Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

*CLOSED* LANCER New Style L.E.D. Tail Lights

Postby ofey » Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 pm

LED Tail Lights

Background
This arose from our proposed front lip purchase. The dealer Rick tried to sell us an LED Tail Lamp which would be forthcoming from China. They were first quoted @ A$760 delivered.
Being unsatisfied at the prospect of being ripped off, on behalf of the club, I attempted to source for an alternative route. Further quotes came in from another Sg dealer @ a group buy of 10 sets at A$650 each delivered to 1 address.

An Australian Distributor then contacted me to propose ~ A$555 delivered (at least 10 paxs) till I found the direct sales arm of the factory manufacturing these which pushed the costs even further down.

These lamps are now here with me in Melbourne, Australia and are available in both smoked and chrome designs. There is little differentiation between them but it's clear to see that at the edges, the chrome ones shine out more.

ADR
These lamps are ADR compliant. Their E-mark is taken as an equivalance to ADR. This is a well known fact. The last image on this post clearly displays the E-mark on these lamps.

Pricing
In Melbourne (Pick up COD)
Anyone = A$350.00

All other states (subject to change with shipping rates)
Anyone= A$370.00

Why buy from me?
Honestly? Because I'm one of you. I make next to nothing off these and took a big plunge in to secure this for the club. Other dealers will be getting them soon yes and if they tell you I'm expensive, consider that these lamps were air freighted here rather than sea freight.

My contract with the manufacturer gives an 18mth warranty on all sets I sell which is why I ask you for very detailed records. eBay sellers have only advertised 1yr warranty. If you think about it as well, I can rejig the 18months to when I sell the last tail lamp to extend your protection further. Commercially that won't be possible.

Furthermore, my contract with them allows me to buy individual sections should the unthinkable accident happens to you. I don't think any of them will be able to provide you that.

I do need to recover some of my risk which is why the markup is very low from what I've paid for it. Still it'll be lower than what commercially is available.

Edit:
I forgot to add that if you're disatisfied in any way with my pricing scale, please feel free to get in touch with me via PM to discuss. I will try my hardest to match the price you want to pay. In particular for those who are still in school.

FIRM Orders/Purchases:
VIC: Scott_VRX_Fan (Smoked), cjsig (Smoked), exaltd (Smoked), criteek(Smoked), tjoz(Smoked), hansmitchel (Smoked), pharmerben (Smoked), kinesis (Smoked), Alex.k (Smoked), CJChad (Smoked), r088ie15 (Smoked).
NSW: Ozie (Smoked), Mattigins (Smoked), mianbar (Smoked), pmjj(Smoked), SkitZaY (Smoked), asHxP (Smoked), lzy_eye (Smoked), lzy_eye2 (Smoked), bd-850 (Smoked), SAM-24A (Smoked), DORA'ANNE (Smoked), SPRKLS (Smoked), Concord Customs (Smoked), Klue2K (Chrome), greatapoc (Smoked), BDR-Boy(Smoked), Clone (Smoked), PsyTrix (Black).
QLD: Speedie (Chrome), plucka (Chrome), Blanka (Smoked), Blakey (Smoked), Speedie (Smoked), tryg (Chrome), draevon (Smoked), Blanka+Blakey (Smoked), Krispy (Smoked), Drake89 (Smoked), Rob_VRX (Smoked), Ray_Curren(Smoked).
SA: bungfritz (Smoked), marsh (Smoked), dingus (Smoked).
WA: altered_reality (Chrome), lancervr (Chrome), Mez (Smoked), zock (Smoked).

Overseas: USA+2, Belgium+1, NZ+1.
Total to date: 53 sold. (as at Sept 28 2010)

Images
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by ofey on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 am, edited 72 times in total.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Load Resistors

Now when you put on your LED tail lamps, some of you may encounter a problem that your cruise control will not engage and the warning: asking you to bring your car in for servicing.

This is NOT consistent in all trims. My Olympic Edition requires these load resistors whilst my brother's VRX and cjsig's ES both do not need them.

