***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Gran Turismo 5 League Australia/NZ

Have some Fun! Make or Participate in ClubCJ Forum Games & Activities.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MrPing
INACTIVE Member Account

Gran Turismo 5 League Australia/NZ

Postby MrPing » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Even after being a member for over 8 months, I've contributed little to the community, and finally have something that hopefully will generate some interest.

I am an active member of NGG Forums, a gaming comunity for PC, PS3, Xbox and Wii, and we play from modnation racers to COD and all the popular games. I would not post here if it was not relevant, and here it goes.
[img]
http://www.nextgg.com/forum/gallery/pic ... ic_id=1791[/img]

and another little video to wet your appetite a little more.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdPApQvbGx4[/youtube]
(Sorry about the WRX, I did not make the video)

We are starting a racing league and club, we understand that people have lives and most of us are married and have kids, so we try to fit the schedules so everyone can take part. You can take part in casual races/events, practice sessions and track days, also will have driving school days and we are trying to make the game accesible to everyone.

We are a very friendly comunity and considering that everyone here loves cars, I am assuming a couple will be getting this game, and trust me when I say playing with real people is 10 times better than AI.

We also have our own Stig, so you can ask questions and see how you fare against the god of racing in the Top Gear Test track leadrboard.

Come join us and join the fun.
NEXT GEN GAMERS

See you in the Track

MrPing

ADMIN:I am not a spambot, or a russian person living in siberia joining forums and posting links, I posted here since I found it relevant, and you can see I've been a member for a while, not a very active one but a happy lurker and I own a CJ 09 VRX and love it, PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!!
Last edited by MrPing on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrPing

MrPing
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby MrPing » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 pm

ADMIN, what did I do wrong?, used the BB code and the youtube and imgs don't work....

oops?
MrPing

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:25 pm

We are starting a racing league and club, we understand that people have lives and most of us are married and have kids, so we try to fit the schedules so everyone can take part. You can take part in casual races/events, practice sessions and track days, also will have driving school days and we are trying to make the game accesible to everyone.

this means in the game right lol so your able to host events inside GT5 ?

i'll be keen as i'm definitely getting the GT5 , along with G27 :)
Lancer Evolution 10MR

MrPing
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby MrPing » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm

We are able to host 16 people races/track days/training/whatever you want plus 16 spectators.

We are setting up a nice way to organize the events and make them fun, we will have variety for the casual, and a harcore league if you have the time, with 50 lap races, pits, weather, tire wear, fuel, so you should time your pitting and prevent the weather.

Hope to see you there, and if oyu have GT5 Prologue, we play every week since we are warming up.
MrPing

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:43 pm

yeah I would be keen when the game arrives, I am in the process of building a simulator for my logitech wheel at the moment ready for the release 8)

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 pm

chubb , what are you gonna build it with ?

i thought of wheel stand pro but it's $300 :(
Lancer Evolution 10MR

MrPing
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby MrPing » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 pm

You can see what I am building in HERE , I am crazy about this game and even asked for 2 days anual leave to play it until my retinas are burning.

BTW fixed the videos above.
MrPing

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:59 pm

I have the logitch GT wheel (the one made for GT5) and a autotechina racing seat that I am making a steel frame for. Overall excluding the wheel combo I think it will cost me less the $200 ($150 is the seat :P).

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Don't have a PS3 to play GT5, but as an old GT player from PS2 days, I'll be giving GT5 a floggin' at my mates' place... Will be using my G25 wheel to see how it fairs.

I'm a PC lad so have been running rFactor for 3-4 years now and hanging out for rF2 (hopefully by the end this year)... still one of the best Sim racers out there. I do weekly 1 Hr races with 25+ other drivers...

Another PC/PS3 game due out the following week of GT5 is NFS: Hot Pursuit.

This is going to be good too....

>> Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Gameplay
>> Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Arms Race
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Got it on pre-order!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 am

cant wait for it to come out :D

MrPing
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby MrPing » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Tarquin wrote:. Will be using my G25 wheel to see how it fairs.

You'll be loving that....

I'm a PC lad so have been running rFactor for 3-4 years now and hanging out for rF2 (hopefully by the end this year)... still one of the best Sim racers out there. I do weekly 1 Hr races with 25+ other drivers...

The other organizer is a long time PC racer, so I know where you come from, and I would love to get into rFactor just need more money to get a decent PC to run it.
MrPing

MrPing
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby MrPing » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Once we have the league running, I will host an event for a Battle between Subaru and Mitsu, WRX vs EVO or similar.

I will invite memebers from this forum and hopefully from a subaru forum so we can race each oher in an enviroment where trading paint wont cost you anything, and represent your loved car.

We will allow full tuning so you can tweak it as much as you want up to a specified PP point.
MrPing

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 pm

MrPing wrote:Once we have the league running, I will host an event for a Battle between Subaru and Mitsu, WRX vs EVO or similar.

I will invite memebers from this forum and hopefully from a subaru forum so we can race each oher in an enviroment where trading paint wont cost you anything, and represent your loved car.

We will allow full tuning so you can tweak it as much as you want up to a specified PP point.

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun :D:D

Return to “Fun & Games!”