***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Japanparts.com - Save on Group Ship!!

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

teduh
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby teduh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:33 pm

cant wait with jazzyB custom center console, hopefully easy to fit into my ES :)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm

If he gets it done before friday ill be the first to see it xD
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:31 pm

lol! I'm still waiting on the printer!!!!! (3d printer) to make the prototype - he said "early this week..." well it's tuesday! I'd say he'll be getting back to me tomoz... I can't friggen wait!!!!!

Altho this DOES look like a good option - ofey, I think you need the OTHER console lid from jap parts, there's a second one on there... this one (to me) looks as if it's to suit a VR/VRX console... see in the picture the console slopes upward toward the lid, the ES is pure-FLAT.... doesn't contour up like in the pic..... The other style looks good, but it eliminates half of the storage space!?!?

MAVERICK knows how they fit... I KNOW it - he was talking about it in another thread, so perhaps we ask him how it fits/works???

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Just cut and pasted this from me and jazzys meet thread but we were talking the subject of side mount kits. Can i suggest we do a group buy on the EVOX side mount kit? I can only assume it is the same as the standard lancer.

Japan parts has like a universal mounting bracket, its just a few pieces of metal that you drill into your bumper that you mount your licence plate on

Its in the EVOX section but i believe where the plate mounts, is virtually the same to the standard lancer. Maybe we can get ofey to organise a group buy for this?

Details here
Price is about $70 AUD + Shipping.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:41 pm

is that how oem evo mounts? I would think it'd be a solid piece of plastic rather than a metal mounting bracket... But hey, if these don't fit aussie plates off-the-shelf and you guys want i can modify them at work... If i'm doing mine i don't mind doing more at the same time ;-)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 pm

There is a solid plastic mount but i couldnt find it. Or maybe i just didnt see it. The RRM one is a solid plastic mount.

I think ofey has tried to get RRM onboard as a sponser but i dont know how that is going at the moment.

I suppose if it doesnt match the hole pattern on our plates, we can put a strip of sheet metal behind the part where all the holes are and drill our own holes.

Jazzy you probley know more about modifiying it more than me but thats how i would go about it :P:P

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:17 pm

For the plastic mounts there are screws available from mitsubishi which are self tapering and designed especially for this sort of thing. Not sure if they would fit this kind of bracket though.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:19 pm

What do you mean daveee? like self drilling screws? Never heard of that tapering screws...

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:47 pm

From EVOSOUL's ebay store for his license plate mount

2 Self Tapper Screws for drilling bracket into bumper (but using dealer scews are recommended)

Just a type of screw, which is good to use on plastic.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:55 pm

probably just a normal wood screw? drill a pilot hole (well i assume they'd need a pilot hole so you dont risk cracking the plastic) and then they tap the hole themselves?

Otherwise you get the metal screws which are self drilling and tapping, but for drilling into a soft plastic the thread might be too fine to grip well...

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:48 pm

tadz, tapping = 'threading'... so u don't need threaded holes in the number plate, just a plain hole, then the screws 'thread' it as they go in ;-)

Just like a plain woodscrew, yes...

I'd be interested to see if the RRM ones are solid or hollow... cos if they're solid plastic, I could 'slim-line' them to fit our plates no problems... it's just fitting the exact contour of the car I'd have troubles with...

How different in size are they to aussie plates?
Screw this! I'll mail 'em and find out :-)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:51 pm

I know in QLD you can get USA Sized plates. But they look odd.

Jazzy, there is a thread where it has posted the sizes of numberplates in most states.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:09 pm

I have emailed,
And i will search ;-)

Cheers sir...

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Well, i tried that side mount with the velcro, it worked...but it looked like shit.

I will post up a how to on how to do it later, i dont think anyone will really do it, but i was experimenting, some people might go for it, some wont. But it will be up later tonight.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Personally, I hate that metal bracket side mount. If you want to get those, I can help organise a group buy anyways. "The nail that sticks out gets hit" analogy comes to mind, with the bracket exposed by that much, it worries me that some goon will put his leg through it.

I on the other hand am attempting to get the UK version of their side mount through Speedie. Once I got that I was intending to do a mould of it and mass produce it for the Australian market.

Patience?
If you have other better ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “Group Buys Service”