*CLOSED* JDM Stuff Anyone?

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

*CLOSED* JDM Stuff Anyone?

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:09 pm

I've got a small window of opportunity to make this happen. All order must be in before the 3 July 2009. Sorry but I'm collaborating with the equivalent of me on another forum to get this done. These parts will come direct from Japan.

PIAA

In case you don't know who they are, look here. Now they make pretty good Halogen bulbs and also windscreen wipers. You should have seen their logo on some of the Mitsubishi WRC cars of the past.

Where are you going with all this?
The current Ralliart replacement bulbs sold by Mitsubishi Australia, christened the "Ralliart Extreme White Globes".
They're quoted by our club sponsor at A$160 after the reduction.

Did you actually know they're made by PIAA?
I don't know of any company distributing them in Australia besides Ralliart. (Let me know otherwise?)

They're available off eBay for US$80 shipped. That's about A$100.

I can get them for A$80 and will be getting 2 sets for myself (for low and high beam-s, both HBs).

Unfortunately, they don't come in H11 (fog lights).

Now I would probably be able to get any other PIAA parts.
I got my wipers from them.
and you might be interested in their horns.
If you're wondering what this one sounds like, click here.
Price offered = A$68 (collected in VIC)

eBay Price (delivered) = US$84.00 or A$105.00
Price offered: A$83 (collected in VIC)

So let me know if you'd like something.
Last edited by ofey on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:33 am

i am liking it all ofey,
i'm also interested into how those horns actually sound.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:09 am

Any idea on how they compare to the Philips range?

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:30 am

Why not just buy a set of Phillips Crytalvisions for $100?? They are 4300K and I really cant see this PIAA being any better quality than Phillips stuff.

:lol: @ "sports" horns, how many kW ATW do they add?

And with the their windscreen wipers whats the go with them (unfortunately japanese aint a language i speak :lol: ). I dont like the OEM wiper blades and am keen to replace them soon anyways.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:24 am

Ryan check out Bosch wiper blades, they are fantastic. Mitsu OEM ones are trash. I keep forgetting to buy them when I'm at supercheap/autobarn etc.

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5519.htm

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:12 pm

^ opinions are your strong point Ryan?

i would have to say..PIAA are a trusted Brand who only manufacture Automotive Products....unlike Phillips.
& i am not dissing Phillips in any way.
PIAA are an International company who have been around since 1963.

Sheeesh .... give ofey a chance as he is only trying to bring the Club Top Quality Products & Services.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Seriously, ryan and daveee, have you ever got anything nice to say?

Ofey organises great sponsers for this club and this club wouldnt be what it is today without him. If you aint into these lights, then go buy your phillips.

If i wernt so short on cash at the moment, i would have bought a set of these lights already. You cant be biast to one product without considering the history and name that this product already has.

This is no way to welcome this great new sponser.

So please, both of you, if you like your phillips headlights and your bosch wipers, keep it it yourselves and maybe you should be greatfull that some people who are deticated to making this club what it is have put alot of hard work into getting this sponser.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Calm down boys please.

I think everyone is entitled to their 2cents.

I've never really tried PIAA. There's no Australian Distributor but if you look on most Jap Rally cars, they always have the PIAA logo. Furthermore, they're the people Mitsu turn to for bulbs.

If you don't like them, don't buy them. If I had a comparison, I'd put them up. PIAA just doesn't seem to be very big outside of Japan. I know the American PIAA bulbs are shit compared to the JDM stuff but if we dont' try we won't know.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Edit: not even worth wasting my time on.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Ozie wrote:i would have to say..PIAA are a trusted Brand who only manufacture Automotive Products....unlike Phillips.
& i am not dissing Phillips in any way.
PIAA are an International company who have been around since 1963.

Sheeesh .... give ofey a chance as he is only trying to bring the Club Top Quality Products & Services.

:lol: Phillips are one of the largest manufacturers of lighting products, be it incandescent or discharge type lamps,and probably I am guessing have been around longer.

