***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

COMPLETE - HKS Superfire Spark Plugs Group Buy!!!!!

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am

please pm me your account details so i can deposit the money
Uchiha Itachi

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:56 am

Joog123 wrote:What are the HKS specs, and what are the stock specs?

All very well to say they are to a certain spec, but if that spec isn't posted and explained I will find it hard to lay out that kind of cash.

I await your post.

Cheers
Joog

Hi Joog,

The NGK ones in our cars (some say Denso but mine are NGK) Have a .06mm Electrode. The HKS plugs have a .04mm electrode to give a more prescise spark.

Also where the NGK is irridium only, the HKS have platnium in addition to the irridium. It is claimed to give the spark plug better performance.

Like I said previously, these plugs are not going to make my ES perform like an EVO, but they are the best that money can buy, and especially if you decide to have your ECU tuned etc, then it could offer more benefits.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm

sorry lzy eye backing out of this group buy
Uchiha Itachi

Joog123

Postby Joog123 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm

lzy_eye wrote:
Joog123 wrote:What are the HKS specs, and what are the stock specs?

All very well to say they are to a certain spec, but if that spec isn't posted and explained I will find it hard to lay out that kind of cash.

I await your post.

Cheers
Joog

Hi Joog,

The NGK ones in our cars (some say Denso but mine are NGK) Have a .06mm Electrode. The HKS plugs have a .04mm electrode to give a more prescise spark.

Also where the NGK is irridium only, the HKS have platnium in addition to the irridium. It is claimed to give the spark plug better performance.

Like I said previously, these plugs are not going to make my ES perform like an EVO, but they are the best that money can buy, and especially if you decide to have your ECU tuned etc, then it could offer more benefits.

Are there any other details to go along with this. Like a fact sheet?

How does that .02 of a difference translate into real world "performance".

I mean $170 is quite a bit of money, and if it doesn't really do all that much maybe I am better off spending money on an airfilter / induction system if it will net better gains when you compare total cost vs total gains.

Just trying to get some perspective on this.

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:40 pm

I think with a part like this you have to think about it as a part of the bigger picture. $170 is quite a good price for the product we are getting but in terms of performance gain there are other mods that will provide more noticeable results - but they are also more expensive. I think that this is an essential part especially for that price.
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

Joog123

Postby Joog123 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:15 pm

infinite wrote:I think with a part like this you have to think about it as a part of the bigger picture. $170 is quite a good price for the product we are getting but in terms of performance gain there are other mods that will provide more noticeable results - but they are also more expensive. I think that this is an essential part especially for that price.

That's nice, but if you don't know what the picture looks like it's hard to see where this item really fits into it, do you not agree? Information is king, and while "ASK ANY TUNER PLUGS ARE ONE OF THE KEY POINTS OF PERFORMANCE" is typed in caps it's not exactly reassuring. Makes me think of those rug sale advertisements you see on TV with the really really annoying voice over and rapidly flashing images.

Who is to say in our cars 0.06 is not the right sized electrode and that 0.04 is actually going to make it worse? I for one have no idea about this sort of thing which is why I would like a little more information than the rug sale spiel given.

Not trying to be rude or difficult, but like I said just above - information is king.

I'd feel far more secure in purchasing a much more expensive CAI or exhaust than buying these spark plugs simply due to the fact that information is available to back up the claims.

Thanks
Joog

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Would these plugs work for 2.4litre?
ClubCJ's first Sportback

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi Joog,

There is nothing wrong at all with you wanting information, and I encourage it :)

At the end of the day, an exhaust upgrade or air filter is going to give you more gains than a sparkplug. I already have those mods personally, and looking at my next thing to change to try and squeeze a little more out of my engine without touching cams etc.

I am confident in the product, and I guess the reason that there is not more information about the differences in these spark plugs is because intakes and exhausts are more common.

