***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* 7" DVD/SAT Nav GB (ROF1703N-1) - DEC'12

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Well guys I've seen 2 of these units one with CANBUS, and they are both exactly the same, even the way they both fit in the dash.

Mine works great. There are a couple of things I haven't figured out yet, but overall I'm very happy with the unit and it does everything it said it would.

I'm not saying other people won't have problems but I spent a bit of time with mine, and while the interface can be frustrating it does work.

Erin, did you connect the ground wire with the circle connector? I'm pretty sure that you did. Cam showed me that he used the CANBUS harness and it didn't have the ill+ and ground wire. So we figured the illumination required the ground wire to be connected to get the fascia lights working.

Adam can you explain "video in motion"? So far I got my HU working the way I like.

I'm going to try and use the remote control to see if that has any hidden features.

brendon1555
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby brendon1555 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

So far the only issues I have had with mine is the iPod program taking a while to realise the iPod is connected. It eventually does work though.
Also playing music from a USB seems a bit touch and go. I've managed to get it to work once, but when I started the car again it just didn't start playing. This might be my USB thumb drives fault so I may need to try some others. Not sure if this 40+ degree heat has anything to do with the unit being a bit slow. My car is a bit like an oven every time I get in it at the moment.
Lastly, is the gps supposed to give you verbal directions? Like "Turn right in 500 meters"? Because mine didn't and wasn't sure if it was meant to or not.
Silver 2010 Lancer ES

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Actually some good points above:

I haven't tried a USB drive, or SD card yet.

I did have voice directions, but after I updated the maps I haven't got them. I wonder if lordfaquar does get them?

I've only got an iphone 4 to work with the HU ipod cable

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

OK I just figured out that the Aussie voice (jennifer) doesn't do turn by turn navigation instructions. When I changed back to the US voice (Amy) I got turn by turn back.

In the "detect" menu screen there is an option for "brake detect" if you turn this on then you get the "safe driving" box over the nav.

There is also a "safety" mode that can be set that doesn't allow video playback when the car is moving.

Don't need canbus for the safety stuff, although it would probably enhance/enable some other safety feature if you do have it.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:44 pm

hey i watched the video, have you added different features? How do you do this? Is it just a case of download the bits and throw it in the folders?

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah I appreciate the effort heaps. Thank you :D

It adds value to the unit, and the navigation is already one of the best parts.
It's good to know this is customizable software.

Also the trip meter and track logs are really handy, I can see my self recording my run to work and working out which is the quickest/shortest route.

I'm having so much fun with this, it's a shame that some peeps are having problems. *noidea*

Return to “Group Buys Service”