***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Custom Username Scuff Plates Pre-Order

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Looking at the other pictures i have of the scuff plates, they APPEAR to be italic, but whether they are or not, i cant answer, JazzyB, Shed some light plz =)

Ill add you to the list Sir Adrian
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Thank you Tadzorious. my noble steed.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Rofl?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:09 pm

A noble steed is a horse belonging to royalty and the like.

So I have been knighted Sir Adrian, and you are the horse I guess :lol: you do all the hard work for me. That's what I was thinking at the time. But I may have failed harccore

back on topic:

if you can find out if the ClubCJ.net will be in italics like the website that would be great. I understand this is prototype, hence best to get the flaws out now rather than in production models.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:11 pm

Lol i know what you meant, i wasnt sure if i should have laughed or to have agreed with you.

But anyway. JazzyB should see this talking and be able to tell you if it is in italics or not. My guess is, even though it looks like it is, it probley isnt.

But as you said, seeing as though it is a prototype things will be changed, this will be one of them (if it needs to be)

Pimpmyhubcap
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pimpmyhubcap » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 am

I still want a set of these but want to see the difference in price between a normal set and "half custom" as you explained Jazzy. My wife likes the initial design I did before.

Cheers
Mick

2009 Red ES Lancer Sedan with 18" VRX Alloys and VR Lip Spoiler.
Next is..............shiny blingy things that are only seen when the door is open (missus sez WTF!!)

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 am

I removed the other 2 posts. We have a competition going at the moment, and double posting is having a zero tolerance at the moment.

That link doesnt go anywhere. I tried it in a web browser. When you link to a picture, you need to do:
[img]yoururl[/img]

On topic.... I might be interested in some ClubCJ ones.... does anyone want to buy my OEM ones!!!

Pimpmyhubcap
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pimpmyhubcap » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks for your help lzy-eye but it still wouldnt work with that instruction.

"I still want a set of these but want to see the difference in price between a normal set and "half custom" as you explained Jazzy. My wife likes the initial design I did before."

You can see my design on pg 3 of this thread.

Cheers
Mick

Next is..............shiny blingy things that are only seen when the door is open (missus sez WTF!!)

Pimpmyhubcap
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pimpmyhubcap » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 am

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah age - it's just not too obvious in the photos... very camera-phone the close-up pics... I'll have to take them to Tadz0rz house for some better shots ;-)

The brushed ones came up mickey-mouse with the black paint in the engraving - I'm actually leaning towards this style now as the engraving is much more prominent with the brushed finish (ie. imagine writing in black texta on a mirror, or on a brushed piece of metal - it's harder to read in the mirror because of reflection etc)
Hard to decide!

I'm just working on pricing of the ClubCJ ones right now, working with oz and some of the profits from clubCJ ones will go toward the club!

There will be a new topic started once I'm ready to take orders and I'll announce pricing for clubCJ ones and semi-custom ones (your name in place of "ClubCJ.Net"), final design, choice of finishes, and everything else you will need to / may want to know!

Is everyone happy with the look of the front plates? is there anything big I've stuffed up on and am overlooking?

I'm thinking slighly fatter stripes maybe... yes? They're 4mm wide on the pics but I'd say 6-8 will look good... And raise the top one up, spread them out a tiny bit more, make the logo ever so slightly bigger...

BTW for those interested, at this stage, unless something radical changes in the design, the area for your personalised text if you want this option will be around 160mm X 25mm

You can start designing a logo / quote / design in black and white (not greyscale, black and white) and I'll advise as to how difficult it is to do (in a nutshell, very skinny areas are hard, fat block letters are easiest) and how much it will likely cost to produce.

I recommend high resolution images - 1600 X 250 (or even double) would be a good size to work with. Low resolution WILL show up on the engraving. you can't just 'blow up' a small pic either - it will likely still be 'jagged'... Let me know if anyone needs help with this via PM or on here ;-)

UPDATE:::

WOW sorry - i was WAY slow with that reply and like 13 posts were made afterwards... I've been getting nagged to get into bed for the past 15 mins so I'm gonna run but I'll respond to people in the morn most probably - just let me get the clubCJ ones out of the way and I'll have a much better idea of how long things take and how much they'll cost!

Thanks for the interest guys - saturday's my next chance to work on these and I'm hoping to produce 1 or 2 full, final sets, one of which will be sent to Oz for the "ClubCJ Tick" lol - and... well one for me! :-)

And supposing the designs ok with oz - next week should hopefully be production... so not far off! I'll have the personalised ones all worked out by then too - fear not ;-)

G'nite folks!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:43 pm

I've still got some 2pack D06 paint left over so would it be possible not to have the engraving coloured. Then I can colour code to my car.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Sure would be ;-) I was considering that myself at first but decided I'd go black just for clarity - you could always do it black yourself if you didn't like the colour, just clean it off before it dries ay?

NOW I'm off 2 bed peeps - night!

I'll get some more details off you and get u a quote and rendering done soon Pimpmyhubcap - don't worry u won't miss out ;-)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:38 am

Shifted to the new thread here.

Locking this now.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “Group Buys Service”