HKS would not market these plugs for our cars if they made performance go backward, but ultimately you need to be confident in a product :)

JUSTJDM
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JUSTJDM » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 pm

ok people lets have the questions it is not fair to belittle someone who is trying to help the club in a group buy.

several members on here are for some reason making it harder for people to just get a clear answer on whats happening,

where as they just dribble crap

call it jealously
call it not in the lime light or purely dosen't want this GB to go ahead...

it will go ahead.

HKS PLUGS>

HKS M-Series Super Fire Racing spark plugs are high performance Iridium plugs designed to handle advanced levels of tuning and provide Improved ignition performance, durability and anti-carbon build-up

so you want to find out if these will provide you with loads of power...

They won't

what gains will you get out of it..?
they can aid in

better fuel eco

better and crisper ignition

Better response

how do plugs work in high performance scene?....

now these are a more efficent plug meaning it can take a brutal beating longer and harder than your factory unit.

what does platnium do?
this helps clean the plug and prevent a carbon build up and makes the plug ignite faster and harder.

How does a .4 over .6 differ over my factory unit?

The factory plug is a .4 setup
0.6mm Iridium Alloy Center Electrode
Iridium ACenter Electrode reduces voltage requirement as well as improving ignition performance and durability while under heavy loads.

..FACTS:

Iridium alloy is used because of its durability and reliability.

Outer Electrode with Platinum Chip
The Outer Electrode incorporates a tiny square platinum chip which improves durability and response,
and when used with the iridium center electrode boosts ignition performance creating a better combustion.

Short style Outer Electrode (Anti-Vibration)
The outer electrode has been shortened and engineered with the ideal shape to decrease weight for resistance against vibration.
This anti-vibration design improves longevity of the outer electrode, meaning your plug will last longer and perform in demanding conditions.

Thermal Edge
plugs get hot really hot...

After long idling or various combustion conditions (eg bad fuel stop start stop start the possible situation being carbon buildup can occur causing misfires.
this will cause "jumpy, coughing and a very pour ignition setup,
The Thermal Edge of the ceramic insulator will discharge to help decrease carbon deposits and create a better over all consistant ignition.

Spark Support Gap
Discharges will occur in the Spark Support Gap (space between the tip of insulator and the base of the outer electrode) to help prevent carbon buildup.
For reliable ignition, durability and anti-carbon buildup under high load.

On an average standard plug found in most ,
a narrow core typically shortens life span of plug but with the intense durability of iridium there is no sacrifice in any longevity.
With a high melting point of 2454 degrees C, opposed to the 1769 degrees C of white gold, the electrode can tolerate the high levels of compression and minor knocking without any deterioration.
This meaning your plugs will last longer and deal with harsher conditions.

A nickel coating on the housing also prevents the spark plug from premature deterioration. The Iridium plugs are available for multiple applications and offered in “colder” heat ranges of 7 and up

IF your unsure on any info above please feel free to call me or message me.

and to answer one more question/statment.

the ask any tuner plugs are one of the key points of tuning,
take it as you may,
i understand how that can come across,

but seriously I am not fussed wether you buy plugs or not.

I stand behind a product that i know works.

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 am

Great details JUST JDM +1
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

Joog123

Postby Joog123 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:59 am

JUSTJDM wrote:ok people lets have the questions it is not fair to belittle someone who is trying to help the club in a group buy.

several members on here are for some reason making it harder for people to just get a clear answer on whats happening,

where as they just dribble crap

call it jealously
call it not in the lime light or purely dosen't want this GB to go ahead...

it will go ahead.

HKS PLUGS>

HKS M-Series Super Fire Racing spark plugs are high performance Iridium plugs designed to handle advanced levels of tuning and provide Improved ignition performance, durability and anti-carbon build-up

so you want to find out if these will provide you with loads of power...

They won't

what gains will you get out of it..?
they can aid in

better fuel eco

better and crisper ignition

Better response

how do plugs work in high performance scene?....

now these are a more efficent plug meaning it can take a brutal beating longer and harder than your factory unit.

what does platnium do?
this helps clean the plug and prevent a carbon build up and makes the plug ignite faster and harder.

