***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ winter clothing - design proposals/discussion

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Syke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Syke » Tue May 14, 2013 3:27 pm

the hoodie will cover up the logo on the back. perhaps move it to the bottom?
Syke
One step closer to owning an Evo

Google Is Your Friend! Learn to embrace it...
Check Out My Garage
http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1054

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Wed May 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Syke wrote:the hoodie will cover up the logo on the back. perhaps move it to the bottom?

Good idea.

I've actually seen humans driving around wearing their hoodies UP, peripheral vision is not an issue for them... perhaps they think a mere 1/8 inch of fabric will help cushion the blow to their heads in the event of a side impact collision :?

Will have a go at some designs seeing I'm not too busy at work, piece of cake, should blow the existing designs right out of the water :P

(no not really, just an effort to rile them up when they read this, C'MON chop chop, pull your finger out and respond!)
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu May 16, 2013 12:12 am

First up...Love the design and the Mitsu diamond wouldnt be a problem with the copyright etc. (I would prefer that on the front) as it gets into third line forcing etc but that's a long boring story.
Maybe an idea would be to carry designs over from the t-shirt's as well, otherwise there wouldnt be any "Theme/Continuity" for this years clothing if you know what i mean?

No offence to anyone but are we jumping the gun here?...the T-shirts havnt even been finalised and were starting another project?
If the club were to go to a supplier with both the T-shirts and hoodies all at once the pricing would be better yea?.

Would i be correct in saying that the T-shirt idea/design started over a year ago? February 2012?
Is there some sort of wierd hold up?...im more than willing to help out to get things done. 15 months seems to be more than an extreme time frame to get a T-shirt made. Forgive me if im wrong on this but thats the way i saw the dates on the posts....maybe i missed something.
Im not the sort of person to bring up problems without offering a solution but i dont know what the 15 month hold up actually is, so i will put my hand up if anything is needed or if anyone wants a hand to get this done. Please flick me a PM who ever needs a hand so not to add to the thread...more than willing to help out.

Oh...and Mark had a good point with this.....

Syke wrote:the hoodie will cover up the logo on the back. perhaps move it to the bottom?

Well done Bon with the designs mate...Like the logo on the sleeve but the diamond on the front i think needs to be there......you may take a Chuppa Chup!!! :-)

Anyway...just my HO and 2 cents worth.

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Thu May 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Did some quick photoshopping

ImageImage

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Thu May 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Love the designs Jordain..the white one looks best cos the pics stand out more
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Jordain, that's bloody awesome. Now, that's the calibre of design we're looking for.
We could also look at a full colour option as well. I'll hit up one of our printers that does VersaTex digital printing (or similar), where they can do full colour but the print feels a bit vinyl-ey - but the colour is dynamic. Tho you definitely can't iron over it!
All comes down to what the members deem as appropriate cost.

evil.ralliart wrote:Please flick me a PM who ever needs a hand so not to add to the thread...more than willing to help out.
Peeps, please DO add to the thread, rather than PMing individuals privately, open collaboration hopefully will inspire people's ideas an get an evolution on various iterations of design.

Pete, I'll have to disagree with your premise. Use of an entity's logo without authorisation is ILLEGAL. Companies have immense brand value invested through their marketing. They are protective of such investments. As club president, I have to protect the club to the best of my ability. I don't accept armchair expert legal opinions, if you can provide me with legal opinion from a lawyer on a letterhead, I'm happy to change my stance. However I think the lawyers would be on my side on this point.
No idea how "Third line forcing" comes into this. Copyright has nothing to do with consumer law.
Here's what "third line forcing" is as per the ACCC:
Third line forcing occurs when a business will only supply goods or services, or give a particular price or discount on the condition that the purchaser buys goods or services from a particular third party. If the buyer refuses to comply with this condition, the business will refuse to supply them with goods or services.
In contrast to other types of exclusive dealing, third line forcing is prohibited no matter what its effect on competition.
Source: http://www.accc.gov.au/business/anti-co ... ve-dealing - If you have any problems with any of this, take it up with the MLO or me directly via PM, don't pollute this thread.

T-shirts and other such summer apparel are another project - they too will happen this year. You're right, it does not take 15 months to make anything. Many things have contributed to the project falling by the wayside, including this:
ofey wrote:Still waiting for graphic art work from former active members. No sign of it coming through though. Without the art work files, were quite jammed.
Source: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=307349#307349
I have a number of items on my agenda, including small item promotional merchandise and a calendar. I'll be taking a more "hands-on" approach this year to ensure a timely outcome on the deliverables.

So we're not jumping the gun with the hoodies, this project is making progress.

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:Did some quick photoshopping [img:07f254b9b4]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/1368679512_blackjumper.jpg[/img:07f254b9b4][img:07f254b9b4]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/1368679512_whitejumper.jpg[/img:07f254b9b4]

Thats looks sick as!!!! and i reckon our user names on the back ??
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 am

Glad you guys like it. does anyone know of the top of there head what font the club cj logo is in, I'm sure I have seen it on here but I can't seem to find it.

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Fri May 24, 2013 10:50 am

Syke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Syke » Fri May 24, 2013 11:18 am

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:Glad you guys like it. does anyone know of the top of there head what font the club cj logo is in, Im sure I have seen it on here but I cant seem to find it.

when doing the decal for my rear windscreen i found a font called Sofachrome which match it near exactly. only the 'J' didnt match as the standard font doesnt add the cross at the top.
Syke

One step closer to owning an Evo

Google Is Your Friend! Learn to embrace it...

Check Out My Garage

http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1054

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri May 24, 2013 11:21 am

the clubCJ logo font is a mattigins special, including the hook on the J.
vrx_pete should have it.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

I like that Jordain!

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

Oh really... Used SofaChrome for that last pic like skye said and just edited the J lol

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm

That looks awesome Jordan !!!
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri May 24, 2013 2:18 pm

jordain, although a good font it looks nothing like the CCJ font.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Return to “Group Buys Service”