***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ Fundraiser - LANCER 3rd Brake Light Overlay

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:46 pm

I too have unlocked this to add my 2cents. Locking it back after this.

Alot of things we do to the car defect it. Even putting an aftermarket HID kit into your NON-HID head lamp is technically not right. Philips Crystal Visions are not legal but still they're the best selling replacement bulb.

We keep getting comments about breaking this rule or conforming to this ADR but really how often are you going to get pulled up because of something like that? I don't know many people who do. In the case of this overlay, it doesn't block out all the light and is still clearly seen.

CAIs are also not accepted but I don't go onto a group buy and get involved with it and then pass off this statute or law. I let whoever wants to buy it get on with it. If people want to be straight down the line with your car, leave it stock. Let others probe the boundaries. And if you get pulled over, just your luck. Don't tell the cops, "my car club got this for me".

More often than not, so long as you aren't being a dick lit up like a christmas tree and not >20kmh or 10dB over the limit, cops won't bother you.

As Josh said, Choice is important. The internet is the last bastion of free speech and I'm pro-choice. At the end of the day choice is left to the buyer - "Caveat emptor"
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:51 pm

The only reason I made my first post was because Ryan asked if they were illegal and he got a half-arsed answer from about 3 people.

I provided a factual answer, later on it was backed up with links to support my facts, as my facts were question numerious times by others.

I had no intention to put anybody off this at all, i was just answering the concerns and questions presented in this thread.

Adrian.

Return to “Group Buys Service”