***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Lowering Springs Group Buy

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:12 pm

The springs are the same I've been told...

The older model CH lancers were different between 2.0 and 2.4 models

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:54 pm

I was told today that King Springs do not have springs for the 09 2.4L CJ and that they are different to the 08 2.0L CJ, which they do have springs for.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Apparently, I've got off the phone with Eibach australia and seems SIR-VRX is right. There is no difference between the 2.0L and 2.4L CJ VRX/Ralliart. Same springs.

Only difference is on the EVO X. Their's is completely different

So Aspired, I think it's best we leave you out of this group buy until you can get some confirmation.

If Aspired is out of this, I will need 2 more people:
1. ofey
2. b3n87
3. Scott_VRX_Fan

Minimum order is 5. Anymore of you for Eibach Pro Kits?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

joec
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby joec » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi i'm keen on Eibach Pro Kit Spring for my ES MY09 2.0

Whats the arrangement so far on the installation cost on a group basis in Victoria?

Thanks

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:29 pm

There are currently no group install arrangement. I may not take part in a group install as I have my own guy I'd like to go to. I will probably install them with my rotors and brakes from RDA and my GReddy or Borla Exhaust so ... .

We'll only have group buy and group ship.
Right I'm adding your name to the list.

1. ofey
2. b3n87
3. Scott_VRX_Fan
4. joec

One more to go. 6 weeks lead time, so hurry up boys!

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

joec
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby joec » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Sure..anyway i don't mind tagging with any one of the five to do group installation of the eibach coil. Just PM me.

Cheers

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

One more c'mon!

Those that are certain, can I ask you guys to pay up? I want to close this on Friday.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Aspired wrote:I was told today that King Springs do not have springs for the 09 2.4L CJ and that they are different to the 08 2.0L CJ, which they do have springs for.

I have king springs on my 2.4L 09.

SIR-VRX wrote:Just get King Springs... Aussie made (Gold Coast) and a half the price of these at about $300 for all 4. I have had them before and they do the job perfectly!

Not often that I disagree with you dude, but not on our cars unless you change shocks too (KYB have some available - not sure whether they are OEM replacement orientated or performance orientated so hard to say if they would suit the springs).

The Eibachs have a less severe drop than the King Springs from memory, so would be better suited.

Not sure if that warrants the difference in cost - if you were serious you'd get coilovers ($1300~ installed for BC Racing), which is a better investment than the price of the Eibachs for my mind anyway.

---------- not intending to put people of the eibachs or this group buy, they are a fantastic product, simply stating my opinion on King Springs etc ----------

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm

From my WRX days King Springs are a good product, they do a lot of testing to get there springs right so both products are very good. If you intend to do some track work then get coilovers but for street use forget it, buy a good set of shocks and some sway bars, save your money.

I'd love to lower the Evo just for the look but the MR already comes with Bilstein shocks and Eibachs spring so it does handle like you wouldn't believe and i don't want to change that. Either way Eibachs or Kings they are both good products.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 pm

so withought been bothered reasing all teh pages whats the latest on this... I can get some tein stech springs from ebaymotors in the US for $230+ postage and there 2.1" front and 1.7" rear i believe.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

daveee wrote:
Aspired wrote:I was told today that King Springs do not have springs for the 09 2.4L CJ and that they are different to the 08 2.0L CJ, which they do have springs for.

I have king springs on my 2.4L 09.

SIR-VRX wrote:Just get King Springs... Aussie made (Gold Coast) and a half the price of these at about $300 for all 4. I have had them before and they do the job perfectly!

Not often that I disagree with you dude, but not on our cars unless you change shocks too (KYB have some available - not sure whether they are OEM replacement orientated or performance orientated so hard to say if they would suit the springs).

The Eibachs have a less severe drop than the King Springs from memory, so would be better suited.

Not sure if that warrants the difference in cost - if you were serious you'd get coilovers ($1300~ installed for BC Racing), which is a better investment than the price of the Eibachs for my mind anyway.

---------- not intending to put people of the eibachs or this group buy, they are a fantastic product, simply stating my opinion on King Springs etc ----------

King Springs "Lows" are ok for use with standard shocks. Yes, not 100% perfect, but still not going to cause any dramas or too much premature wear.

"Super Lows" however will wear out a shock faster than you can say "Uleh"

Scott_VRX_Fan
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Scott_VRX_Fan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:37 pm

lol, these springs are worse than a women on her honeymoon.

on, off, on, off, on, off

so ... whats the latest?

its on? and at what price?
Mods Completed
ANZ Tazer 18" Wheels, Rear LED Tailights, GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit Suspension 1.2" Front 0.8" Rear

Mods To Be Completed
Front Bumper Upgrade

Mods in Development
Brembo Brakes, Rear Wing, Bonnet, Inbuilt Sat Nav

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:46 pm

It's on. For now it's A$490 delivered.

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:58 pm

ofey wrote:It's on. For now it's A$490 delivered.

But not for EVO's DOH!!

b3n87
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby b3n87 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:59 pm

sounds good whos your install guy is he willing to do others? weekends most likely

Return to “Group Buys Service”