Considering I bought my set for $100 from Autobarn I daresay you could group buy them cheaper and if you are interested in bringing the club "the Club Top Quality Products & Services" you'd be open to considering Crystalvisions and not just chucking a dummy spit because someone mentions an alternative option to the PIAA bulbs.

tadz0rz wrote:Seriously, ryan and daveee, have you ever got anything nice to say?

Ofey organises great sponsers for this club and this club wouldnt be what it is today without him. If you aint into these lights, then go buy your phillips.

If i wernt so short on cash at the moment, i would have bought a set of these lights already. You cant be biast to one product without considering the history and name that this product already has.

This is no way to welcome this great new sponser.

So please, both of you, if you like your phillips headlights and your bosch wipers, keep it it yourselves and maybe you should be greatfull that some people who are deticated to making this club what it is have put alot of hard work into getting this sponser.

Ummm hello where does it say they are a sponsor??? For the record I have been running Crystalvisions about the last 10 months and have been VERY happy with them, hence why I would recommend them. I've never even heard of PIAA, but on the alternative I've heard heaps about Phillips car lighting stuff including the crystalvisions and have never heard a bad thing about them.

Another thing to consider is what if your PIAA bulbs turn up damaged in transit, unlike buying Crystalvisions locally you have no form of recourse unless maybe if you get shipping insurance.

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Ryan_C,

Like all Ofey's Group Buy posts, he is posting "offers" he is able to to do and asking anyone who is interested to let him know.

Whilst it is not wrong for you to post your opinions, I assumed you have never seen PIAA bulbs since you never heard of them, nor can you read japanese. Thus I don't see how you can based your judgement with "I really cant see this PIAA being any better quality than Phillips stuff", when you only heard, know and used Philips and not the other.

Philips is founded way longer than PIAA, but Philips does more than just Lightnings. PIAA is an maker focusing on automotive lights and car accessories. It all boils down to each individual preferences. There are some that like to go the extra mile to fit something different and unique.

Damage in Transit is a risk of all kinds of overseas purchase. If one is willing to purchase from overseas, then it a given that he or she is willing to take that risk and do whatever he or she can to insure over that during the purchase.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:43 pm

u got ur set of phiilips for $100........... i had a look at auto barn the other day it was like $140 up here >.< WTF lolz
Uchiha Itachi

qudans
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby qudans » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:45 pm

PIAA are a big company, well known for their quality (and high prices lol). I thought Philips Crystalvisions are technically not road legal either? Something along the lines of not being DOT approved?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Wow, I was away in the lab for one day and this really escalated didn't it?

First off, as I said everyone is entitled to their 2 cents.

As chief buyer, I'm just keeping everyone open to products. I really like unique products and with the case for the crystal visions, they're easily obtained in Australia, so no real need for me to activate group buys for those. But if someone feels strongly about it, I can start asking the questions. Anyone know anything else in Japan I should be asking about?

These are just what was made available to me by a mate who is in Japan. He's coming back next week and he was saying in JDM land, PIAA are the leading lighting manufacturer. I have no reason NOT to believe him as I've seen their names plastered on most Mitsubishi rally cars and since the Ralliart globes are also made by them, I thought quality shouldn't ever be in question.

Please don't ask about Mitsu parts since my friend doesn't drive a Mitsu and knows nothing about them. I'd much rather you ask him to get JDM items he knows well. Furthermore, no Mitsu parts dealer near him unlike the Autobacs he has outside his hostel!

Obviously, the risk is mine since if the bulbs break en route here, I'll have to cover the cost but I'm ok with it since my mate was saying he's packing it with the rest of his experimental equipment and that's worth way more than the bulbs.

We'll see I guess when I get them into the country.

Just asking then if anyone else wants some. I got a window till the 4th of July I guess. He touches down in Melbourne on 7 July.

Anyways, I've updated the prices for the horns which I'm tempted to go for considering what ebay puts them up for. Just would sound great when you honk someone in a car park.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Do these just hook up basicly the same as the stock horn with minimal cutting and splicing?

Or is there something special about the way their hooked up?
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Return to “Group Buys Service”