For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

*CLOSED* Subyclub ECUdatascan GB *CLOSED*

Postby bd-850 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

i have had the Go Ahead from Ofey.

reviews from alot of Subaru owners there are a great little unit, The GPS is a good Feature and works surprisingly well.

Hey guys,

We're planning a Suby Club group buy on some ECU Datascan Monitor/Digital Gauges.

Want real time OBD2 feedback, clear fault codes, data log, receive operating data but don't want to mount gauges? Then you need an ECU Datascan (* more info below). The ECU Datascan is a powerful monitoring and diagnostics tool that combines many useful functions that would normally require several different tools.

Learn more about the ECU Datascan here

The pricing is as follows:

$399 normal RRP per unit

$350 inc shipping for 5+ units

$315 inc shipping for 10+ units

The savings on 10+ is huge at 21% off RRP so we should really try and push to that number to get the most from the group buy. Tell your mates & spread the word.

I'll leave this group buy open until Saturday 31st of March. Hopefully we can get over 10+ units to take advantage of the larger discount but it will still be going ahead if we get over 5 units. Once we confirm numbers i'll send out payment details for payment. When all payments are received i will place the final order. ECU Datascan will send the unit directly to you (will be shipped within 3 working days).

Don't forget, the cut of for this group buy is Saturday 31st of March. If your keen, register your interest now so you don't miss out.

If you have any questions about this group buy or the ECU Datascan please post up in this thread and i'll do my best to answer any quires.

Cheers

Aek

Now for the good stuff...

ECU DATASCAN

By communicating with the computers in your vehicle, you can view and log a whole range of engine and transmission related data, as well as being able to log and clear fault codes, run performance tests (such as 0-100km/h, 0-60mph, 1/4 mile). Coupled with the built-in GPS receiver, you can also log engine statistics and GPS data, and view it later on Google Earth. The ECUDatascan also has an included music and video player, the ability to run GPS satellite navigation software, and much. much more.

What is it?

The ECUDatascan is a colour LCD touchscreen device that communicates with the ECU (Engine Control Unit) inside your vehicle, allowing you to view and record realtime vehicular data and metrics such as Engine RPM, Vehicle Speed, Coolant Temperature, Manifold Boost Pressure and other important statistics. The ECUDatascan also has a built in mp3 and mp4 player, FM transmitter, and GPS receiver. This means it can be used for satellite navigation also (using optional Satnav software).

Is it easy to use?

Very. The ECUDatascan software is very intuitive, basically all you need to do is choose the manufacturer of your vehicle, choose what you want to see on the screen, and you're set.

How do I install it? Are there any wires that need cutting?

Nothing gets cut, it simply plugs into the OBD-II port of your vehicle. Everything it needs is on this port, so there are no seperate batteries or cigarette lighter adapters to power it.

What's the OBD-II port? Does my car have one?

The OBD-II port is a standard connector located inside the vehicle used for On Board Diagnostics. All vehicles from ~2001 have this connector. The standard for OBD-II says that the connector needs to be no more than 2 feet from the drivers seat. As a result there is only a small number of places where the connector is located. The nice people at The National OBD Clearinghouse have a database available that gives you the possible locations for your vehicle.

All this with one plug? How is this possible?

With the increasing levels of technology used in vehicles nowadays, it's possible to have vehicles report a whole range of diagnostic and realtime information, making it available for vehicle owners and service technicians to aid in repairing vehicles, and keeping a close eye on the operation of the vehicle. Over the years the sort of information available from the vehicles became standardised meaning the same tools (such as the ECUDatascan) could be used on a wide range of vehicles, including those from different manufacturers. By making the information available on the OBD port, technicians and owners don't need to tap into individual wires or sensors on the vehicle.

Will it break or affect the performance of my car?

Of course not. The ECUDatascan uses the same port as the manufacturers official scantools.
Will it work on my car?

We try to ensure that the ECUDatascan works on as many cars as possible. Even though there are now standards out there to ensure compatibility, some cars are still troublesome.

What sorts of things will I be able to see with it?

Unfortunately every car is different and some cars show more data than others. To get around this we go beyond the normal OBD-II standards and try to use manufacturer specific protocols to get even more data. The ECUDatascan supports over 100 parameters for some vehicles.

Are the readings Imperial or Metric?

Both. Unlike other devices on the market, the ECUDatascan lets you choose both, and lets you use both at the same time. This means you can view boost pressure in PSI, Speed in miles per hour, and temperatures in degrees Celcius.

