*CLOSED* Road Race Motorsports Parts Grp Ship

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

*CLOSED* Road Race Motorsports Parts Grp Ship

Postby ofey » Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am

This is slightly edited. With the rise of the A$ Vs US$, I'm looking to organise a group buy of items from RRM. As many will know I have been championing the cause of the Timing module described below. Some other people on our board have asked about the transmission cooler or even body kit parts.

I am definitely ordering the timing module and b3n87 has also thought about the transmission cooler.

If anyone else wants anything from RRM, please post up!

Background
On our own board here.
Reading on EvolutionM:
a)ROAD/RACE- Timing Control Box OFFICAL RELEASE
b)ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power
c)Road Race Timing Module Testimonial

Costs
Regular Price : US$253/-
Regular Shipping: ~ US$40/-

@ the current ballpark price of US$300 = A$500, it's half the price of the Haltech Interceptor.

Realistically speaking though, unless you're going to track your car, you won't need twice the amount to invest in a Haltech but if you're going to splice your wires for the Piggy Back ECU, then yes you should invest a Haltech instead. I on the other hand will not be splicing the wires to my ECU.

*Expression of Interest*
I would suppose at least 5 people before I can make this a reality. I'm going to push for at least a 5% mark down (minimum) from the regular price and group shipping per state to help save costs.

EOIs: ofey

Comments
Plug and play install.
Reported CEL problems were proven not to arise from the part but caused by the owner's car itself.

Can I see a show of hands then?
Last edited by ofey on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Tue May 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Isn't US fuel different octane levels??

Also given the company cant even make a set of extractors that dont fail within 2 weeks (and the subsequent lack of customer service or care for their products failing), I'd hardly be trusting the mob to make something that interferes with the Lancer's ECU.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if the ECU logs data and there would be abnominalies that Mitsubishi would notice even if you removed this before a warranty claim.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue May 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Ryan_C wrote:Isn't US fuel different octane levels??

Also given the company cant even make a set of extractors that dont fail within 2 weeks (and the subsequent lack of customer service or care for their products failing), I'd hardly be trusting the mob to make something that interferes with the Lancer's ECU.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if the ECU logs data and there would be abnominalies that Mitsubishi would notice even if you removed this before a warranty claim.

I'm asking the RRM guys to join us as sponsors. Even if they don't, I've asked for them to come onto the thread to answer a few statements you've made.

Alot of the American guys on EvolutionM and also here have this on their ride and most people have nothing but praise for them. The CEL report you told me about was resolved in one of those threads and the car itself was at fault.

I'm not in a position to respond but the concerns you raise concern me too. RRM will be on to respond to them soon I hope.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed May 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Getting a response as a prospective customer off RRM is easy.

Getting any help from them when their part fails is another matter, they even denied that the extractor issue was anything other than a one off occurence. Their best solution was for me to pay $80 to remove them, $100 to ship them back and then (if they even did return them to me) $80 to put them back on and there was no gaurantee they werent going to use the same cheap and crap flex joint which would only fail again. In the end I had to just pay the $220 to get an exhaust shop to weld a decent quality joint in.

I never mentioned anything to you previously about the C.E.L.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:33 am

Hey Ryan,
Yes US octane ratings are diff than ours, lower in fact,go figure.

Our regular unleaded is 91 octane.
Our premium is usually 95 but some chains,only 2 I believe sell 98 octane.

US fuels are 3 grades (there are some small variations in certain states) In California and most states--

regular= 87 octane
mid grade= 89 octane
premium = 91 octane
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Fri May 08, 2009 9:26 am

Aust fuel is measured in RON whereas US fuels take the RON and MON into account, resulting in their octane ratings being lower. Not sure how much difference it makes though.....

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:15 pm

This is slightly edited.
With the rise of the A$ Vs US$, I'm looking to organise a group buy of items from RRM. As many will know I have been championing the cause of the Timing module described below. Some other people on our board have asked about the transmission cooler or even body kit parts.

I am definitely ordering the timing module and b3n87 has also thought about the transmission cooler.

If anyone else wants anything from RRM, please post up and we can save on shipping and perhaps the bulk buy.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Have you actually spoken to them at all ofey? I'm still waiting on a response for an email I sent them over 2 weeks ago..

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:58 am

Closed due to lack of interest

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 am

Right, my brother has a desire to buy the Advanced Timing Module from RRM and i'm in contact with them now. They're waiting for my email to order.

Good time to buy now as our dollar now gets US$0.88. Highest since August 2008 when I got my sound deadening!

If anyone else (Aspired?) wants something from them, speak now!

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:33 am

what does this thing do exactly ?
Uchiha Itachi

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 am

Well claims to advance the MIVEC electronically. So it will kick in much earlier. Alot of debate about it.

They do sell much more than that you know... .

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am

ofey wrote:Well claims to advance the MIVEC electronically. So it will kick in much earlier. Alot of debate about it.

They do sell much more than that you know... .

thats good to know but will it kick harder, cos i dont even feel my mivec or know when my mivec kicks in lolz
Uchiha Itachi

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 am

MIVEC tends to kick in about 3500-4000RPM I think.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:48 am

I haven't really "felt" the MIVEC, does it feel different when it kicks in? I use a CVT model.

I may be interested in the CVT transmission cooler though.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Return to “Group Buys Service”