How does a .4 over .6 differ over my factory unit?

The factory plug is a .4 setup
0.6mm Iridium Alloy Center Electrode
Iridium ACenter Electrode reduces voltage requirement as well as improving ignition performance and durability while under heavy loads.

..FACTS:

Iridium alloy is used because of its durability and reliability.

Outer Electrode with Platinum Chip
The Outer Electrode incorporates a tiny square platinum chip which improves durability and response,
and when used with the iridium center electrode boosts ignition performance creating a better combustion.

Short style Outer Electrode (Anti-Vibration)
The outer electrode has been shortened and engineered with the ideal shape to decrease weight for resistance against vibration.
This anti-vibration design improves longevity of the outer electrode, meaning your plug will last longer and perform in demanding conditions.

Thermal Edge
plugs get hot really hot...

After long idling or various combustion conditions (eg bad fuel stop start stop start the possible situation being carbon buildup can occur causing misfires.
this will cause "jumpy, coughing and a very pour ignition setup,
The Thermal Edge of the ceramic insulator will discharge to help decrease carbon deposits and create a better over all consistant ignition.

Spark Support Gap
Discharges will occur in the Spark Support Gap (space between the tip of insulator and the base of the outer electrode) to help prevent carbon buildup.
For reliable ignition, durability and anti-carbon buildup under high load.

On an average standard plug found in most ,
a narrow core typically shortens life span of plug but with the intense durability of iridium there is no sacrifice in any longevity.
With a high melting point of 2454 degrees C, opposed to the 1769 degrees C of white gold, the electrode can tolerate the high levels of compression and minor knocking without any deterioration.
This meaning your plugs will last longer and deal with harsher conditions.

A nickel coating on the housing also prevents the spark plug from premature deterioration. The Iridium plugs are available for multiple applications and offered in “colder” heat ranges of 7 and up

IF your unsure on any info above please feel free to call me or message me.

and to answer one more question/statment.

the ask any tuner plugs are one of the key points of tuning,
take it as you may,
i understand how that can come across,

but seriously I am not fussed wether you buy plugs or not.

I stand behind a product that i know works.

Finally!! An answer with actual information.

I thought the day would never come, it seemed everyone else had blind faith in this product and simply wanted a HKS sticker for their car.

Much appreciated for the information, it's good to learn something new about our cars and the parts we are putting in them before we put them in.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 am

If I had an RA/EVO that was worked and boosted, then yes high performance plugs are a good idea, But on a stock Lancer, I don't think so.

High performance plugs are for high performance engines.

JUSTJDM
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JUSTJDM » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:59 am

Aspired,

all good you wanted the information and there it is,

but guys, i really find it is not fair to constantly grill someone who was trying to help the club, think of it this way,

if he didn't go out for you guys this whole thread would not of started.

anyway.

facts are there.

speak to LZYEYE for numbers and so forth.

and tech questions lets have them.

SkitZaY
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SkitZaY » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Great post JUSTJDM.

I am interested, but am still a bit unsure. From what I'm hearing, our CJs don't have bad plugs, is it worth the upgrade? I'm aware that the price for these plugs is quite good, but just in general is it worth the upgrade.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:40 pm

JUSTJDM wrote:Aspired,

all good you wanted the information and there it is,
I didn't ask for the information. I know enough about plugs to know that my engine is fine with the OEM plugs it has and I can spend that money on something else.

I stand by my comment that "High performance plugs are for high performance engines"

Which means that unless your engine is worked to the point where it actually needs more spark, there's no need to upgrade your plugs and if your engine was tuned to that point, you'll need more then just a set of plugs to help it out.

A stock Lancer does not NEED these plugs, your better off spending the money else where.

But as we all know, we don't always buy things based on what the car needs.
My car doesn't need a rear diffuser, But I bought one anyway. The plugs fall into the same category, The car doesn't need them but if you want to, there's no harm in putting them in.

Return to “Group Buys Service”