This is due to the fact that LEDs have very low resistances, your ECU thinks the globes in your car have blown. To fix this problem, I have included a pair of wirewound 180 ohm 5W resistors in your box. This will simulate the globes to the ECU.

Place them in between the red and black wires on the corner tail lamp units as shown:

You could use a pair of pliers to pull out the red and black wires and inserting them back with the resistor across them. This should then allow them to sit tightly within the case. Take care with this step and place them tightly as you will have to screw the socket back into the housing of the lamp and if unsecure, the resistor may come lose.

There should be no problems with the resistor over heating as I've hooked it up directly to a 12V supply for over 1hr and it's merely warm to the touch. Let alone the fact that there will only be a load across it when you depress your brakes.

Let me know if you have further problems.

Light Behaviour
The behaviour I've noticed are such:

With head lights on:
Left Facing Corner = on
Left Facing Boot = on
Right Facing Corner = on
Right Facing Boot = on

If at this point in time, you don't see the LEDs on the boot lids on, we already have a problem.

With head lights on:
Left Facing Corner = on
Left Facing Boot = on
Right Facing Corner = on
Right Facing Boot = on

With head lights off (brake depressed):
Left Facing Corner = On *Goes Brighter*
Left Facing Boot = off
Right Facing Corner = On *Goes Brighter*
Right Facing Boot = off
Last edited by ofey on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:06 pm

So do you have the smoked one or just the chrome ones?

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Rina2009
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Rina2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:18 pm

ok give me few days ill think about it more.. and get back to you.. but im sick of the red ones and these look better....

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Do you have a good picture of the smoked ones?

criteek
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby criteek » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Hey Ofey, will this be an ongoing sale? or just a once off?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Rina2009 wrote:im keen on these if other ppl are going to get to the 10

There's no 10. Anymore, I've circumvented dealers. The price to you is A$467.75 sent to premium members via Australia Post Registered/insured.

@Speedie:
Both Chrome and Smoked are available.

A picture of the smoked ones won't help as you really can't see any difference. The picture is useless. Honest. The dealer has said with the next set, the Chrome ones will come with a clearer lens. Even now the chrome ones look smoked.

The ones on my car are the chrome ones.

@ Criteek :
on going till I run out of stock then you'll have to purchase from 2 Australian distributors at their prices. Remember I don't have a shop front, I don't have overheads which means their prices will be much higher. I suspect I won't bring any others after this first sale since I'm not a company. This is a one off perhaps.

I'm also selling to some people in NZ and Europe. So stocks may flow rather quickly. Still the bulk of sales are suspected to come from Australia.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 pm

Awesome Stand By Sydney!!!
i will grab some ofey for the guys up here..

Rina2009
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Rina2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Ozie wrote:Awesome Stand By Sydney!!!
i will grab some ofey for the guys up here..

whats does that mean ozzie.... does that mean deliver is cheaper?

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Bill me for a chrome set plz
Last edited by Speedie on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:42 pm

yeah we will do a group buy to Sydney to save members up here a few dollars.
we need to get at least 6 people up here confirmed i have 2 definates.
1 X smoked & 1 x chrome.

what are you after Rina?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm not so sure how much cheaper shipping will be if I group shipped to Ozie.

Someone will still have to pick up the shipping bill. There will be a saving but it won't be substantial either.

I'd like to propose that each state (except Melbourne) co-ordinates an order and places it through their state Snr Mod and I'll ship to one address. I think that will help save a few dollars here and there.

This will also help establish our distribution network for future club buys.
Last edited by ofey on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 pm

$37 for shipping seems dear. If you group ship you'll probably be better off using a courier. For larger items they often work out to be cheaper than Aust. post.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:52 pm

its cool ofey, even if its like $1 or $2 thats better than nothing and a great result for Sydney members.
I mean these are a tremendous price anyways.

We gotta look after as many people as we can!!
especially the people up here in Sydney lol.!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Understood.

I will be meeting some couriers on Friday to sort out a shipment of 6 pieces to each state. It will give us a fair estimate on price.

Return to “Group Buys Service”