Moderator: Senior Moderators

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

*CLOSED* - ClubCJ / Custom Username Scuff Plates

Postby JazzyB » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 pm

NOTE: CURRENTLY TAKING EOI FOR 2ND ROUND - PRICING TO BE UPDATED

They're ready!
Thanks to some inspiration from our resident post-monster Tadz0rz and some engineering know-how from yours truly, I'm able to offer ClubCJ scuff plates and custom scuff plates for members of ClubCJ!!! - These are made of 3mm Aluminium plate, CNC machined and engraved and painted with gloss black enamel. Fixed to the car using 2 x 12mm strips of doublesided automotive tape, a set includes 4 scuff plates, 2 front and 2 rear. The plates will be available initially in a brushed finish or a polished finish. See pics for examples.

I must point out that these are aluminium and won't wear well if you say, go to the beach and rest sandy feet on them, they will scratch slightly easier than stainless steel ones but still serve their purpose by protecting your paintwork and if you are consious of them and don't go rubbing muddy/sandy feet on them they should easily last the life of the car!

The ClubCJ ones will look as follows with a BRUSHED FINISH:

I am still to complete a full set of ClubCJ plates with a polished finish, but here is my initial design (NOTE - the finished product will have exact same width stripes etc. as the above picture) Photo shows the plate mounted in position on the car.

Pricing on ClubCJ plates will be set at $*** + shipping (add $** for polished finish), this is a little higher than the OEM plates, but these take more work to produce and aren't simply 'stamped out' on a production line. There's a couple of hours in a set including machining, hand finishing and painting each set.

PLUS - some of your $$ will go towards the club to help with things like the site, club 'spotted' cards, and lots of other stuff that's good for all of us!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Custom plates:

There will be 2 types that we'll refer to, "full custom" and "half custom"

A "half custom" plate will be a club CJ set with your username or other text in place of the "ClubCJ.net" part, the "CJ" back plate will remain the same and the stripes on the front plate will remain the same.

Half Custom plates will be available for between $*** and $*** depending on difficulty and level of customisation (ie. back plates can be changed from "CJ" text which is standard)

The area for engraving is 180mm x 22.5mm - I have templates I can send, or you can send me a font and message you want inscribed OR if you have another idea that may work PM me ;-)

A "Full Custom" plate you can have whatever you want. These will all be quoted individually and can have text, pictures (not photos, has to be something that can be engraved, silhouetes work a treat! ;-)) in any combination on any part of the plate. Pricing will be based on what you want done. As a general rule of thumb, bigger, thicker lines are generally easier and thinner fiddly-bits are harder, and will be priced accordingly.

A full custom plate could just be a clubCJ plate with thicker lines, this would turn out around the price of a ClubCJ plate. Something that's completely engraved with fine-lined mural-art of some sort, may cost $300 or more, we'll have to see based on difficulty.

Feel free to make requests such as unpainted so that you can use body matched paint or something like that - I will let you know if it's possible or not and if I am able to adjust the price in accordance.

PM me to place orders for ClubCJ Scuff Plates, or if you would like to discuss a design of full custom plate, half custom plate or have any questions regarding the plates themselves (or just discuss it here!) This will be a limited run at this stage, I'm making a number of ClubCJ ones over the next few weeks and I'll take orders for customs in this period, once the run is over I'm going to have to stop for a while. I'll post up prices for the half customs and get those templates ready for people. PM me for the custom-plate template.

Thanks for all the support in the expression of interest thread ClubCJ!! - finally finished one of my projects for you!!! :-)

!!!UPDATE!!!

First Round Pics:

Last edited by JazzyB on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:31 pm

WOW! Awesome stuff.
Big Thanks to JazzyB & Tadz0rz for making these a reality!!

well done boys.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 pm

No problems at all oz. To think, this has grown from a little scuff plate vinyl which i thought was a little no0by design and idea and with the imagination and resources of jazzy, LOOK WHERE WE ARE!!!

Jazzy, im gunna shoot you a PM and organise a few things with my custom one :wink:

+2 for this mate, you've done wonders.

