***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Body Kit (V&C F-Lip + Evo Bump/Fender) Group

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sun May 31, 2009 6:21 pm

:lol: No I'd class Greddy as being reliable :P

Rick wasn't the one who was selling the LED tail lights was he?

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Sun May 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks for your time ofey.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

b3n87
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby b3n87 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:44 pm

dont jinx the greddy :twisted:

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun May 31, 2009 6:47 pm

I think he was Ryan! :-S
Dunno how u'll go with them... never know, could be from 'another factory' ;-) ;-)

+1 What Ryan said - and also based upon ofey's response - that Rick's given no response!

Let's stay away from now on... That'll solve mine and Ryans beef I think... the lack of communication alone sounds like it's a deal-breaker... let alone the Q.C.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun May 31, 2009 7:13 pm

Thanks for being so understanding about this Ryan_C.

The LED tail lights are made by a Taiwanese company. No he didn't make them. He makes a huge cut on the sale price. As I said I'm attempting to circumvent him.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Sun May 31, 2009 7:23 pm

I say we do... tell me when u do even tho I'm not getting lights - it will make me feel better :-P
j/k ;-)

But goodluck on it all the same!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 pm

In the end I'm happy with the way the V-Lip looks on the VRX I didn't prime or coat it or even buff it. I think most of us expected something that when taken out of its wrapping we went WOW but we had something that at the factory they reinacted the world cup soccer with before packing.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

qudans
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby qudans » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:09 am

Looks pretty damn good fitted. Can't wait to do mine... been running into alot of delays due to unreliable people. Can't actually see too much wrong with the finish of the part in these pictures... I'll be happy if mine comes out that well. Good stuff.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:04 am

Hey Ofey,
I have to agree with comments made by Jazzy b. the bandit and Ryan C on the previous pages.
It is not your fault and u should NOT be responsible for repaying anyones money back.

We all appreciate all the time and effort you put into this group buy.

Rick was very understanding in his emails and phone calls to me and seemed only interested in having satisfied customers.

I am not fully up on all the current issues people are having but I must agree with this statement you made in an earlier post--

The dealer himself refuses to do anything more as he says if anything was faulty, it should have been reported with pictures at the start prior to work starting. Else if people have a go at the part then say it was crap to begin with, he'd be in a difficult situation to begin with.

I think it is reasonable from a dealers POV that customers notify them and send pics if a part is damaged on arrival or is below acceptable standard in finish and/or fit if they expect the dealer to replace it FOC etc.

If it is repainted or modified during fitment and then still has problems then it is too late then to make an initial complaint re being damaged on arrival or of poor fit/design if one has not taken pics etc of proof of initial problem.
I am not having a go at anyone just expressing an opinion here.

Obviously we all would have liked things to be different with better QC and product fit/finish from the start but I think maintaining a reasonable dialog between all parties concerned is essential for resolution and also for a future relationship.
Please everyone think carefully about this. If tempers are lost then everyone loses something, both us the customers and Rick the vendor.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:19 am

aussie027 wrote:I think it is reasonable from a dealers POV that customers notify them and send pics if a part is damaged on arrival or is below acceptable standard in finish and/or fit if they expect the dealer to replace it FOC etc.

If it is repainted or modified during fitment and then still has problems then it is too late then to make an initial complaint re being damaged on arrival or of poor fit/design if one has not taken pics etc of proof of initial problem.

The item wasn't damaged on arrival. The nose cone is flawed in its design which wasn't evident until after the holes had been cut out and the bottom bulged out and the top wouldn't sit flush against the bumper due to a decent sized lip on it which shouldn't have been there...

The finish was a major inconevience and I thought once it was repainted there'd be no dramas and would be easier to just repaint than stuff around with Rick. Little did I know that it wouldn't fit properly and I assure you I wouldnt have cut a hole in my bumper if I knew this would be the case.

The lip was stopping it from sitting flush when I went to fit it after repainting, so I figured the smallening it would make it fit better and it did, it meant the top of the lip was now flush with the bumper and the backing tape made contact and held it on. However at this point the problem with the shit design/manufacture at the bottom appeared and it bulged out due to it not being made to the countours of the bumper.

In an ideal world no I wouldn't have modified it, but having holes in my bumper and not wanting to be driving around for weeks with it looking like shit I had to do my best to fix it, which proved to be futile. And by Rick's lack of response it is proving to have been the best course of action. Irrelevant though, what I changed to the bumper hasn't in any way affected how it should fit, if the bottom still bulges out that is a manufcaturing flaw. At the end of the day who designs a piece of fibre glass with the intention of it being bent to shape and held on by 3M tape :?

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah...
Biggest problem = Shotty molds....

The lips are all different... how does that work when you're using a mold?

It's cos they're not made in a sealed - injection molding machine....

I'd say they're made "AROUND" a mold.... they have a fixture that's meant to be "the shape of the front lower section of a lancer" and they put the "PU" material on it, like it's paper mache or something.....

Wait for it to set....

sand, paint, 2 drill holes and off she goes....

Budget bodykit parts....

whereas someone like shadows, has a metal mold, made up like a sealed ice-cube tray... U pump molten plastic in, it fills the mold and takes the shape of the part perfectly, cools, solidifies and then the "tray" section is removed, revealing a part that needs little-to-no finishing... much more accurate and repedative...

Depending on how much pressure ricks workers put on each part, depending on how much PU material they decided to use on each one, etc. etc.... each one was going to be slightly different... just like if he were making paper mache ones.....

EDIT:
I am basing this purely on what I would say if someone came into my workshop and asked me "hey, how do u think this is made"...

Both these manufacturers MAY have different processes to what I've described here, but it would seem from the quality and finish on each product that ^most of what I've said would at least be very close to the truth.....

And if rick IS using sealed molds... god they have something wrong with them......

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Sorry Ryan, Jazzy, I see your points and situation.

I could see the fit issues with mine before I put it on sorry that you couldn't.

In that case yes I think Rick should step up if poor fit is due to poor quality of manufacture , both molding and materials.]

I hope that was clearly explained to him by somebody, ie that u couldn't see the poor fit issue until after u had cut up your bumper?????

Best of luck to everyone in getting some resolution that you find acceptable even if not ideal.
Last edited by aussie027 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 pm

What extra lip edge???
the top edge is meant to be there.

With the fit issues, mine was identical to ryans....

& i had no problems!!!!!!

same goes for the C-Lip.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Ryan_C's problem

I've finally gotten to speak to Rick. He has offered to pay for your VOX lip (not shipping). So either you get me to pay you US$70 which is ~ A$85 or he pays VOX directly for the part and you pay VOX for shipping.

I decided to announce this since it is then for all to see how this is settled. So let me know Ryan_C?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:36 pm

Ozie,
I edited above, sorry I misunderstood what Ryan mentioned above I guess as I havent seen the pieces.
So yours fit OK then??? So why did Ryan have all that trouble if the pieces were the same???
There were only 3-4 people who got the Evo centre lip piece right???

As far as the V lip goes Speedie got his on and it looks good in the pics above. So is everyone happy with them or not???

Return to “Group Buys Service”