Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:23 pm

keen on the ITRONICS ITB-100HD unit.
Seems the best quality IMO.
Absolutely looking at at least 1 unit.
with a maybe on the 2nd one.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 am

Which reminds me, I should upload those videos I promised.... server migration got my attention this week. :( I'll do that shortlyl
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 am

Here they are - each file is around 41MB for 1 min segment.

This is full HD @ 1920 x 1080
Video data rate is 500kbps at 24 frames/sec

This is the early morning around 7am
http://clubcj.net/evt_20130101_055624.avi

These are two back to back clips of driving at dusk at around 7:30pm
http://clubcj.net/rec_20121231_183125.avi
http://clubcj.net/rec_20121231_183325.avi

The video files are straight off the camera itself.

The video files do not contain any GPS data. These are stored in separate files. The custom app is able to marry the data from the video and the GPS logging so the app presents to you the full details.

Note! There is no MacOS version of the app - so it's all Microsoft Windows!!
However you can still view the video files as 1 min segments on your MacOS device by mounting the SD card as a drive on your Mac.

Why 1 minute segments? There is a good technical reason for that I am told. The cams store the video in temporary buffer memory and need to "flush" that data and write it to the SD card. On some devices, if the buffered file is too big, because it takes "so long" to write to the SD card that during this write process and flushing of the buffer a second or a few of fresh "live" video can be missed. So rather than buffer large chunks of video, best to flush it more frequent intervals so minimise the window of opportunity of missing video.

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Sam, I've not got on myself. yet. My work colleague is the one who just so happened to recently buy an ITB-100HD unit and has been looking at various units for a while so he's done his homework.

He's mounted his just to the right of his rear view mirror. It's recommended you place it fairly central so you have a complete view of what is going on in the event of an incident. Placing it to far on one side or the other will not capture the true field of vision as seen from a driver's perspective.

ImageImage

napkins1
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby napkins1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 am

I have a Autoblack box http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/ Which is actually quite a good camera. The HD is really worth it though, i just have a standard def one which isnt great at reading number plates and such so the HD one is worth it but you do pay more for them.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am

I think we've narrowed it down to 2 models:

Blackvue's DR400G
and
ITRONICS ITB-100HD

Those who have a strongly formed opinion should make it clear why one model should be picked over another. So please do a comparison if you can and justify why one should be picked over the other?

From the quotes I've seen so far, there's not much price difference between the 2. It's just a question of which features is more appealing or more reliable. We've had a number of you share your POVs.

To get the best price possible. We need to agree on which one to buy. We will never get a good price going for both.

I will be starting a poll soon.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 am

Add my interest please :)

I like the physical design of the blackvue unit, but not fussed if its' the ITB. As long as they're good quality reliable units that can withstand hot sun.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

smokie
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby smokie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 am

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there and how big of a chance that people can see we're you have driven or how you drive. I tend to drive in an aggressive manor if I'm on my way to the fire station for a fire-call
25*C, window down with the iPod playing

chukatsung
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chukatsung » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 am

Yea need to confirm the operating tempreture of these cameras

My $40 china-brand one tends to lose its cool when it is under the hot sun
I make vinyl stickers!
PM me for details
Or Click here to visit my Facebook page

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 am

Chopa wrote: Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there and how big of a chance that people can see we're you have driven or how you drive. I tend to drive in an aggressive manor if I'm on my way to the fire station for a fire-call

It will record everything whilst driving, but you could plug the camera lens with blu-tack when you turn into a superhero and save lives :P... it will record only audio - screeching tyres, swearing from you, beeps from other motorists, swearing from other motorists....
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

kalt wrote:[quote:10fe83628b=Chopa] Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there and how big of a chance that people can see were you have driven or how you drive. I tend to drive in an aggressive manor if Im on my way to the fire station for a fire-call[/quote:10fe83628b] It will record everything whilst driving, but you could plug the camera lens with blu-tack when you turn into a superhero and save lives :P... it will record only audio - screeching tyres, swearing from you, beeps from other motorists, swearing from other motorists....

hahaha... in honesty though. As an emergency worker going to attend something... I would think you have the discretion of driving aggressively.

chukatsung wrote:Yea need to confirm the operating tempreture of these cameras My $40 china-brand one tends to lose its cool when it is under the hot sun

And I think this is a good point. I'd probably be tempted to leave my camera in the car long term and only take it out every now and then to download the videos... probably not even that if there was no need for it. I'd be wondeering how this would affect the unit. Especially now during summer
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:20 pm

I m keen for the Blackvue.... as I prefer the look of it but i presume none of these units have internal batteries? As i dont want waires dangling in my car or hardwiring it....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Return to “Group Buys Service”