***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

Have some Fun! Make or Participate in ClubCJ Forum Games & Activities.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Apple wrote:hahah shutup!. NFS Shift 2 is a revolution in car driving games. I have it on PC and it is no where near as perfected as it is on XBOX 360.. the game is so addictive, I have not touched any other games since I bought it, and when and if you lose, restarting is not a bad thing because the game is that fun. Multiplayer is sooo good, and xbox live makes it sooo much easier for multiplayer. The game isnt 100 percent perfected yet, there a few very small bugs, but I strongly recommend it for anyone that wants an addicting game with awesome cars, awesome graphics, awesome physics and a good multiplayer portal! 9/10 for me. ps. its nothing like NFS Shift #1, which was a crap game.

besides graphics, clearly as all console games are limited.. most to all games are the same.. difference being the controls, but using a wheel on both(like you can), the game play will be the same. most games don't change the game engine between consoles would make developing the game very costly for them, having to create 3 game engines, that would result in different, game play in feel,

if you think of a console as a computer (in which they pretty much are) they are basically just that, only difference being is the disk decoders required to read the game off the DVD.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Ok - I can give you all a balanced perspective.....

I am a mad keen PC racer, and have been for some time.... Usually have an hour long league race each week with like minded Racers.

Have be using rFactor since it came out 3-4 years ago, and there is still very few to match the car and game physics out there, and I've tried most of them... The game engine (gmotor2) was then used by Simbin who made the GTR series of games - which was sort of ok, but still a bit arcadey... We're all waiting for rFactor 2 to come out, as this is a true PC based racing game and will be the new benchmark to step up to.

Shift 2 is made by the same group of guys who all left Simbin, and got stuck into consoles instead of PC's, and wanted to slam GT5, and better Shift 1 using the NFS platform.

I'm new to PS3, but not PS gaming and loved NFS:Hot Pursuit - It was always going to be an arcadey fun racing game... But how can you not race cops cars and slam people - It was never a true 'racing' game. Consoles will always have the limitation of not being able to be upgraded, or modified and then you have use them as they indend it (without hacking it). I was never going to get this game as a PC version, as it was made as a Console game, and then just 'ported' across to each platform and PC.

I was very dissapointing with GT5 when it came out - Having played all previous versions, the limited damage model and crapola interface with so many menus just made it a chore to play.... They hyped it up, and delayed and delayed it, and then it was just below average on release.

Shift 2 is what GT5 should have been.... It's slick in the menu's, game play is great fun and the realism is there. The crash model is just excellent, and even the AI racing is close and intense. I haven't even jumped into online mode yet, as I got stuck into my career mode. Can't Drift to save myself (yet) - just keep doing doughnuts. lol

I always use a racing wheel (G25) and it is the only way to race imo. Console controllers just make it too difficult to really get anything out of the car, track or driver.... I'm 3-4 sec faster with my wheel.

PS3 PSN - Tarquin_Fintin
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:51 pm

- CCJ Premium Member #0015.

Tarq's Paintshop

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

the game aint that great, fun, but thats about it

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:57 pm

You guys actually like it?
I think its the worst NFS game ever.
Seriously real driving sims are GT
EA should stick to making games like underground and most wanted they were by far the best games they ever made, they were mega adictive and they had story lines.
In total honesty i give shift 2 a 6/10
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Ill stick with GT5 me thinks.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

Return to “Fun & Games!”