***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Body Kit (V&C F-Lip + Evo Bump/Fender) Group

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Fri May 29, 2009 8:25 pm

If your doing a match black finish just go to supercheap and get some plastic primer and a can of flat black touch up paint.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Nah getting it colour matched to the black my front bumper was done in, also getting it prep'd properly and fitted so I can remove it without much effort if need be.

Just a matter of giving my old man the car for a week which I haven't been able to do since having the lip.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat May 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Evo x Bumper + black mesh
& my C-Lip..installed.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat May 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Ozie man,Quite bloody exceptional... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat May 30, 2009 1:19 pm

ofey wrote:Ozie man,Quite bloody exceptional... .

i am extremely happy ofey...
+ a Big thanks to you my friend..
Cheers mate for oganising the buy.

qudans
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby qudans » Sat May 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Your front end turned out great man, I'm really liking the nose.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sat May 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Looks good Ozie, where'd you get the mesh from?

Have you heard back from Rick ofey?? (i thought you mentioned emailing him at the beginning of the week)

Here's a pic off my facebook for those who don't have me..

It sort of shows the bulge at the bottom, which i noticed has caused the 2 fine cracks on the edge from bulging out like that.

I've gotten a price off Vox Motorsports for US70.00 (plus US56 for shipping, so about $170AU), they assure me its made of a flexible plastic. Really begs to question why Rick claims his are as good as theirs and ships out fiberglass...

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat May 30, 2009 7:59 pm

thats unfortunate ryan.
i want to see it so i can see what you have done.

I got the mesh from an old small bin. like those ones you would find in a 2 dollar Shop.
i just pulled it apart and cut a long strip, laid it behind the bumper and positioned with Silicon.
i put it in after the bumper was on.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sat May 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Hmmm that wouldn't work for me, the salt would corrode it very quickly!!

Just thought I should see the epople that do Clearshield windows and doors and get some mesh from them, its supposed to be stainless and they'll probably have some off cuts!

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sat May 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Ryan its covered in good black matt paint so i think it will last.
anyway its costs sweet FA.

dude i have a spare strip if you want it.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sat May 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Lookin really good guys :-) Those nose-pieces look better than I expected to be honest!
I'm modifying my lip a bit still, to fit the chrome back on all the way around (seeing urs now ozie, It looks neat, it looks good, but I am know sure that I want it all the way around - lol ;-) ) - HOPEFULLY have it to the right shape tomorrow... then I just gotta paint it or touch it up or something and put them on :-)

I wanna shot from further back tho guys - and did u get a lip too ryan?

P.S. I like this

"Just thought I should see the epople that do Clearshield windows and doors"

Epople! Nice work! (don't mind me - just find that some typos are funnier than others ;-)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat May 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Jazzy man, if you want a hand with anything tomorrow, give us a buzz
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 pm

:lol: Yeah but even through the paint the salt attacks stuff around here! like there is the sand dunes between my house and the beach... I'll look into clearshield as they probably have offcuts, if I don't have any luck with that I'll take you up on your offer then thanks!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 am

Ryan_C wrote:Have you heard back from Rick ofey?? (i thought you mentioned emailing him at the beginning of the week)

It sort of shows the bulge at the bottom, which i noticed has caused the 2 fine cracks on the edge from bulging out like that.

I've gotten a price off Vox Motorsports for US70.00 (plus US56 for shipping, so about $170AU), they assure me its made of a flexible plastic. Really begs to question why Rick claims his are as good as theirs and ships out fiberglass...

First off, I've verified that both your lip and Ozie's are the exact same part. It did not come from different suppliers.
By saying there's a bulge which over time is causing cracks to appear seems to indicate that it was mounted improperly and the strain on it is causing it to bend. Surely if the part arrived bent, you should have reported it and told us there was a problem.
The scratches seem to be there on all parts including my lip and that's just their QC.

I've written to Rick who hasn't replied and I'll wait till his reply before advising you what to do. So far he has replaced everyone's part that has come up with a problem so no reason not to give him some time to sort this out.

I apologise for the delay but I suspect he's trying to wrap his head around how we (here in Australia) are the only people who've complained incessantly about the quality of his products. Perhaps you should also know that Rick, VOX and Scorpion are taking all their products from the same factory. If you know of his ebay account, read the reviews. No one has complained as much about his products as we have and I too feel it very strange.

I have now invited ARS Bodykits from 9G Lancer to join us as a vendor and referred them to this thread. Their initial enthusiasm has now waned and they're very hesitant to get involved. Their claim that their bodykit parts are quality so they don't worry but now they've not responded to 2-3 of my PMs.

Tells you something perhaps about us... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun May 31, 2009 9:36 am

When you are installing Bodykits yourself, you must take extra care...
i mean we are not professionals so we will all get varied results.

i was always under the impression that these kits were not finished, as is the case with most body kits unless you order them Painted and finished in the colour of your choice.

Return to “Group Buys Service”