And honestly everyone, even though they are worth a little bit more than the OEM, think about it. You are getting something that represents your club and helps support it by making a contribution from the profits to go straight back into clubCJ to make more things like this possible. And trust me, and im sure ozie has seen these aswell, these look bloody awesome in person, you guys have no idea!!

DIG IN EVERYONE!! Limited run of these and you dont want to miss out!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 am

Is the edge sharp like the OEM ones or is it machined blunt? Hope you get my question. If you have OEM ones and you have broken edge strips you get what I mean lolz

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks guys! Really glad you liked the look of 'em tadz - thanks HEAPS for helping me with the idea / the pics etc + 2 for u too my blue buddy ;-)

Oz hasn't seen a set in person yet as I have the only set - but he wants to! :-P

Adrian,
There's no 'edge stripping' on these, but the steel doesn't contact the car body, only the tape does.
And yes I got what you mean, the plates in the above pics were hand finished with a rounded edges and the final product will have that rounded edge machined on rather than hand-filed, so if ANYTHING it'll look slightly more accurate than my above pics.

I'll get a close-up of this edge for you if you like mate ;-) but yes it's rounded, not sharp ;-)

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 am

[s]Nice work guys :)

I'll be in for a standard set of CJ plates... :twisted: RepresenT :twisted:

I've flicked a few PM's round and there seems to be some confusion surrounding who is compiling orders... I have notified the effected parties once this is rectified can we get an update please :?:

Cheers,
Krispy[/s]

EDIT: Resolved :) thanks JazzyB

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 am

Sorry but I'm struggling here to see where I'm involved in this sale. I got someone who claimed I was being dismissive when I said I was not involved in this, this morning.

I hope everyone notes that I'm NOT involved in this sale in any way. JazzyB had a chat with me prior and we agreed that it'd be best for him to handle this completely. In no way, did I want him or anyone to think that you'd be threading on my feet if you organise your own group buy. I will assist you by making suggestions but you don't have to listen to me.

This sale has my full support. As one of the mods here in Melbourne, JazzyB is a dependable guy and his products will reflect this, I'm sure of it.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:05 am

Jazzy, might just want to put up a list of what people want :wink:

Ie...

Orders...

1. Tadz0rz (Half Custom)
2. blah blah blah :P

GAH I GOTTA GO TO WORK I GOTTA GET OUTA HEREEEE!!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

Sorry Krispy,
Originally (when I was typing the first post) I was going to let Ofey handle the orders but since then we've discussed and I will be running the show myself. So people can PM me with any questions / orders relating to these scuff plates.

I pointed out to krispy too - there will be a few weeks between placing an order and the actual delivery date on these - they need to be manufactured still, and I will wait until we have a small group before machining them to keep the costs as low as they are.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 am

Looking good,

I'll hit you up for some half or full customs once I decide on a design/text :)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

drake89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby drake89 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:42 pm

as soon as i get paid ill put my name down! =)

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Updated first post with more detailed pricing of half-custom plates.

A basic half-custom ("CJ" back plate and clubCJ front plate with your text in place of "ClubCJ.net") will be $150 if it is of roughly similar thickness as the ClubCJ font.

Pimpmyhubcap
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pimpmyhubcap » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Pm sent Jazzy :D
2009 Red ES Lancer Sedan with 18" VRX Alloys and VR Lip Spoiler.
Next is..............shiny blingy things that are only seen when the door is open (missus sez WTF!!)

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:23 pm

I just finished polishing and painting my front plates :-)
upload pics later when I've cleaned em up a bit...
What are you going to be after drake?

People wanting full/half custom, don't hand me a design before you're sure it's what you're after, but DO try and be quick with designs as I will most probably make a few extra sets of ClubCJ ones for late-comers but can't do this with custom ones!

P.S. Some of the sales from custom plates go to the club too. I didn't mention this earlier ;-)

drake89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby drake89 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:41 pm

ill be after the half-custom... CJ"back plates and clubCJ front plates with drake89 where "ClubCJ.net" would be) will be $150 if it is of roughly similar thickness as the ClubCJ font.

ill be paying as soon as i get paid so yeah.

Return to “Group Buys Service”