***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Top Quality Header for Lancer sourced from Jp GB

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

starryvoyage
INACTIVE Member Account

*CLOSED* Top Quality Header for Lancer sourced from Jp GB

Postby starryvoyage » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:52 pm

How many of yous wanna a get a 4-2-1 header for 2008,09 CJ Lancer? The header will be sourced from SRD a renown local manufacture in Japan(but no matching with HKS etc otherwise the price would be %^$#&)

main features:
1, significant improvement on throttle response, tuned to increase torque & power full range of RPM
2, top quality fabriaction & ceramic powdercoated, quality is excellent compared to RRM header ;
3, most importantly, price will be very friendly depending how many pcs we are ordering. consider RRM's header is $580+shipping, you could expect it will be much cheaper then RRM's.

i will put up some photos & figures as more info come to hand.

just need to see how many ppl wanting it...

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 am

can someone explain
1) what IS a 4-2-1 header?
2) installation - easy hard quick lengthy?

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:11 am

4-2-1 mean it starts as 4 pipes, then becomes 2 pipes, then finally 1 pipe.
Installation...um well it depends on the individual. If u know wat ur doing then it will be maybe 15 mins.

Weight loss, tuning

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:43 am

> \_
> /

So that sorta shape?

And what kinda gains to expect? and where does it go lol

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:05 am

I don't want to sound like I'm rivalling this but the guy who is selling us the bodykits has also developed a 4-2-1 header. This is currently being dyno-ed in the US. I will be getting the results and sharing it here as well.

Furthermore, the company who will be selling us the K&N filter will also be putting one up for consideration so we'll have quite a few to consider. They're currently dyno-ing theirs as well.

Do remember that changing the header immediately voids your MMA drivetrain warranty.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Installation is 30-60mins with a hoist, otherwise longer if you only on stands. Exhaust shops will charge around an hours labour to do it.

As for warranty the Mitsu dealer didnt seem to fussed and was trying to tell me I wasted my money because they dont do anything (if u say so :lol: )... The car has that many fucking sensors that if it doesnt spit a CEL well then it cant really be doing anything bad to the motor, if anything it's better as it lets the exhaust gases exit the motor freely. The only reason that manufacturers dont put headers in, in the first place is cost. A cast manifold is cheaper than tuned extractors to make.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Unless something has changed, the people doing the K&N Air filters for us get their headers/extractors from Liverpool Exhaust - which are another option for our exhaust group buy.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 am

My exhaust shop checked with Liverpoool late last year and they didnt sell them for CJ and didnt yet have plans too....

Although this may have changed by now.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:29 am

I know they supply RPW for all their other headers for lancers, and RPW were trying to get a test car a while back on MCA.

So they probably wont be selling them until RPW finish their testing.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:52 pm

just got a email from rpw they need a test car b4 they start mass producing the extractors
Uchiha Itachi

starryvoyage
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby starryvoyage » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:03 am

Please feel free to add comments or other sources if you can find one cheaper & better , as i am just trying to get a good header for my lancer other than the ones that available now on the market .

I like RRM's stuffs but dont really trust their header because many said its quality is bad and joints & welding realy doesnt look that nice on the picture. moreover its a bit pricy... then i turned to RPW. since last year we have been hoping them to release their header now its alreayd 10 months+ and their still have no idea of when it will be out for sale... so lately i found this workshop from a friend:

now they ask me to wait about 2 month as they are final testing it, if its urgent (provided we are ordering big quantity) they can get the enginering team to speed up or put it at higher priority.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 am

starryvoyage wrote:Please feel free to add comments or other sources if you can find one cheaper & better , as i am just trying to get a good header for my lancer other than the ones that available now on the market .

I like RRM's stuffs but dont really trust their header because many said its quality is bad and joints & welding realy doesnt look that nice on the picture. moreover its a bit pricy... then i turned to RPW. since last year we have been hoping them to release their header now its alreayd 10 months+ and their still have no idea of when it will be out for sale... so lately i found this workshop from a friend:

now they ask me to wait about 2 month as they are final testing it, if its urgent (provided we are ordering big quantity) they can get the enginering team to speed up or put it at higher priority.

sounds good any pics yet? been waiting forever for these things to come out, been asking rpw but they keep saying they dont have a car to test their extractors on >.< so yeh if the quality is good for sure i will be interested
Uchiha Itachi

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am

blanka wrote:just got a email from rpw they need a test car b4 they start mass producing the extractors

Yeah they have posted it a fair few times on MCA.

I think they were offering the set really really cheaply to the person who could donate their car for a few days.

Whoever is in Perth should jump on that like no tomorrow!

Mitsiman
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Mitsiman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:05 am

We would begin mass production of our headers tomorrow if we could just find someone, anyone to bring a car to us to check them on. They don't even have to stay on the car, we just need a dummy car to check for fitment.

Its been very frustrating. We have had two people who pulled out at the last moment? I just don't understnd how it could be so hard to find a test fitter for smething everyone wants.

But to finish off, I can garauntee our header design will exceed anything else on the market as we are not making something that "Just" fits, its a complete new design utilising drag racing technology
For urgent replies to PM's contact via phone

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 pm

if only i was in perth lolz, comom perth cj owners we want those extractors lolz
Uchiha Itachi

Return to “Group Buys Service”