Can I clear fault codes and turn off the Check Engine Light (CEL)?

You sure can. The ECUDatascan will list out the faults found on the car, and allow you to clear them, as well as save them on the included SD card for review later.

Does it need to get sent back for software updates, or can I do them myself?

Software updates are done by you. This means that you don't need to send the unit back. To update, simply download the latest ECUDatascan software, copy to the included SD card and reboot. More details are available in the manual.

What else can it do?

As stated before, the ECUDatascan has a built in media player and FM transmitter. This allows you to either listen to the ECUDatascan's alerts and alarms on your car stereo, or listen to your favourite MP3s. The GPS receiver is also used when recording vehicle data, allowing you to not only see what the data was, but where you were at the time also.

Anything else I should know?

Sure, there's plenty! Download the manual and see for yourself how it works and what it can do for you. Alternatively, you can contact us, or visit the ECUDatascan forums and ask other ECUDatascan users any questions.

More info can be found here: http://www.ecudatascan.com

If you are worried about giving you money to a outsider, this is from the Admin Member who organizes the GBs

Normally with GB's all payments are made to me either by Bank Deposit or Paypal if they prefer (there is a 2% charge for additional Paypal fees). Once all payments are received we are then able to proceed with the Group Buy, i will transfer the money to ECU Datascan with shipping details of everyone included who will then ship the items out directly.

If you want you can tell those guys that i'm one of the owners and administrators of Suby Club, not a random blow in. Many of the members here know where i live AND work so it's not like i can just disappear lol. They can also find me at our hooters parramatta monthly meet the first wednesday of every month.

we also have Suby Club paypal and bank accounts account which i may use but really it's no different to my own bank account anyway

here is the Manual that has more info http://www.ecudatascan.com/ECUDatascan_Manual.pdf

So who is in.

EOI in Group Buy:

1. bd-850 *paid*
2. WTR only @ $315 *paid*
3. RKC *paid*
4. Dirtee only @ $315 *paid*
5. Modori
6. docjuwe
Last edited by bd-850 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 am, edited 11 times in total.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 pm

As long as my car doesn't turn into a Spewbi ...

IN @ $315

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 pm

hoping we can get it that low Ron, but there has been alot of interest so far in chat thread, the forum isnt as active as here so give it a few days and they should have alot more.

and no it wont add class to your car Ron so you will be safe :lol:

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 pm

bd-850 wrote:....... and no it wont add class to your car Ron so you will be safe :lol:

Idiot !

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Bahahahaha...... *rofl*
You two kill me :lol:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

RKC
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RKC » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:16 pm

if it works on a my12 cj es im in

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:20 pm

yes it will, it just plugs into your OBD2 port.

and just to let people know we have 5 people so the price is down to $350

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Out of interest, is this able to log enough data for Merlin to tune a car?

Sorry, total noob with this stuff :oops:
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:30 am

Itachi wrote:Out of interest, is this able to log enough data for Merlin to tune a car? Sorry, total noob with this stuff :oops:

That's ok David.

I don't know what info merlins requires to tune a car. So im not going to say or no, maybe if shoot Ofey a PM and ask because he up with the tuning side of things and might be able to help.

But all the ECUdatascan does is plug into your OBDII port ( under the steering wheel) and gives you a visual gauge on alot of the cars doing, ie fuel consumption, intake temp, horsepower reading, 0-10 times and things like that

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 pm

In @ $315 - ONLY
2010 Lancer Es - My Ride
Wanna be customiser!!
ACT Rep 2012
CJLancerInstalls - How-To's!

Modori
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Modori » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 pm

In @ Whatever price.

Thanks.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 pm

sweet, that makes it 10 people

so its $315 (unless someone pulls out)

13EZY
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby 13EZY » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm

You could just get Torque on your Android phone or tablet?
"That's page 1, chapter 1 of the petrosexual handbook"
(Lord Clarkson - Series 17 Episode 1)
Ride Of The Month June 2011

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 am

You could, but this is ECU readings, nothing could get more accurate readings.
2010 Lancer Es - My Ride

Wanna be customiser!!

ACT Rep 2012

CJLancerInstalls - How-To's!

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 am

My bad ^^ was thinking of a different application for iPhone
2010 Lancer Es - My Ride

Wanna be customiser!!

ACT Rep 2012