***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New sound/video clip of my car!

All Lancer Related Videos & Automotive Reviews.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jacob1bc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jacob1bc » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:16 pm

i will post what they say the problem is with the sound and the movement
2008 Lancer - Fuel Door,Blacked Out Front,Debadged Rear,RRM Pulley,RRM SRI,RRM Front And Rear Slotted Rotors,Megan Racing Coilovers,Shark Fin Antenna,Injen SES, HID 6000k,Floor Board Lighting,Grill Lighting,Killer Glass Kit,RA taillights,eye lids,Header

jacob1bc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jacob1bc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:04 am

well they found the problem. well let me start off my they missed it the first time. so i had to go right back. the problem is that the exhaust and motor mounts move so much that where the spring bolts and the donut gasket are it's opening a small hole and that's the sound of the exhaust coming out that hole. so they said i have 2 options. 1 is to make the car less torquey(sorry don't know how to spell.) or to get newer and stiffer motor mounts. they also said that i don't get it fixed soon the donut gasket will ware out. the problem is that i don't know how good RRM urethane filled mounts are and i just don't have the money. i don't know of any other company that makes them for my car.
2008 Lancer - Fuel Door,Blacked Out Front,Debadged Rear,RRM Pulley,RRM SRI,RRM Front And Rear Slotted Rotors,Megan Racing Coilovers,Shark Fin Antenna,Injen SES, HID 6000k,Floor Board Lighting,Grill Lighting,Killer Glass Kit,RA taillights,eye lids,Header

jacob1bc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jacob1bc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:39 am

i just thought of something else that would help with the engine movement. a torque damper, but no one makes one yet.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:55 am

Never heard of this......thats some weird shite!
so why is your engine moving that much???

jacob1bc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jacob1bc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:06 am

they said because it's got a lot of torque :). but thats all so bad because the engine moves to much

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:31 am

The RRM mounts look good, my mate has same ones but for a diff car (not same brand but same design/materials)

Even on a stock engine these make a big diff.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

jacob1bc
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jacob1bc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:29 pm

i hope these help my problem

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:20 pm

i hope so too lol...
good luck with it jacob.
keep us posted!

Return to “Videos & Reviews”