depends on how people save for there mods,

like say have a GB for something expensive each month, then every 2 weeks have a BG for something cheaper

But what's expensive to some may not be expensive to another?

If people have spare cash rolling around, why can't they just put it in a bank and save it till their item comes up on a group buy? Here's UBank. 5.51%P.A., I try to save as much as I can in there and I can access it whenever I want.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am

Blakey wrote:you have to remember ofey is doing this for the club.

And me buying the items SHOULD be giving back to the club...

Blakey wrote:GBs are there for people who cant afford it fullprice or want to save more of there money for more stuff.

ofey wrote:Amen!

It's a noble thought, but GBs should also be aiming to prop up the club, like a business, it has costs. Its a narrow mind that cannot see that me buying from here WILL support the club.... If I buy full-price then the club misses out.

ofey wrote:If people have spare cash rolling around, why can't they just put it in a bank and save it till their item comes up on a group buy? Here's UBank. 5.51%P.A., I try to save as much as I can in there and I can access it whenever I want.

Thanks for the business lesson, why not leave out the sarcasm.

chrisb
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chrisb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 am

should do dual-port BOV and bucket seats group buy, that would be awesome as i want both and any discount on them would be sweet!!

Nicho
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Nicho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 am

Do you have any idea of what seats you are after?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 am

tryg wrote:And me buying the items SHOULD be giving back to the club...

We attempt as much as possible to just collect back the cost of the purchase. In some cases more remains but when I envisioned the group buys NEVER intended for it to "prop up the club"

tryg wrote:Its a narrow mind that cannot see that me buying from here WILL support the club.... If I buy full-price then the club misses out.

If you buy full price, yes the club does miss out on one sale but if it takes your one sale to make a difference between the life and death of the club, we have other problems.

tryg wrote:Thanks for the business lesson, why not leave out the sarcasm.

It wasn't meant to be sarcastic.
It was just to mention, that we save till the point we can afford something then we're on the market for it.
Again as I mentioned to you in PM, it seems you're unhappy at the way I express myself. For this I am truly sorry.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't worry about it Ofey. Please don't feel like you have to get in the last word in, everyone supports you.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 pm

ofey wrote:But what's expensive to some may not be expensive to another?

i ment for that to be as in cheap as in under 80. and not cheap as in over 400.

like the current GB that is on now for the Blitz filters that is a cheap GB as it is only $70 for the product at GB prices.

but with that there are things even cheaper. so to say like the Gear boot. its proably on its one say $40 posted. that would also be a good cheap GB.

that im sure a few people would like becaues it cheap and simple mod for there car.

maybe even start having every 2nd month have a mid month Gb for something cheap(under $80). cause that way people can get a few things in a month, but not have to hand out buckets of cash. and still being able to save for the more costly item.

but some people may not have the spare $80 or less for it, but it would be a good idea. for the people that want the cheaper stuff/ smaller mods like cheap apperance mods or lighting. even the drop in filters are fairly cheap. in a GB situation.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Personally, I think we should keep it at 1 a month.

These group buys are a lot of work to organise, and Ofey does have a day job remember.

Anyways I think it is time to keep this topic about what to do for Feb, and not about the nuts and bolts of groupbuys :)

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Nothing stopping Ofey from taking a back seat on one.. why does it have to be Ofey? I secured a price for the exhausts from LLT at cheaper prices, but it seems that the members' point of view is not regarded, as long as a committee member or mod gets the last word...

As long as I get support from the admins, for all those who want to save money, I am happy to advise. And, since there is no bearing on the club's revenue I cannot see why it shouldn't be...

We'll see...

Return to “Group Buys Service”